News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 371,067 )

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #630 on: February 25, 2009, 05:43:29 PM »
Quote from: Simmer on February 25, 2009, 05:35:07 PM
Quote from: Slakee on February 24, 2009, 02:29:16 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on February 24, 2009, 02:17:10 PM
Quote from: MAD on February 24, 2009, 12:42:24 PM
QuoteBCB is NOT a message board. It isn't a talk radio call-in show. The headline at the top of the page reads "A Chicago Cubs Fan Community Since February 9, 2005", and that's the most concise way I can describe this site. BCB itself is a blog, one which has built a community feel to it over the last 4 years. And unlike some blogs that talk at you, BCB offers FanPosts and FanShots where you can drive the conversation.

Delusional self-importance, thy name is Al Yellon.

All this time I have ripped on Al for being a self-important doucheface--which he is--but seriously.  How can any self-respecting "fan" stand to spend their time at a place where this schoolmarm is constantly  telling them how to express themsleves?  As bad as Al is, his legions--for actually sitting though his 13,000 word finger-wagging lecture and subsequently agreeing to his cockamanie new rules--need to be naturally selected out of the gene pool.

Dolan is right.  Thank God those idiots are over there instead of over here, ruining this place.  If this place is going to get ruined, at least it's going to be by someone who thinks for himself.  Like TDubbs.

They already drove JD away.

If JD is anywhere but here, I want to be there.

There's a little bit of JD in all of us, dontchathink?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #631 on: February 25, 2009, 08:34:48 PM »
Quote from: MAD on February 25, 2009, 05:43:29 PM
QuoteBCB is NOT a message board. It isn't a talk radio call-in show. The headline at the top of the page reads "A Chicago Cubs Fan Community Since February 9, 2005", and that's the most concise way I can describe this site. BCB itself is a blog, one which has built a community feel to it over the last 4 years. And unlike some blogs that talk at you, BCB offers FanPosts and FanShots where you can drive the conversation.

All this time I have ripped on Al for being a self-important doucheface--which he is--but seriously.  How can any self-respecting "fan" stand to spend their time at a place where this schoolmarm is constantly  telling them how to express themsleves?  As bad as Al is, his legions--for actually sitting though his 13,000 word finger-wagging lecture and subsequently agreeing to his cockamanie new rules--need to be naturally selected out of the gene pool.

Dolan is right.  Thank God those idiots are over there instead of over here, ruining this place.  If this place is going to get ruined, at least it's going to be by someone who thinks for himself.  Like TDubbs.

There has been at one time or another.  Usually when you're asleep.

I'm still around.  Just waitin' for baseball to get goin'.  Once the season starts, we're gonna go back to gripin' about the cubs, right?
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #632 on: February 25, 2009, 09:23:25 PM »
Quote from: JD on February 25, 2009, 08:34:48 PM
Quote from: MAD on February 25, 2009, 05:43:29 PM

There has been at one time or another.  Usually when you're asleep.

I'm still around.  Just waitin' for baseball to get goin'.  Once the season starts, we're gonna go back to gripin' about the cubs, right?

I'd gripe about the Cubs, but they stayed alive and trail the Dodgers 3-1. Lilly's pitching Game 5, right?

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #633 on: February 27, 2009, 12:44:51 PM »
OK... this could be a new low.

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2009/2/27/774070/erin-andrews-rocks-cubs-vs

QuoteErin Andrews Rocks: Cubs vs. Rangers at Surprise, Friday 2/27, 2:05 CT

For the last two days, starting as a total joke, a number of us posted pictures of ESPN's Erin Andrews in the game threads. On Wednesday, just after this was done, Micah Hoffpauir hit a grand slam. Yesterday, just after this was done, Jake Fox hit a three-run homer.

In an effort to generate some offense before today's game even starts, I present the following photo of Erin Andrews:

That is, of course, Bar Refaeli.  Amazing.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #634 on: February 27, 2009, 01:04:00 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on February 27, 2009, 12:44:51 PM

For the last two days, starting as a total joke, a number of us posted pictures of ESPN's Erin Andrews in the game threads. On Wednesday, just after this was done, Micah Hoffpauir hit a grand slam. Yesterday, just after this was done, Jake Fox hit a three-run homer.

In an effort to generate some offense before today's game even starts, I present the following photo of Erin Andrews:

Natch. Al's made no secret his desire to see the Cubs get no-hit.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #635 on: February 27, 2009, 01:13:25 PM »
Quote from: Fork on February 27, 2009, 01:04:00 PM

Natch. Al's made no secret his desire to see the Cubs get no-hit.

A couple of things...

In terms of searching Google for images, Bar Refaeli and Erin Andrews are quite different.

Al's an idiot.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #636 on: February 27, 2009, 01:25:43 PM »

The fact that he is a dumb fuck is not, of course, Al's fault.
Hire Jim Essian!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #637 on: February 27, 2009, 02:37:56 PM »

next page'd
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #638 on: February 27, 2009, 04:13:49 PM »
Bar Rafaeli and Erin Andrews are no Rally Carp.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #639 on: February 27, 2009, 04:21:04 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on February 27, 2009, 04:13:49 PM

Ah, good old RallyCarp.  Who could forget her?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #640 on: February 27, 2009, 04:22:07 PM »
Quote from: Eli on February 27, 2009, 04:21:04 PM
Quote from: Brownie on February 27, 2009, 04:13:49 PM

Ah, good old RallyCarp.  Who could forget her?

Yamahama it's Fright Night!

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #641 on: February 27, 2009, 04:26:20 PM »
Thread cured...

"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #642 on: February 27, 2009, 04:28:05 PM »
Quote from: Tank on February 27, 2009, 04:26:20 PM
Thread cured...

Oh, is that ... is THAT Rally Carp?  Because this other site purported that the girl I posted was, in fact, the Rally Carp.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #643 on: February 27, 2009, 04:31:47 PM »
Another data point:

Source http://desmoines.metromix.com/bars-and-clubs/photogallery/halloween-at-drink/736573/content?photo=15

QuoteJessica Carper, 26, and Erica Ruffing, 26.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #644 on: February 27, 2009, 05:10:45 PM »
Quote from: Tank on February 27, 2009, 04:26:20 PM
Thread cured made all misty-eyed...

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!