News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 371,064 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #1770 on: April 17, 2013, 08:46:56 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 16, 2013, 05:15:09 PM
It gets better when everyone tells Al what an idiot he is for missing the sarcasm, so he keeps e-sighing and huffing and puffing about it.

SB Nation is now a fairly substantial and valuable entity, yet they continue to let Yellon run one of their most popular properties. Surely there's a higher-up somewhere who realizes how bad Al is at this.

SBNation is more concered with quantity than with quality. BCB gets fuckloads of hits, which drives ad prices. It's shit, but it's gold-plated shit.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1771 on: April 17, 2013, 09:38:10 AM »
Quote from: Fork on April 17, 2013, 08:46:56 AM
It gets better when everyone tells Al what an idiot he is for missing the sarcasm, so he keeps e-sighing and huffing and puffing about it.

SB Nation is now a fairly substantial and valuable entity, yet they continue to let Yellon run one of their most popular properties. Surely there's a higher-up somewhere who realizes how bad Al is at this.

SBNation is more concered with quantity than with quality. BCB gets fuckloads of hits, which drives ad prices. It's shit, but it's gold-plated shit.

Their staff writers are excellent, but the individual team blogs that are still just farmed out have very different standards. As bad as Yellon is, he's not much worse than the guys that run a lot of their meatball-attracting team sites. He's just our oldest nemesis.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1772 on: April 17, 2013, 09:42:05 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 17, 2013, 09:38:10 AM

Their staff writers are excellent, but the individual team blogs that are still just farmed out have very different standards. As bad as Yellon is, he's not much worse than the guys that run a lot of their meatball-attracting team sites. He's just our oldest nemesis.

And yes, I'm mostly just saying this because the main editor of Windy City Gridiron is a horse's ass.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1773 on: April 17, 2013, 09:59:23 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 17, 2013, 09:42:05 AM

And yes, I'm mostly just saying this because the main editor of Windy City Gridiron is a horse's ass.

Only cause he didn't want you.

I know it was your choice. Don't get asshurt

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1774 on: April 17, 2013, 10:02:34 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 17, 2013, 09:59:23 AM

Too late. Totes asshurt. IT WAS MY CHOICE.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1775 on: April 17, 2013, 10:09:12 AM »

Actually, my biggest beef with he, Yellon, and several of the more popular ones is that if they get the tiniest amount of access it goes straight to their heads. Someone discussing Urlacher leaving said they thought leadership was overrated and the guy responded with "No offense, but I KNOW SEVERAL BEARS PLAYERS and they would laugh you out of the room for saying leadership is overrated." That kind of starfucking is irritating regardless of who it is.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1776 on: April 17, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 17, 2013, 10:09:12 AM

Actually, my biggest beef with he, Yellon, and several of the more popular ones is that if they get the tiniest amount of access it goes straight to their heads. Someone discussing Urlacher leaving said they thought leadership was overrated and the guy responded with "No offense, but I KNOW SEVERAL BEARS PLAYERS and they would laugh you out of the room for saying leadership is overrated." That kind of starfucking is irritating regardless of who it is.

That's only if you believe any Bears players would actually talk to a blogger.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1777 on: April 17, 2013, 10:21:57 AM »
Quote from: Fork on April 17, 2013, 10:15:00 AM

Chris Harris used to retweet me sometimes. Sigh. Andy could sometimes get some butthurt reactions from Greg Olsen.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1778 on: April 17, 2013, 10:24:58 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 17, 2013, 10:21:57 AM

Chris Harris used to retweet me sometimes. Sigh. Andy could sometimes get some butthurt reactions from Greg Olsen.

I think Fork was angling for an Anthony Adams reference there, sport.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1779 on: April 17, 2013, 10:34:30 AM »
Quote from: BH on April 17, 2013, 07:52:44 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 16, 2013, 04:59:29 PM
Heh...

Quote from: digitalbenjaminI think Mike's rendering is a little bit off...

I re-did the math, and it's even worse than I feared.

Quote from: Al YellonThat's way more than 6,000 square feet.

Your image is way too large.

In this pic the rooftop owners can still see the field under the new awesome sign. Everyone wins.

And I can watch the game from my back porch, and invite you folks over.  win.win.win
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1780 on: April 17, 2013, 10:37:16 AM »
That kind of starfucking is irritating regardless of who it is.

You'd never say that if you heard some of the stories DAVE KAPLAN has to tell. Hoo-boy!
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1781 on: April 17, 2013, 10:39:22 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on April 17, 2013, 10:34:30 AM
Heh...

In this pic the rooftop owners can still see the field under the new awesome sign. Everyone wins.

And I can watch the game from my back porch, and invite you folks over.  win.win.win

Why is nobody else butthurt that Rizzo is batting righthanded in this photo. If this is one of the proposed changes I vote fuck no.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1782 on: April 17, 2013, 11:07:09 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 17, 2013, 10:24:58 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 17, 2013, 10:21:57 AM

I think Fork was angling for an Anthony Adams reference there, sport.

Actually, I was going more for a "teams keep a very tight lid on blogger access" angle. Unless you get a Crane Kenney type, who loves seeing his name in print anywhere, there's no way any blogger anywhere can get access through a team. Leagues might work out arrangements with blog networks (The SCH guys could have gotten creds through the NHL for the 2010 Final, for instance), but that just gets you into the media room. Good luck getting a question answered.
TIME TO POST!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1783 on: April 17, 2013, 11:28:48 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on April 17, 2013, 10:34:30 AM
Heh...

And I can watch the game [win] from my back porch [win], and invite you folks over [lose].

Fixed.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1784 on: April 17, 2013, 12:28:22 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 17, 2013, 10:39:22 AM

Why is nobody else butthurt that Rizzo is batting righthanded in this photo. If this is one of the proposed changes I vote fuck no.

He's right handed, and he's been traded to the Diamondbacks, and they seem to have merged with the Rangers.  Big changes coming to MLB in 2014.