News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The All-Purpose No Bullshit Tolerating Who Should Be the Next Manager Thread  ( 58,205 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 19, 2010, 11:31:14 AM
I'm good with it. Had they somehow managed to land Girardi, it would cost them some astronomical figure that the next GM would be saddled with. Now, they can fire Hendry and if the new guy likes Quade, yay. If he doesn't...

But I hope Quade wins four World Series championships in a row with teh Cubs.

I like the move too. He's competent and the upgrade to Girardi is probably not worth the cheddar considering the financial shithole this team is in. Here's hoping the hairless weirdo is a winnar.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I don't hate this at all.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: R-V on October 19, 2010, 11:36:33 AM
I'm good with it. Had they somehow managed to land Girardi, it would cost them some astronomical figure that the next GM would be saddled with. Now, they can fire Hendry and if the new guy likes Quade, yay. If he doesn't...

I like the move too. He's competent and the upgrade to Girardi is probably not worth the cheddar considering the financial shithole this team is in. Here's hoping the hairless weirdo is a winnar.

BC's against it.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 19, 2010, 11:44:03 AM
Quote from: R-V on October 19, 2010, 11:36:33 AM

BC's against it.

Link?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I'm pretty happy about it. It's as happy as I've been about a Cubs move in a long time.

This only serves to remind me of the drunken conversation my friends and I had in a Pittsburgh (Yep, that's right) hotel room when we went to see a few games at PNC a couple of years ago. It was with Quade's girlfriend. She was a sexy old cougar who told us that Fuky loves his Marlboro Reds and that Quade doesn't have a single hair on his entire body. It was...gross. 

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
I'm on board, as long as he doesn't teach Starlin lessons by benching him for long periods of time.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on October 19, 2010, 11:51:24 AM
I'm pretty happy about it. It's as happy as I've been about a Cubs move in a long time.

This only serves to remind me of the drunken conversation my friends and I had in a Pittsburgh (Yep, that's right) hotel room when we went to see a few games at PNC a couple of years ago. It was with Quade's girlfriend. She was a sexy old cougar who told us that Fuky loves his Marlboro Reds and that Quade doesn't have a single hair on his entire body. It was...gross.

I was just wondering about this - is Quade the first hairless manager in baseball history? Maybe TJ can weigh in on this historical query.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: R-V on October 19, 2010, 12:18:29 PM

I was just wondering about this - is Quade the first hairless manager in baseball history? Maybe TJ can weigh in on this historical query.

Not sure where one would look to confirm this, but let's assume it's true.

I'm a little surprised they gave him a 2-year contract. If Hendry's fired at any point this year, it doesn't look good for Quade.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Brownie on October 19, 2010, 01:47:17 PM

I'm a little surprised they gave him a 2-year contract. If Hendry's fired at any point this year, it doesn't look good for Quade.

Unless they're 11 games over .500 and looking like a sure bet to get swept in the first round of the upcoming NLDS.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

I'm not.  It makes perfect sense.  Why tie a replacement for Hendry into ANOTHER long term contract?  And what was Quade gonna do?  Ask for more?  He has no leverage whatsoever.

Hendry was just given another year to try to fix the third mess he created.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

Toward the end of the week, when columnists, have run out of relevant things to write about, you can expect to see this show up in the Sun-Times.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club

Quade's in a tough spot. The team will not be good, the GM is probably on his last chance, and the inevitable bad start to the year will lead to the meatheads bemoaning the missing out on Sandberg.

I like the fact that the Cubs made a smart hire here, but it should have been done with a new GM.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club

Probably, except for the ones who went through chemo.
M'lady.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
Quote from: Canadouche on October 19, 2010, 05:57:54 PM

Probably, except for the ones who went through chemo.

Leave it to Kurt to take all the hilarity out of cancer.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club

I think Stan Sitwell did a short stint with the Rangers in the late 70s.