News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: CIN, HOU, MIL, PIT, CHC all pisspoor in 2009.  ( 104,586 )

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: CIN, HOU, MIL, PIT, STL all pisspoor in 2009.
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2009, 11:51:19 AM »
Quote from: Dave B on May 12, 2009, 11:43:53 AM
Uh-oh. Will Leitch's weekly column on Deadspin is Kermit-like:

"Dusty Baker. The rivalry between Tony La Russa and Dusty Baker has always been an entertaining one, and having just watched the full series between the Cardinals and Reds last weekend, I can attest that the Reds are a lot better than anyone realizes. It would be kind of an amusing irony if Baker ends up taking the Reds to the World Series, something he could never make happen with the Cubs. The only thing that would be better? If Jim Essian came back. I loved that guy. Anyway, yeah: I'm officially terrified of the Reds. And I don't even think Dusty's going to shred all those pitchers' arms this time either."

Well, that's odd.
Hire Jim Essian!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2009, 11:55:59 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on May 12, 2009, 11:51:19 AM
Quote from: Dave B on May 12, 2009, 11:43:53 AM
Uh-oh. Will Leitch's weekly column on Deadspin is Kermit-like:

"Dusty Baker. The rivalry between Tony La Russa and Dusty Baker has always been an entertaining one, and having just watched the full series between the Cardinals and Reds last weekend, I can attest that the Reds are a lot better than anyone realizes. It would be kind of an amusing irony if Baker ends up taking the Reds to the World Series, something he could never make happen with the Cubs. The only thing that would be better? If Jim Essian came back. I loved that guy. Anyway, yeah: I'm officially terrified of the Reds. And I don't even think Dusty's going to shred all those pitchers' arms this time either."

Well, that's odd.

BK is right...what happened to the royal we?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2009, 02:01:25 PM »
DPD.

Don't know if this is DRLP (or if DRLP is applicable on the only site), but apparently Ryan Braun has a clothing line.

The new company's name is a play on the word "remedy", because Braun hopes that its bright colors and friendlier graphics offer an answer to the dark, drab designs popular until now.

This extremely punchable photo included on the link.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2009, 02:05:34 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 12, 2009, 02:01:25 PM
DPD.

Don't know if this is DRLP (or if DRLP is applicable on the only site), but apparently Ryan Braun has a clothing line.

The new company's name is a play on the word "remedy", because Braun hopes that its bright colors and friendlier graphics offer an answer to the dark, drab designs popular until now.

What you wear says a lot about you.

That shirt says, "I like cock."
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2009, 02:24:37 PM »
Ken Rosenthal is reporting that Frank Catalanotto has signed a contract with the Milwaukee Brewers.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2009, 02:45:05 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 12, 2009, 02:24:37 PM
Ken Rosenthal is reporting that Frank Catalanotto has signed a contract with the Milwaukee Brewers.

Is his show still on TNT?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2009, 02:47:40 PM »
Quote from: MAD on May 12, 2009, 02:45:05 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on May 12, 2009, 02:24:37 PM

Is his show still on TNT?

I laughed, Huey.
Hire Jim Essian!

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2009, 02:52:36 PM »
DPD.

Jim Edmonds just got a woody and doesn't know why.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2009, 03:16:11 PM »
DPD.

Again, this should lead to TORTURE from the LF bleacherites the next time he comes to town.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2009, 03:54:41 PM »
That picture really makes Ryan Braun that much more waterboardable.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2009, 04:07:55 PM »
Ryan Braun has street cred and edge.

QuoteBright colors and embellished accents speak of a history of kings and caballeros, warriors and priestesses, edifying legends extolled with dramatic symbolism. Birds, animals, celestial scenes of lightening, smoke and stars are all presented to glorify the beauty found in the multiple layers of a culture's fabric.

The Remetee collection displays rich symbols of past and present, good and evil, grit and glam recreated in a pageantry of fashion. Emblems of war, peace, love and myth, are woven into the wearable translation of an unfolding story.

Okay.

"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

MidgetSellingWater

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2009, 04:31:49 PM »
Quote from: Tank on May 12, 2009, 04:07:55 PM

QuoteBright colors and embellished accents speak of a history of kings and caballeros, warriors and priestesses, edifying legends extolled with dramatic symbolism. Birds, animals, celestial scenes of lightening, smoke and stars are all presented to glorify the beauty found in the multiple layers of a culture's fabric.

The Remetee collection displays rich symbols of past and present, good and evil, grit and glam recreated in a pageantry of fashion. Emblems of war, peace, love and myth, are woven into the wearable translation of an unfolding story.

Jesus.  Those shirts look like a Boys Town toilet after a long night of $2 daqueris, mai tais and bukkake.  Or so I've heard.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2009, 05:10:56 PM »
Who's the last guy, is that Yosh Kawano?  Wrong hat.

Ryan Braun is going to get Ray Chapman'ed at some point this season.  He has reason to fear being thrown at.  What a fucking punk.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2009, 05:41:27 PM »
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2009, 06:07:13 PM »
Quote from: Tank on May 12, 2009, 04:07:55 PM

Okay.

Please please please please please just tell me those bedazzled jeans are part of the clothing line.