News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread  ( 365,655 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread
« Reply #495 on: August 28, 2013, 11:15:31 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on August 28, 2013, 10:38:28 AM

What jackasses complain about shit being too loud in the bleachers?

But it's the RIGHT loud.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #496 on: August 28, 2013, 11:29:55 AM »

That sounds more like Andy Frain was complaining, not the casual fan.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #497 on: August 28, 2013, 11:41:49 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 28, 2013, 11:29:55 AM

Not the point, Chuck.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #498 on: August 28, 2013, 02:08:18 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 28, 2013, 11:41:49 AM

Not the point, Chuck.

That's a pretty all-purpose statement.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #499 on: August 28, 2013, 05:44:22 PM »
Quote from: Bort on August 28, 2013, 02:08:18 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 28, 2013, 11:41:49 AM

Not the point, Chuck.

That's a pretty all-purpose statement.

Starting typing "No, Chuck", but decided I should be ever so slightly more specific.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #500 on: August 28, 2013, 08:04:39 PM »
Quote from: Fork on August 28, 2013, 11:15:31 AM

But it's the RIGHT loud.

When they were very young, perhaps ages 5, 7, 9 and 12, I took my sons to a Cal football game.  Cal was typically not very good and the stands had very few fans in them.  It didn't matter to my boys.  They cheered loudly and often.  A woman a few rows ahead of us bitched at them telling them to be quiet.  I lost it, telling her that if she wanted quiet on a Saturday afternoon she should go to the library, not a football game.   Not a good example for my boys, but the other folks around us enjoyed that.   Today, though only one on my sons went to Cal, they are Cal fans.  (Yeah, I know that this post really belongs on Facebook instead of here, but this is my tenth day on Maui and my brain has turned into poi.)
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #501 on: August 28, 2013, 08:11:40 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on August 28, 2013, 08:04:39 PM

But it's the RIGHT loud.

When they were very young, perhaps ages 5, 7, 9 and 12, I took my sons to a Cal football game.  Cal was typically not very good and the stands had very few fans in them.  It didn't matter to my boys.  They cheered loudly and often.  A woman a few rows ahead of us bitched at them telling them to be quiet.  I lost it, telling her that if she wanted quiet on a Saturday afternoon she should go to the library, not a football game.   Not a good example for my boys, but the other folks around us enjoyed that.   Today, though only one on my sons went to Cal, they are Cal fans.  (Yeah, I know that this post really belongs on Facebook instead of here, but this is my tenth day on Maui and my brain has turned into poi.)

I disagree, that was an excellent example for your boys.  Will you be back for the opener, Stew?  If not, do you have any gameday suggestions, places to eat, etc.?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #502 on: August 28, 2013, 08:44:47 PM »
We will be back and sitting in XX in the north end zone.  I'd invite you over for dinner, but they are having festivities at the stadium beginning around 5:30 and one of my sons wants to go to those activities so we will walk over early and probably eat there. 

Telegraph Ave on the South side of campus has various student  type places to eat.  Henry's in the Durant Hotel at Durant and Bowditch is a traditional before and after game eating and drinking site.  It is three blocks from the stadium.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #503 on: August 28, 2013, 08:57:27 PM »

But it's the RIGHT loud.

When they were very young, perhaps ages 5, 7, 9 and 12, I took my sons to a Cal football game.  Cal was typically not very good and the stands had very few fans in them.  It didn't matter to my boys.  They cheered loudly and often.  A woman a few rows ahead of us bitched at them telling them to be quiet.  I lost it, telling her that if she wanted quiet on a Saturday afternoon she should go to the library, not a football game.   Not a good example for my boys, but the other folks around us enjoyed that.   Today, though only one on my sons went to Cal, they are Cal fans.  (Yeah, I know that this post really belongs on Facebook instead of here, but this is my tenth day on Maui and my brain has turned into poi.)

I originally read this as "but this is my tenth day on Maui and my brain has turned into pot"
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #504 on: August 29, 2013, 09:22:08 AM »
Quote from: flannj on August 28, 2013, 08:57:27 PM

But it's the RIGHT loud.

When they were very young, perhaps ages 5, 7, 9 and 12, I took my sons to a Cal football game.  Cal was typically not very good and the stands had very few fans in them.  It didn't matter to my boys.  They cheered loudly and often.  A woman a few rows ahead of us bitched at them telling them to be quiet.  I lost it, telling her that if she wanted quiet on a Saturday afternoon she should go to the library, not a football game.   Not a good example for my boys, but the other folks around us enjoyed that.   Today, though only one on my sons went to Cal, they are Cal fans.  (Yeah, I know that this post really belongs on Facebook instead of here, but this is my tenth day on Maui and my brain has turned into poi.)

I originally read this as "but this is my tenth day on Maui and my brain has turned into pot"

I read this as a Jewish guy who thought he was Catholic and ended up having 4 kids, but that can't be right, so I moved on.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #505 on: August 29, 2013, 10:06:20 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on August 29, 2013, 09:22:08 AM

But it's the RIGHT loud.

I read this as a Jewish guy who thought he was Catholic and ended up having 4 kids, but that can't be right, so I moved on.
There's four kids in my house. Eldest Murton, Middle Murton, Little Girl Murton and me.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #506 on: August 29, 2013, 01:00:26 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on August 29, 2013, 09:22:08 AM

But it's the RIGHT loud.

We were influenced by the Kennedys.   Poor Ethel!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #507 on: September 05, 2013, 08:55:31 AM »
Up is down, dogs are living with cats, the Cubs playing for a championship.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #508 on: October 24, 2013, 12:39:22 PM »
Nine games in, and Kris Bryant is off to a hot start.  Currently leading the Arizona Fall League in HR and OPS.  Almora is fourth in OPS.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #509 on: October 24, 2013, 02:06:13 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 24, 2013, 12:39:22 PM
Nine games in, and Kris Bryant is off to a hot start.  Currently leading the Arizona Fall League in HR and OPS.  Almora is fourth in OPS.

What's the age limit on this league?