News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread  ( 365,691 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread
« Reply #690 on: February 11, 2014, 01:18:31 PM »
Quote from: CT III on February 11, 2014, 01:09:44 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on February 11, 2014, 01:07:25 PM
Quote from: CT III on February 11, 2014, 12:50:31 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on February 11, 2014, 12:13:45 PM
Quote from: PANK! on February 11, 2014, 06:50:04 AM
Quote from: Yeti on February 11, 2014, 06:46:49 AM
Quote from: PANK! on February 11, 2014, 04:01:05 AM
Quote from: Fork on February 10, 2014, 03:42:06 PM
Now that the Cougars have release their schedule, any interest in a group buy? They've actually got a nice picnic area there - very kid-friendly.

Intrepid Reader:  Yeti

*boing*

In actuality, my bff and I have talked about Kane County as a slight possibility for one part of my bachelor party. But, IIRC, they don't have an all-inclusive section

A group of you and your overserved hilljackians is all that needs to happen for Kane County to lose their team.

Is Kane County relatively hilljack free? I highly doubt Yeti and his ilk would make a dent.

Eastern Kane County is sort of the last outpost on the hilljack frontier.  Geneva, Batavia, St. Charles and Aurora aren't much different than any other Chicago suburbs.  

Western Kane County is basically Iowa.

It's full of nice people and an ok place to live?

Yes, albeit still lagging behind the rest of us in the field of belt technology.

Chuck D must curse me every day for the shame I've caused his homeland as a transplanted Iowan.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #691 on: February 11, 2014, 01:27:54 PM »
Now that the Cougars have release their schedule, any interest in a group buy? They've actually got a nice picnic area there - very kid-friendly.

*boing*

In actuality, my bff and I have talked about Kane County as a slight possibility for one part of my bachelor party. But, IIRC, they don't have an all-inclusive section

A group of you and your overserved hilljackians is all that needs to happen for Kane County to lose their team.

Is Kane County relatively hilljack free? I highly doubt Yeti and his ilk would make a dent.

Eastern Kane County is sort of the last outpost on the hilljack frontier.  Geneva, Batavia, St. Charles and Aurora aren't much different than any other Chicago suburbs.  

So basically loaded with hilljacks?
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #692 on: February 11, 2014, 01:38:24 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on February 11, 2014, 01:27:54 PM

*boing*

And much of the college-going student population of Chicagaland.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #693 on: February 11, 2014, 02:02:56 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 11, 2014, 01:38:24 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on February 11, 2014, 01:27:54 PM

*boing*

And much of the college-going student population of Chicagaland.

And we know there aren't any hilljack implants living in Chicago

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #694 on: February 11, 2014, 04:12:32 PM »

*boing*

I just found out there's a show this weekend in St. Charles - the Buckinghams and Gary Puckett, both backed by an orchestra. You won't get that in the Big City, octagons.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #695 on: February 11, 2014, 04:15:07 PM »
Quote from: Fork on February 11, 2014, 04:12:32 PM

*boing*

I just found out there's a show this weekend in St. Charles - the Buckinghams and Gary Puckett, both backed by an orchestra. You won't get that in the Big City, octagons.

That's why I stay in the city

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #696 on: February 12, 2014, 11:54:32 AM »
Dolan's previews so far are hilariously sad. I laughed and wept.

What a shitty goddamn team.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #697 on: February 12, 2014, 03:27:32 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 12, 2014, 11:54:32 AM

What a shitty goddamn team.

Andy's averaging a solid 10 rhetorical questions per preview so far, but I think he can do better, don't you?

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #698 on: February 12, 2014, 10:11:49 PM »

Where can I find these things?  They on the internets or can he just give them to me over the phone?
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #699 on: February 13, 2014, 02:15:19 PM »
Quote from: JD on February 12, 2014, 10:11:49 PM

Where can I find these things?  They on the internets or can he just give them to me over the phone?

he might fax em over.

or hit up desipio dot com on the web

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #700 on: February 18, 2014, 09:00:17 AM »
I saw some discussion on the tweets yesternight about people being sick of losing and possibly wanting Baez and Bryant to start the season with the big league club. I can understand impatience from finely aged folks like Stew, but for anyone under the age of 115 who will presumably live to see this rebuilding process play out I don't get it - what's the rush? Starlin got called up when he was 20, Patterson when he was 21. Now all players are different, and I'm not saying that Starlin can be called a bust yet...but even setting aside arbitration clock issues, why not err on the side of caution with two guys who just turned 21 and 22?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #701 on: February 18, 2014, 09:09:07 AM »
Quote from: R-V on February 18, 2014, 09:00:17 AM
I saw some discussion on the tweets yesternight about people being sick of losing and possibly wanting Baez and Bryant to start the season with the big league club. I can understand impatience from finely aged folks like Stew, but for anyone under the age of 115 who will presumably live to see this rebuilding process play out I don't get it - what's the rush? Starlin got called up when he was 20, Patterson when he was 21. Now all players are different, and I'm not saying that Starlin can be called a bust yet...but even setting aside arbitration clock issues, why not err on the side of caution with two guys who just turned 21 and 22?

People are stupid. Whenever these guys get called up, and they struggle learning major league pitching, Cubs fans are going to be hilarious to watch.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #702 on: February 18, 2014, 09:42:29 AM »

I saw that and get both sides. I think Baez would have a reasonable chance to be the Cubs' best player over a full season (partially based on how terrible everyone else is), so it's annoying to keep him down because 1.) it'd just be fun to actually see some exciting talent and 2.) they're obviously not concerned with putting their best product on the field. But everyone knows that.

On the other hand, starting him in AAA is almost certainly the rational, prudent move for a small-market franchise like the Cubs.

That Twitter discussion showed that Cubs fandom has been reduced to a pissing content over who is the best-behaved, most patient fan. It should be a good year!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #703 on: February 18, 2014, 09:46:40 AM »
Pen is going to come yell at me now.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #704 on: February 18, 2014, 09:53:31 AM »
Quote from: Eli on February 18, 2014, 09:42:29 AM

I saw that and get both sides. I think Baez would have a reasonable chance to be the Cubs' best player over a full season (partially based on how terrible everyone else is), so it's annoying to keep him down because 1.) it'd just be fun to actually see some exciting talent and 2.) they're obviously not concerned with putting their best product on the field. But everyone knows that.

On the other hand, starting him in AAA is almost certainly the rational, prudent move for a small-market franchise like the Cubs.

That Twitter discussion showed that Cubs fandom has been reduced to a pissing content over who is the best-behaved, most patient fan. It should be a good year!

I see both sides as well. I'm not saying blow up a plan so people can have something to be happy about but at the same time I think when you combine all of the issues plaguing the Cubs right now (and it's not just a bad on-field product) it's enough to cause a man to drink.

Look at all the teams that are going to contend for a playoff spot this year. The Cubs are one of like six teams that has absolutely no chance to make the postseason.

I have the Cubs, Marlins, Twins, Astros, White Sox, Mets as the teams that will most definitely not contend. Anyone else has a case to sneak in.