News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread  ( 365,737 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread
« Reply #2700 on: May 29, 2015, 02:23:47 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 29, 2015, 02:22:02 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on May 29, 2015, 02:20:12 PM
Quote from: SKO on May 29, 2015, 02:15:59 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on May 29, 2015, 02:13:17 PM
If Wada's in a close game and about to face a righty in his third turn and he looks like he usually does, you look down at your list of relievers and you pick the best one for the situation you've got. That might be C.J. Fucking Edwards. Or maybe C.J threw two innings the day before and one inning the day before that and he's in tennis shoes today. You're gonna pick another guy who isn't Brian Schlitter. Let's call him Neil Ramirez. Or let's call him Travis Wood.

What you don't want to do is save Edwards for the Wada start if you need him the two days prior. I think we all agree that we want the best pitcher available in a high leverage situation. Calling a guy and 8th or 9th inning guy is antiquated. Calling a guy Wada's Caddie is dumber than a Phil Rogers, Al Yellon, Gordo think tank.

Truth. I guess the most general way to say it is that Edwards seems like the best candidate to both strand inherited runners AND pitch multiple innings, and that's a nice thing to have, regardless of which innings you're asking him to pitch and who started that day.

Considering this guy has never faced a batter in a big league game, I'm going to deploy the "Slow down, Cowboy" argument, and see how this all plays out.

*Adds Apex to list with Eli and SKO of "Guys that Hate CJ Edwards* Carl Edwards Jr.

*adds Pen*
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2701 on: May 29, 2015, 02:25:52 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on May 29, 2015, 02:23:47 PM
If Wada's in a close game and about to face a righty in his third turn and he looks like he usually does, you look down at your list of relievers and you pick the best one for the situation you've got. That might be C.J. Fucking Edwards. Or maybe C.J threw two innings the day before and one inning the day before that and he's in tennis shoes today. You're gonna pick another guy who isn't Brian Schlitter. Let's call him Neil Ramirez. Or let's call him Travis Wood.

What you don't want to do is save Edwards for the Wada start if you need him the two days prior. I think we all agree that we want the best pitcher available in a high leverage situation. Calling a guy and 8th or 9th inning guy is antiquated. Calling a guy Wada's Caddie is dumber than a Phil Rogers, Al Yellon, Gordo think tank.

Truth. I guess the most general way to say it is that Edwards seems like the best candidate to both strand inherited runners AND pitch multiple innings, and that's a nice thing to have, regardless of which innings you're asking him to pitch and who started that day.

Considering this guy has never faced a batter in a big league game, I'm going to deploy the "Slow down, Cowboy" argument, and see how this all plays out.

*Adds Apex to list with Eli and SKO of "Guys that Hate CJ Edwards* Carl Edwards Jr.

*adds Pen*

His Momma call him CJ, I'm gonna call him CJ. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2702 on: May 29, 2015, 02:27:27 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 29, 2015, 02:25:52 PM

*adds Pen*

Oh, I get it. You're doing a black character.

The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2703 on: May 29, 2015, 02:28:59 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 29, 2015, 02:27:27 PM

*adds Pen*

*add Pen to the list of Guys Who Are Racist Against Carl Edwards Jr*
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2704 on: May 29, 2015, 02:29:31 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 29, 2015, 02:28:59 PM

*adds Pen*

*add Pen to the list of Guys Who Are Racist Against Carl Edwards Jr*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFcG2N3O_Wk

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2705 on: May 29, 2015, 02:30:59 PM »

*adds Pen*

Well, it's better than the time you thought I was doing SKO when I was doing Three Dog Night.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2706 on: May 29, 2015, 02:31:23 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 29, 2015, 02:30:59 PM

*adds Pen*

Well, it's better than the time you thought I was doing SKO when I was doing Three Dog Night.

Is it?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2707 on: May 29, 2015, 02:32:00 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 29, 2015, 02:31:23 PM

*adds Pen*

Is it?

Yes, that was offensive.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2708 on: May 29, 2015, 02:33:32 PM »
Did KurtEvans get into Pen's account somehow?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2709 on: May 29, 2015, 02:33:54 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 29, 2015, 02:32:00 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on May 29, 2015, 02:31:23 PM

*adds Pen*

Is it?

Yes, that was offensive.

*Adds Pen to the list of people who think racism isn't as bad as Three Dog Night*
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2710 on: May 29, 2015, 02:35:33 PM »
This is the best PenisWrong we've had in a long time. I've thoroughly enjoyed today. Good work, everybody.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2711 on: May 29, 2015, 02:40:50 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 29, 2015, 02:35:33 PM
This is the best PenisWrong we've had in a long time. I've thoroughly enjoyed today. Good work, everybody.

Still not wrong.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2712 on: May 29, 2015, 03:14:31 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 29, 2015, 02:40:50 PM
Quote from: SKO on May 29, 2015, 02:35:33 PM

Still not wrong.

I just caught up on this thread, and oh yes you are.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2713 on: May 30, 2015, 10:21:10 AM »
Slow Friday at work, huh?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2714 on: June 03, 2015, 10:34:22 AM »
This guy, Ryan Williams, has moved from A- (SB) to AA and is pitching for Tennessee today.