News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2012 Chicago Cubs  ( 86,444 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2012 Chicago Cubs
« Reply #180 on: April 18, 2012, 11:38:22 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 18, 2012, 11:34:42 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 18, 2012, 11:25:15 AM
Quote from: PANK! on April 18, 2012, 11:07:58 AM
To be honest, I don't know why Eli has mystifyingly made it his mission to stick up for a good #2 or #3 pitcher on a crappy team to the 5% of us crazy fucks who for our own perplexing reasons hate him with every red blood cell in our bodies (as opposed to the overall adulation that the guy generally receives from the fans and media in Chicago.)

Eli does have a long track record of insisting that people judge baseball players rationally according to said players' actual performance as baseball players for some reason.

Which is to say, a long track record of being a fag.

Fine.  But he also loves him some prospects, because he's such a SABERHOMO.  In that case, I'll patiently await his entrance to the righteous, correct side (and greet him warmly) after Dempster uses his 5-and-10 status to block a deal for a decent future consideration (I mean, based on the NUMBERS, his value's gotta be pretty decent right now, right?) because gosh he loves living in Chicago so much and would just prefer to ride out here.

And what if he does the unthinkable and accepts a trade?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #181 on: April 18, 2012, 11:41:59 AM »
Did anybody else realise that Starlin Castro has 7 (seven!) stolen bases in eleven games this year, and hasn't been caught once?

I had no fucking idea the boy could run *that* well.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #182 on: April 18, 2012, 11:42:50 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 18, 2012, 11:41:59 AM
Did anybody else realise that Starlin Castro has 7 (seven!) stolen bases in eleven games this year, and hasn't been caught once?

The season started?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #183 on: April 18, 2012, 11:52:53 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on April 18, 2012, 11:42:50 AM
Quote from: Tonker on April 18, 2012, 11:41:59 AM

The season started?

And 0 homers.  Let's wait until he hits a few dongers and then trade his ass early and young like Yetti at a pawn shop for underage girls?
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #184 on: April 18, 2012, 11:55:28 AM »
To be honest, I don't know why Eli has mystifyingly made it his mission to stick up for a good #2 or #3 pitcher on a crappy team to the 5% of us crazy fucks who for our own perplexing reasons hate him with every red blood cell in our bodies (as opposed to the overall adulation that the guy generally receives from the fans and media in Chicago.)  Is it really worth your time?  Jesus, leave me to my HATRED will ya?  It's all I got.

Since 2008, Dempster is 19th among MLB starters in WAR. This would imply that he is good enough to be a #1 starter on a mediocre to crappy team or a #2 starter on a good team.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #185 on: April 18, 2012, 11:57:59 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 18, 2012, 11:55:28 AM
To be honest, I don't know why Eli has mystifyingly made it his mission to stick up for a good #2 or #3 pitcher on a crappy team to the 5% of us crazy fucks who for our own perplexing reasons hate him with every red blood cell in our bodies (as opposed to the overall adulation that the guy generally receives from the fans and media in Chicago.)  Is it really worth your time?  Jesus, leave me to my HATRED will ya?  It's all I got.

Since 2008, Dempster is 19th among MLB starters in WAR. This would imply that he is good enough to be a #1 starter on a mediocre to crappy team or a #2 starter on a good team.

Intrepid Reader: Huey

Oh yeah? Well REALLY LONG SENTENCE...
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2012, 11:58:44 AM »
Quote from: CT III on April 18, 2012, 11:38:22 AM
Quote from: PANK! on April 18, 2012, 11:34:42 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 18, 2012, 11:25:15 AM
To be honest, I don't know why Eli has mystifyingly made it his mission to stick up for a good #2 or #3 pitcher on a crappy team to the 5% of us crazy fucks who for our own perplexing reasons hate him with every red blood cell in our bodies (as opposed to the overall adulation that the guy generally receives from the fans and media in Chicago.)

Eli does have a long track record of insisting that people judge baseball players rationally according to said players' actual performance as baseball players for some reason.

Which is to say, a long track record of being a fag.

Fine.  But he also loves him some prospects, because he's such a SABERHOMO.  In that case, I'll patiently await his entrance to the righteous, correct side (and greet him warmly) after Dempster uses his 5-and-10 status to block a deal for a decent future consideration (I mean, based on the NUMBERS, his value's gotta be pretty decent right now, right?) because gosh he loves living in Chicago so much and would just prefer to ride out here.

And what if he does the unthinkable and accepts a trade?

Then I'll say something nice about him for a change.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #187 on: April 18, 2012, 12:01:05 PM »

He's leading the league in laughs though. Where's your Will Ferrell-as-Harry Caray, Roy Halladay?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #188 on: April 18, 2012, 12:02:05 PM »

Here's a "stat" for you so-called "experts" : GLOVE FLIP
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #189 on: April 18, 2012, 12:24:37 PM »

I honestly just like it when there's discussion here at Desipio.

Also, what Thrill said.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #190 on: April 18, 2012, 12:43:15 PM »
Is it ok if I hate Dempster irrationally?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #191 on: April 18, 2012, 12:43:37 PM »
In the shoutbox, Huey asks "when have I ever pretended that Dempster is a technically BAD pitcher?"

Quote from: PANK! on March 29, 2012, 05:28:28 PM
... this unicycle pedalling paragon to Northside asshattery has managed to pitch the Cubs out of the playoffs in two seperate seasons because he's had a whopping three  really good regular seasons.

Yay?  

*rolls eyes*

Fuck him.

Quote from: PANK! on March 30, 2012, 08:54:22 AM
... for chrissakes throw the goddamn ball over the plate when we really need you to.  Pretty fucking please?  And if he won't, can he at least just leave town and relieve us of our suffering (Except for Eli, Slaky, Yeti and Tonker, who are totally gay for Dempster)?

Quote from: PANK! on March 30, 2012, 08:57:12 AM
Really, my point is that Opening Day--though as meaningless as the other 161 games in a 95 loss season-- is still considered a "Big Game" and that motherfucker did the exact same thing he did against the Dodgers four years earlier.  Jesus--where' the hate?!?!

What really matters is that it doesn't matter that Dempster is an above-average pitcher. Huey's willing to stipulate as much.

He's still a pants-shitting shitty pitcher those times he pitches shitty, though.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #192 on: April 18, 2012, 12:53:47 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 18, 2012, 12:43:37 PM
In the shoutbox, Huey asks "when have I ever pretended that Dempster is a technically BAD pitcher?"

Quote from: PANK! on March 29, 2012, 05:28:28 PM
... this unicycle pedalling paragon to Northside asshattery has managed to pitch the Cubs out of the playoffs in two seperate seasons because he's had a whopping three  really good regular seasons.

Yay?  

*rolls eyes*

Fuck him.

Quote from: PANK! on March 30, 2012, 08:54:22 AM
... for chrissakes throw the goddamn ball over the plate when we really need you to.  Pretty fucking please?  And if he won't, can he at least just leave town and relieve us of our suffering (Except for Eli, Slaky, Yeti and Tonker, who are totally gay for Dempster)?

Quote from: PANK! on March 30, 2012, 08:57:12 AM
Really, my point is that Opening Day--though as meaningless as the other 161 games in a 95 loss season-- is still considered a "Big Game" and that motherfucker did the exact same thing he did against the Dodgers four years earlier.  Jesus--where' the hate?!?!

What really matters is that it doesn't matter that Dempster is an above-average pitcher. Huey's willing to stipulate as much.

He's still a pants-shitting shitty pitcher those times he pitches shitty, though.

I honestly don't see where that's proof where I felt otherwise.  Good pitchers can pitch shittily in big games.  This is what we have here, and I'm vexed by it.  Sue me.

Considering how rare a postseason appearance is for this franchise, and the fact that on two seperate occassions Dempster's managed to pitch them out of the postseason, well that sort of sticks in my craw.  I guess I'm funny that way.  Sorry.  I guess I just don't TOLERATE BULLSHIT as well as some of you  sheeple.  Moo.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #193 on: April 18, 2012, 01:21:53 PM »

Huey likes his guys to be CLUTCH.

and GRITTY.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2012, 01:25:31 PM »
In this Huey vs. Dempster issue I'm torn between my hatred of Canadians and my hatred of the Irish.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck