News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive  ( 102,070 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive
« Reply #570 on: August 30, 2010, 08:55:26 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 30, 2010, 08:50:02 AM
Quote from: Slaky on August 30, 2010, 08:42:39 AM
Quote from: PANK! on August 30, 2010, 08:13:37 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 29, 2010, 09:50:43 PM
I'm ready for this preseason to be over so I can start hating this team for real.

Then you might want to consider changing your tagline.

Sarcasm fail.

No.  I know what it is, and I don't think (at least I hope not) Pex is using it sarcastically. That comes from the fan in the NFL Video during the Super Bowl season on 1985.  Black dude, had some sweet seats at the old dump, and he was seriously bringing it.  Thing is, that clip is all feel-good, and I'm just letting Peck know I don't appreciate him dusting off that chestnut out if he's going to be hating on this year's team before the fucking Labor Day Holiday.  

Unless he wants to delete all of these wrist-slitting observations of his.  That'd be okay too.  

Alright Apex - you've been warned. You're not being a good Bears fan. HUEBITER OUT.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #571 on: August 30, 2010, 09:00:30 AM »
Is it ok if I keep my tagline with the caveat that it's a shoutout to the 1985 team during their 25th anniversary season? Please?

Considering most people on this messageboard had the Cubs written off in February, I don't see how three preseason games and several glaring holes in key places is too little evidence to start bringing the hate against a team that hasn't made the playoffs in over three years. I'll root harder than most of you for this team to succeed but until they do, I'm going to stay asshurt.

The thing that sickens me the most is that they could get a top-5 draft pick out of this season and it would probably be Angelo who gets to select it. The failure goes all the way up the ladder. Those stats about the Bears doing less with more than all but a handful of teams has really gotten me down. I don't really know what to do about it other than drink and bitch. I'm not going to quit watching because I love the game too much.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #572 on: August 30, 2010, 09:03:22 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 30, 2010, 09:00:30 AM
Is it ok if I keep my tagline with the caveat that it's a shoutout to the 1985 team during their 25th anniversary season? Please?

Considering most people on this messageboard had the Cubs written off in February, I don't see how three preseason games and several glaring holes in key places is too little evidence to start bringing the hate against a team that hasn't made the playoffs in over three years. I'll root harder for most of you for this team to succeed but until they do, I'm going to stay asshurt.

Go Hawks.

Those words.

I'm done giving this regime the benefit of the doubt. I hope like hell this team gives me something to splooge about but if the last few years are any indication they'll leave all of us with blue balls.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #573 on: August 30, 2010, 09:21:21 AM »

Considering most people on this messageboard had the Cubs written off in February, I don't see how three preseason games and several glaring holes in key places is too little evidence to start bringing the hate against a team that hasn't made the playoffs in over three years. I'll root harder than most of you for this team to succeed but until they do, I'm going to stay asshurt.

The thing that sickens me the most is that they could get a top-5 draft pick out of this season and it would probably be Angelo who gets to select it. The failure goes all the way up the ladder. Those stats about the Bears doing less with more than all but a handful of teams has really gotten me down. I don't really know what to do about it other than drink and bitch. I'm not going to quit watching because I love the game too much.

I'm one of the guys that was writing the Cubs off in preseason, I'll give you that.  And being proven right does nothing to lighten my mood, for what it's worth.

I guess we just look at these two teams/sports differently.  To me, the NFL seems more aberration-prone, so I feel comfortable drinking the kool-aid before Game 1.   I mean what choice do I have?  If they start out 1-3 or 0-4 then it'll be my wish that Lovie and Angelo be gone and besides fuck it--the Blackhaws will be back by then.  I'm just more inclined to give the Bears through September at least, I guess.  I cannot explain how much at-odds this notion is with how I view the Cubs....I just hate the Cubs so much more right now, which is really saying a lot, when you see the clown shoes that run the Bears.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #574 on: August 30, 2010, 09:28:54 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 30, 2010, 09:21:21 AM

I'm one of the guys that was writing the Cubs off in preseason, I'll give you that.  And being proven right does nothing to lighten my mood, for what it's worth.

I guess we just look at these two teams/sports differently.  To me, the NFL seems more aberration-prone, so I feel comfortable drinking the kool-aid before Game 1.   I mean what choice do I have?  If they start out 1-3 or 0-4 then it'll be my wish that Lovie and Angelo be gone and besides fuck it--the Blackhaws will be back by then.  I'm just more inclined to give the Bears through September at least, I guess.  I cannot explain how much at-odds this notion is with how I view the Cubs....I just hate the Cubs so much more right now, which is really saying a lot, when you see the clown shoes that run the Bears.

I agree with BOTH of you.  Because it's Monday, and I'm trying to be accommodating here.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #575 on: August 30, 2010, 09:31:09 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 30, 2010, 09:28:54 AM

I agree with BOTH of you.  Because it's Monday, and I'm trying to be accommodating here.

That explains a lot.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #576 on: August 30, 2010, 09:32:19 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 30, 2010, 09:31:09 AM
Quote from: Eli on August 30, 2010, 09:28:54 AM

That explains a lot.

Actually, it only confuses me more.  Eli is being accomdating now?  What a world.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #577 on: August 30, 2010, 09:42:04 AM »
I don't want to be this way. There are lots of players on the Bears that I really like and can't wait to watch. If they end up catching some breaks, staying healthy and making the playoffs I'm going splooge so hard I'll impregnate the entire universe with my Bear Downing seed. You're right, though I hate it, the NFL allows teams that do one thing exceptionally well (example: NY Jets) to make a serious run. Maybe the Bears have a thing like that, which has yet to develop. Maybe that thing involves Julius Peppers and Tommie Harris committing murders. I do think this team will be tough against the run, so there's that.

Why anybody would run against a team with windowlickers up and down the secondary's depth chart  is question for another day. Until that day comes it's ANGERANGERANGER and anticipation for the OCKSOCKEE and ForeskinFloorSlappin' seasons.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #578 on: August 30, 2010, 09:45:13 AM »

That is wrong. The Bears are the worst kind of bad. They are so bad that they win enough games to have a mediocre pick but miss out on the playoffs. They're caught in a cycle of mediocrity that doesn't seem to show any sign of breaking. Even worse, if they do manage to be that aberrational team this year and win the division or sneak into a Wild Card spot, they're going to lose to Minnesota or New Orleans or someone and these guys might get extensions.

There is no Santa Claus.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #579 on: August 30, 2010, 09:45:36 AM »
Quote from: CT III on August 30, 2010, 09:32:19 AM
Actually, it only confuses me more.  Eli is being accomdating now?  What a world.

Ah, CT.  You're behind the times (and that's OK, man).  I've mellowed from the disagreeable Eli of years past.  I just want everyone to get along.

Have a good morning!  I'll probably talk to you soon.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #580 on: August 30, 2010, 09:46:34 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 30, 2010, 09:45:13 AM

That is wrong. The Bears are the worst kind of bad. They are so bad that they win enough games to have a mediocre pick but miss out on the playoffs. They're caught in a cycle of mediocrity that doesn't seem to show any sign of breaking. Even worse, if they do manage to be that aberrational team this year and win the division or sneak into a Wild Card spot, they're going to lose to Minnesota or New Orleans or someone and these guys might get extensions.

There is no Santa Claus.

If Cutler gets hurt (and he's been sacked nine times in about 4 quarters of exhibition football) that dream of 6-9 wins goes right out the window and otno the inspection shelf.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #581 on: August 30, 2010, 09:52:40 AM »

There is no Santa Claus.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #582 on: August 30, 2010, 09:59:42 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 30, 2010, 09:46:34 AM

There is no Santa Claus.

If Cutler gets hurt (and he's been sacked nine times in about 4 quarters of exhibition football) that dream of 6-9 wins goes right out the window and otno the inspection shelf.

Yes - but he won't get hurt. We'll just keep thinking he's going to get hurt. Not sure which is worse.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #583 on: August 30, 2010, 10:03:38 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 30, 2010, 09:59:42 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 30, 2010, 09:46:34 AM

There is no Santa Claus.

Yes - but he won't get hurt. We'll just keep thinking he's going to get hurt. Not sure which is worse.

It's definitely worse if he gets hurt.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #584 on: August 30, 2010, 10:07:49 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 30, 2010, 09:45:36 AM
Quote from: CT III on August 30, 2010, 09:32:19 AM

Ah, CT.  You're behind the times (and that's OK, man).  I've mellowed from the disagreeable Eli of years past.  I just want everyone to get along.

Have a good morning!  I'll probably talk to you soon.

Hmm, it appears I've crossed over into some sort of evil, mirror universe.  Which means somewhere around here, is an evil, cleanshaven me with a working left eye.  I'll find him and kill him, and then that eye will be mine.  MINE!