News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The 2016 Cubs: SPLOOGE SPLOOGE SPLOOGE  ( 99,764 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The 2016 Cubs: SPLOOGE SPLOOGE SPLOOGE
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2016, 01:24:42 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 12, 2016, 03:41:10 PM
Fun with small sample size stats:

Cubs Batters             Cubs Pitchers (allowed)
Walks               38                                   9
OBP                  .372                                .247
OPS                  .802                                .605
AVG.                 .263                                .212

I know it's a small sample size, but I think what we're seeing here is a reflection of just how fucking relentless the Cubs' lineup is.  As an opposing pitcher, you're probably seeing a walk as one of the less awful things that can happen to you.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2016, 01:45:34 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 13, 2016, 01:24:42 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on April 12, 2016, 03:41:10 PM
Fun with small sample size stats:

Cubs Batters             Cubs Pitchers (allowed)
Walks               38                                   9
OBP                  .372                                .247
OPS                  .802                                .605
AVG.                 .263                                .212

I know it's a small sample size, but I think what we're seeing here is a reflection of just how fucking relentless the Cubs' lineup is.  As an opposing pitcher, you're probably seeing a walk as one of the less awful things that can happen to you.

Don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to the first three-run rally composed entirely of walks. Hey, it could happen.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2016, 08:56:36 AM »
I'd like to dedicate this inspirational article to my man SKO.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2016, 09:27:08 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 13, 2016, 08:56:36 AM

QuoteCHICAGO -- He's racing Go-Karts one night, and watching Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant play the next.

He's playing golf with stock car driver Michael Waltrip one morning, listening to country singer Brett Eldredge at night, and trying to learn to play the guitar in the spare time.

He wants to see Ground Zero in New York this summer. Check out the monuments in Washington D.C. Take a boat ride on Lake Michigan. And a tour of Alcatraz when he's in San Francisco.

It has been 15 years since he broke into the major leagues, and now that this is his final season, Chicago Cubs catcher David Ross wants to do everything he's missed over the years.

Isn't his impending retirement going to be a great chance to do all of those things?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2016, 09:44:02 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 13, 2016, 09:27:08 AM

QuoteCHICAGO -- He's racing Go-Karts one night, and watching Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant play the next.

He's playing golf with stock car driver Michael Waltrip one morning, listening to country singer Brett Eldredge at night, and trying to learn to play the guitar in the spare time.

He wants to see Ground Zero in New York this summer. Check out the monuments in Washington D.C. Take a boat ride on Lake Michigan. And a tour of Alcatraz when he's in San Francisco.

It has been 15 years since he broke into the major leagues, and now that this is his final season, Chicago Cubs catcher David Ross wants to do everything he's missed over the years.

Isn't his impending retirement going to be a great chance to do all of those things?

I suppose he'll have to put more time into working as a coach or manager than he needs to now.  Unless he takes a year off this is the most free time he'll have for a while.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2016, 09:59:23 AM »

Not on the travel budget of someone else.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2016, 10:06:29 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 13, 2016, 09:59:23 AM

It looks like he's made $20MM in his career.  I don't think that's a very big consideration for him.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2016, 11:24:22 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on April 13, 2016, 10:06:29 AM

It looks like he's made $20MM in his career.  I don't think that's a very big consideration for him.

He won't have the opportunity to do it as 'one of the guys'.  It seems he just want to have a last chance to do it, and his teammates seem to be enjoying the chance to hang out with the old guy.  So long as it doesn't become a R3SP3CT tour, sounds like the players are having fun.  I like fun.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2016, 11:26:04 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on April 13, 2016, 11:24:22 AM

He won't have the opportunity to do it as 'one of the guys'.  It seems he just want to have a last chance to do it, and his teammates seem to be enjoying the chance to hang out with the old guy.  So long as it doesn't become a R3SP3CT tour, sounds like the players are having fun.  I like fun.

But is it the right kind of fun, hawk? I need a ruling here.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: April 13, 2016, 12:36:31 PM »

Much more fun to spend other people's money to sight see than spending your own. And you don't have to drag the family along. He's touring the country as a rich 30 something with buddies and not paying for it. Get it in now.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: April 13, 2016, 01:24:03 PM »
Quote from: CT III on April 13, 2016, 11:26:04 AM

I think its a right kind of fun, and I thought you made the rulings
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: April 13, 2016, 01:42:49 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on April 13, 2016, 01:24:03 PM
Quote from: CT III on April 13, 2016, 11:26:04 AM

I think its a right kind of fun, and I thought you made the rulings

Only on irony. I'm not made of rulings.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: April 13, 2016, 04:50:44 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 13, 2016, 12:36:31 PM

Much more fun to spend other people's money to sight see than spending your own. And you don't have to drag the family along. He's touring the country as a rich 30 something with buddies and not paying for it. Get it in now.

More like the family has to drag me along.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2016, 05:00:06 PM »
John Baker broke up Timmy Lincecum's no-no a couple years back. David Ross broke up Anonymous Reds Pitcher's no-hitter this week. Clearly, if only opposing teams would no-hit the Cubs for more innings, our Cubes' slapdick backup catchers might generate more offense.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2016, 05:50:49 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on April 13, 2016, 05:00:06 PM
John Baker broke up Timmy Lincecum's no-no a couple years back. David Ross broke up Anonymous Reds Pitcher's no-hitter this week. Clearly, if only opposing teams would no-hit the Cubs for more innings, our Cubes' slapdick backup catchers might generate more offense.

Finnegan was a first round draft pick of the Royals in 2014. I don't think he's as anonymous some rando Reds pitcher who comes out of nowhere and tosses a gem against the Cubes. I think he's going to be good for a long time if he can keep eating the bottom of the strike zone with that change up. Not saying he's an all-star but he could be a lefty in the bigs for 15 years.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.