News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The 2016 Cubs: SPLOOGE SPLOOGE SPLOOGE  ( 100,004 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The 2016 Cubs: SPLOOGE SPLOOGE SPLOOGE
« Reply #300 on: May 11, 2016, 02:31:25 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on May 11, 2016, 02:27:54 PM
As Lou Brown once said, I think you can go get him now.

I find it really weird that Joe is slow with the hook on Pedro when last year he was so quick to yank Rondon at the first sign of trouble early in the year. Pedro usually broadcasts very loudly with the first hitter he faces whether he can control his slider or not. If he can't, it almost never works out.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #301 on: May 11, 2016, 02:34:38 PM »
The bullpen's making sure this streak ends with a bang. 2 outs, no one one and a little bitch has to bunt to get on and start the snowball rolling. Fuck that prick Jankowski. Hope he gets one in the earhole next at bat.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #302 on: May 11, 2016, 02:35:44 PM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on May 11, 2016, 02:34:38 PM
The bullpen's making sure this streak ends with a bang. 2 outs, no one one and a little bitch has to bunt to get on and start the snowball rolling. Fuck that prick Jankowski. Hope he gets one in the earhole next at bat.

#BFIB
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #303 on: May 11, 2016, 02:37:33 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 11, 2016, 02:35:44 PM

#BFIB

That's some epic level meatball.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #304 on: May 11, 2016, 02:38:22 PM »

#BFIB

Eh. Needs more encouragement to commit suicide and rampant homophobia to truly be BFIB material.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #305 on: May 11, 2016, 03:02:28 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on May 11, 2016, 02:38:22 PM

#BFIB

Eh. Needs more encouragement to commit suicide and rampant homophobia to truly be BFIB material.

sprinkling in some racism makes it gold level BFIB.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #306 on: May 11, 2016, 03:03:05 PM »
Nah, just pissed that the previous 2 innings the offense could've easily piled on and effectively ended this. Follow that with some little slapdick pussy deciding to be cute and bunting with no one on and 2 outs to start this shit. I hate bush league bs like that.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #307 on: May 11, 2016, 03:04:06 PM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on May 11, 2016, 03:03:05 PM
Nah, just pissed that the previous 2 innings the offense could've easily piled on and effectively ended this. Follow that with some little slapdick pussy deciding to be cute and bunting with no one on and 2 outs to start this shit. I hate bush league bs like that.

Yes, a bad hitter with speed getting on base about the only way he possibly can sure is some bullshit. Unsporting. Harumph.

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #308 on: May 11, 2016, 03:04:41 PM »
So you're saying I should've thrown in honkey for my auto-induction into the #BFIB? Damnit all to hell. Why don't I think of these things?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #309 on: May 11, 2016, 03:26:01 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 11, 2016, 03:04:06 PM

Yes, a bad hitter with speed getting on base about the only way he possibly can sure is some bullshit. Unsporting. Harumph.

Certainly no Cub would ever bunt for a hit.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #310 on: May 11, 2016, 03:29:12 PM »

How much did you hate all of those bush league intentional walks to Royce Harper?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #311 on: May 11, 2016, 03:29:50 PM »

Not sure why I'm bothering with this but here goes....

If you take a step back and look at it objectively, you'd realize it was a great play to bunt for a hit there.  If it was a Cub you'd probably run out of superlatives in praising the fellow.  When you're down runs you need baserunners, not some asshat squeezing the wood out of the bat by swinging for the fences because MANLY NOT PUSSY.  It was a smart play that eventually paid dividends.  No different than a dude drawing a walk to start a rally.  Get on base, that's all that counts and he did it.  

*ducks*
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #312 on: May 11, 2016, 03:49:56 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on May 11, 2016, 03:29:12 PM

How much did you hate all of those bush league intentional walks to Royce Harper?

I have no problem with intentional walks as it' a smart move most times. Never once when giant-headed Bonds was up in a situation like that was I angry. Taking the bat away from a quality hitter or even to get to a much less dangerous hitter is basically expected. I'm more pissed that Hendricks pitched a really good game and that the bullpen imploded after what should've been a harmless 2-out bunt. That and hat it was the shitty Padres...

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #313 on: May 11, 2016, 03:53:32 PM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on May 11, 2016, 03:49:56 PM

I have no problem with intentional walks as it' a smart move most times. Never once when giant-headed Bonds was up in a situation like that was I angry. Taking the bat away from a quality hitter or even to get to a much less dangerous hitter is basically expected. I'm more pissed that Hendricks pitched a really good game and that the bullpen imploded after what should've been a harmless 2-out bunt. That and hat it was the shitty Padres...

I'd rather the Cubs lose to a shitty team than the Cards or Pirates.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #314 on: May 11, 2016, 03:58:00 PM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on May 11, 2016, 03:49:56 PM

Ah, so you're saying the bullpen is bush league. Not the bunt. Ok. Carry on then.