News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The 2016 Cubs: SPLOOGE SPLOOGE SPLOOGE  ( 99,752 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The 2016 Cubs: SPLOOGE SPLOOGE SPLOOGE
« Reply #315 on: May 11, 2016, 07:43:21 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on May 11, 2016, 03:58:00 PM
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on May 11, 2016, 03:49:56 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on May 11, 2016, 03:29:12 PM
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on May 11, 2016, 03:03:05 PM
Nah, just pissed that the previous 2 innings the offense could've easily piled on and effectively ended this. Follow that with some little slapdick pussy deciding to be cute and bunting with no one on and 2 outs to start this shit. I hate bush league bs like that.

How much did you hate all of those bush league intentional walks to Royce Harper?

I have no problem with intentional walks as it' a smart move most times. Never once when giant-headed Bonds was up in a situation like that was I angry. Taking the bat away from a quality hitter or even to get to a much less dangerous hitter is basically expected. I'm more pissed that Hendricks pitched a really good game and that the bullpen imploded after what should've been a harmless 2-out bunt. That and hat it was the shitty Padres...

Ah, so you're saying the bullpen is bush league. Not the bunt. Ok. Carry on then.

Pedro Strop had a bad outing after a long period of bullpen dominance. Clearly, the season is ruined.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #316 on: May 11, 2016, 09:42:44 PM »
some little slapdick pussy

I wonder what LoneStarCubFan's up to these days.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #317 on: May 11, 2016, 10:21:32 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 11, 2016, 03:53:32 PM
Nah, just pissed that the previous 2 innings the offense could've easily piled on and effectively ended this. Follow that with some little slapdick pussy deciding to be cute and bunting with no one on and 2 outs to start this shit. I hate bush league bs like that.

How much did you hate all of those bush league intentional walks to Royce Harper?

I have no problem with intentional walks as it' a smart move most times. Never once when giant-headed Bonds was up in a situation like that was I angry. Taking the bat away from a quality hitter or even to get to a much less dangerous hitter is basically expected. I'm more pissed that Hendricks pitched a really good game and that the bullpen imploded after what should've been a harmless 2-out bunt. That and hat it was the shitty Padres...

I'd rather the Cubs lose to a shitty team than the Cards or Pirates.

I hadn't considered this but I agree 100% and suddenly feel better now.  Thanks, Slaky!
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #318 on: May 11, 2016, 11:31:31 PM »

This.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #319 on: May 12, 2016, 07:21:54 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 11, 2016, 10:21:32 PM

I hadn't considered this but I agree 100% and suddenly feel better now.  Thanks, Slaky!

I pretty much always feel this way. You lose to a shit team, well, baseball is weird sometimes. You lose to the methheads and you have to deal with their fans, and games against a team like Pittsburgh might actually matter.

I actually had a feeling they'd drop 2 of 3 to the Padres because they'd been unsustainably hot and it seems like the bad Padres teams never roll over and die for the Cubs like they are supposed to. Now they'll kick the shit out of Pittsburgh again and all will be right with the world.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #320 on: May 12, 2016, 08:21:03 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 12, 2016, 07:21:54 AM

I hadn't considered this but I agree 100% and suddenly feel better now.  Thanks, Slaky!

I pretty much always feel this way. You lose to a shit team, well, baseball is weird sometimes. You lose to the methheads and you have to deal with their fans, and games against a team like Pittsburgh might actually matter.

I actually had a feeling they'd drop 2 of 3 to the Padres because they'd been unsustainably hot and it seems like the bad Padres teams never roll over and die for the Cubs like they are supposed to. Now they'll kick the shit out of Pittsburgh again and all will be right with the world.

It's not even about the meth head fans for me, so much as that on a practical level, STL & PIT are the 2 teams realistically competing with the Cubs for the division.  Wipe the floor with those teams and I can handle losing to the dregs of the league every so often.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #321 on: May 12, 2016, 08:30:30 AM »
I don't know about you guys but I'd rather the Cubs drop a double header at home to a shitty team on the heels of an 8-game winning streak when they're 17 games over .500 and 7 games up in the division with over 120 games remaining than when that's not the case.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #322 on: May 12, 2016, 08:30:43 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 12, 2016, 08:21:03 AM

I hadn't considered this but I agree 100% and suddenly feel better now.  Thanks, Slaky!

It's not even about the meth head fans for me, so much as that on a practical level, STL & PIT are the 2 teams realistically competing with the Cubs for the division.  Wipe the floor with those teams and I can handle losing to the dregs of the league every so often.

I'm going to embrace my Fork-lineage for a minute and say St. Louis ain't competing for shit at this point. I want to beat them because beating them is fun, but they don't matter. Pittsburgh still has a fighting chance, but if they drop this series this weekend it's probably as close to over as it can get in May.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #323 on: May 12, 2016, 08:33:55 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 12, 2016, 08:30:43 AM

I'm going to embrace my Fork-lineage for a minute and say St. Louis ain't competing for shit at this point. I want to beat them because beating them is fun, but they don't matter. Pittsburgh still has a fighting chance, but if they drop this series this weekend it's probably as close to over as it can get in May.

None of this is completely true but it will feel like it to us, the fans. And that's big.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #324 on: May 12, 2016, 08:36:05 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 12, 2016, 08:30:43 AM

All the more reason to stomp them when they get a chance. 

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #325 on: May 12, 2016, 09:51:30 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 12, 2016, 08:30:30 AM
I don't know about you guys but I'd rather the Cubs drop a double header at home to a shitty team on the heels of an 8-game winning streak when they're 17 games over .500 and 7 games up in the division with over 120 games remaining than when that's not the case.

Yeah, losing a double header to 'plunge' to 25-8 in the standings elicits no more than a doommeh
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #326 on: May 12, 2016, 10:33:25 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on May 12, 2016, 09:51:30 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on May 12, 2016, 08:30:30 AM

Yeah, losing a double header to 'plunge' to 25-8 in the standings elicits no more than a doommeh

This is excellent
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #327 on: May 13, 2016, 07:27:27 AM »
Looking forward to today's game. If the Cubs lineup can be patient and wait out Liriano's bullshit and make him pay that'll be a nice sign of how much they've improved since last year.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #328 on: May 13, 2016, 07:55:21 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 13, 2016, 07:27:27 AM
Looking forward to today's game. If the Cubs lineup can be patient and wait out Liriano's bullshit and make him pay that'll be a nice sign of how much they've improved since last year.

as opposed to getting to 17 games over .500 about 3 months earlier than they did last year?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #329 on: May 13, 2016, 07:59:38 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on May 13, 2016, 07:55:21 AM
Quote from: SKO on May 13, 2016, 07:27:27 AM

as opposed to getting to 17 games over .500 about 3 months earlier than they did last year?

More "in addition to" than "opposed to", but thanks for your Time To Post reminder that the Cubs are really good and there's no need to really discuss anything in depth.