News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The 2016 Cubs: SPLOOGE SPLOOGE SPLOOGE  ( 99,753 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The 2016 Cubs: SPLOOGE SPLOOGE SPLOOGE
« Reply #900 on: August 15, 2016, 10:07:47 AM »
Quote from: Shooter on August 15, 2016, 10:06:32 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on August 15, 2016, 09:26:20 AM
Quote from: SKO on August 15, 2016, 08:59:30 AM
Quote from: Tony on August 15, 2016, 08:55:45 AM
Quote from: SKO on August 15, 2016, 07:32:28 AM
It would be nice at times like this if most of the local media was interested in doing anything other than stoking the fires. Rondon was pitching in his first game in 12 days, his velocity was fine, he had no command. Strop is out but expected to be back before season's end. Edwards had his first bad outing of the year. That these things all happened relatively close to each other is not A BULLPEN IN CRISIS DO SOMETHIN THEO!!!!!!!!

It's understandable when fans do it because we're fucking stupid but it only ever gets worse when guys like Jesse Rogers scream it even louder than the fans do

Remember when the bullpen was going to be the best ever a few days ago? Well now that they aren't perfect I guess it's time to start over with 7 new guys. It's the only logical thing to do.

I mean if the Cubs were the Cardinals, and were battling for a wildcard spot with a half game lead I could understand being majorly concerned that they have a shaky set up man situation, but unless there's any reason to believe Rondon/Strop won't be healthy and ready in October (and as far as I've heard, there's not) then fuck it, who cares. The difference between Edwards/Grimm/Rondon/Chapman for a month and Edwards/Strop/Rondon/Chapman is maybe 2-3 blown saves, at worst, so they might only win 101 games instead of 104. BFD.

Let swee if Jepstink swap out Smith for Papelbon.

Sarcasm font?

That or simply TIME TO POST.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #901 on: August 15, 2016, 10:48:31 AM »
It would be nice at times like this if most of the local media was interested in doing anything other than stoking the fires. Rondon was pitching in his first game in 12 days, his velocity was fine, he had no command. Strop is out but expected to be back before season's end. Edwards had his first bad outing of the year. That these things all happened relatively close to each other is not A BULLPEN IN CRISIS DO SOMETHIN THEO!!!!!!!!

It's understandable when fans do it because we're fucking stupid but it only ever gets worse when guys like Jesse Rogers scream it even louder than the fans do

Remember when the bullpen was going to be the best ever a few days ago? Well now that they aren't perfect I guess it's time to start over with 7 new guys. It's the only logical thing to do.

I mean if the Cubs were the Cardinals, and were battling for a wildcard spot with a half game lead I could understand being majorly concerned that they have a shaky set up man situation, but unless there's any reason to believe Rondon/Strop won't be healthy and ready in October (and as far as I've heard, there's not) then fuck it, who cares. The difference between Edwards/Grimm/Rondon/Chapman for a month and Edwards/Strop/Rondon/Chapman is maybe 2-3 blown saves, at worst, so they might only win 101 games instead of 104. BFD.

With Lackey and Chapman, they're already magnitudes less likable than last year's team, so sure. Might as well add another asshole.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #902 on: August 15, 2016, 11:03:14 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 15, 2016, 10:48:31 AM

With Lackey and Chapman, they're already magnitudes less likable than last year's team, so sure. Might as well add another asshole.

There's zero risk. Might as well see if he can pitch the 7th. Smith doesn't seem to be able to keep it in the park.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #903 on: August 15, 2016, 11:09:52 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on August 15, 2016, 11:03:14 AM

There's zero risk. Might as well see if he can pitch the 7th. Smith doesn't seem to be able to keep it in the park.

Kris Bryant likes his neck the way it is, thank you
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #904 on: August 15, 2016, 12:15:42 PM »

There's always some risk. Even if it's just the opportunity cost in not being able to give other guys (like Edwards) as much of an audition.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #905 on: August 15, 2016, 12:19:48 PM »
Quote from: Eli on August 15, 2016, 12:15:42 PM

There's always some risk. Even if it's just the opportunity cost in not being able to give other guys (like Edwards) as much of an audition.

Papelbon's done, there's literally no point in giving him a whirl, and that's not even getting into his asshattery, which wouldn't help either.  Didn't we just see this movie starring Joe Nathan anyway?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #906 on: August 15, 2016, 12:26:47 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 15, 2016, 12:19:48 PM

Papelbon's done, there's literally no point in giving him a whirl, and that's not even getting into his asshattery, which wouldn't help either.  Didn't we just see this movie starring Joe Nathan anyway?

It's also why they have scouts. They should pretty much know if he's done at this point and can help him. Him pitching in a Cubs uniform for a few weeks won't give them any additional relevant information.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #907 on: August 15, 2016, 12:34:26 PM »
Quote from: Eli on August 15, 2016, 12:26:47 PM
Quote from: PANK! on August 15, 2016, 12:19:48 PM

I'd like to agree with you but didn't those same scouts say yes to Soriano/Peralta

It's also why they have scouts. They should pretty much know if he's done at this point and can help him. Him pitching in a Cubs uniform for a few weeks won't give them any additional relevant information.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #908 on: August 15, 2016, 12:37:14 PM »
FORKQUOTE

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #909 on: August 15, 2016, 01:17:13 PM »

I love the idea of signing a pitcher who threw a hissy fit and asked to be released because he wasn't the closer anymore (I assume this is why) to pitch in a bullpen where he would be the 5th best reliever, if that.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #910 on: August 15, 2016, 01:27:19 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on August 15, 2016, 01:17:13 PM

I love the idea of signing a pitcher who threw a hissy fit and asked to be released because he wasn't the closer anymore (I assume this is why) to pitch in a bullpen where he would be the 5th best reliever, if that.

They could sign him and then put him on a special assignment in New Jersey pitching BP to Tommy La Stella every day.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #911 on: August 15, 2016, 02:48:13 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 15, 2016, 01:27:19 PM
Quote from: Oleg on August 15, 2016, 01:17:13 PM

They could sign him and then put him on a special assignment in New Jersey pitching BP to Tommy La Stella every day.

This is the solution right here.

Someone needs to shag those fly balls though. Carlos Gomez?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #912 on: August 15, 2016, 04:15:37 PM »
I would like to think that Smith will work out his issues, and I'm not just saying that because he's close friends with a close friend. I think the Cubs have enough room in the standings to give their guys the chance to work it out.
M'lady.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #913 on: August 15, 2016, 06:35:41 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on August 15, 2016, 04:15:37 PM
I would like to think that Smith will work out his issues, and I'm not just saying that because he's close friends with a close friend. I think the Cubs have enough room in the standings to give their guys the chance to work it out.

But you didn't hesitate to mention it.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #914 on: August 15, 2016, 07:17:11 PM »
Quote from: flannj on August 15, 2016, 06:35:41 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on August 15, 2016, 04:15:37 PM

But you didn't hesitate to mention it.

He got lost on his way to the humblebrag thread. Honest mistake, as my friend's brother's friend's ex-wife's uncle, who met Ron Coomer at a gas station once, always says.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?