News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2015 Cubs Offseason: Building a Winner Around David Ross  ( 99,683 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2015 Cubs Offseason: Building a Winner Around David Ross
« Reply #555 on: December 04, 2015, 03:35:08 PM »
According to the Ginger Hair and Ginger Skin, the Cubs are going to give Javier Baez a look in centerfield.

Are we going to be discussing BMI again?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #556 on: December 04, 2015, 03:43:56 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 04, 2015, 03:35:08 PM
According to the Ginger Hair and Ginger Skin, the Cubs are going to give Javier Baez a look in centerfield.

Are we going to be discussing BMI again?

Since he's being mentored by Doug Dascenzo, that means added bullpen depth as well.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #557 on: December 04, 2015, 03:44:36 PM »
So, with the report that Javy is going to learn CF in Puerto Rico this winter, if they make no significant moves on offense, how do you do the lineup? Now you no longer have a guy that seems prototypical for the leadoff.

By OBP:
Rizzo, .387
Bryant, .369
Schwarber, .355
Montero, .345
Coghlan, .341 (but he doesn't fit in the fake everyday lineup)
Soler, .324 (aside from the fact that he's basically traded already)

EDIT: Fuck you, PankFACE

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #558 on: December 04, 2015, 04:06:03 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 04, 2015, 03:44:36 PM
So, with the report that Javy is going to learn CF in Puerto Rico this winter, if they make no significant moves on offense, how do you do the lineup? Now you no longer have a guy that seems prototypical for the leadoff.

By OBP:
Rizzo, .387
Bryant, .369
Schwarber, .355
Montero, .345
Coghlan, .341 (but he doesn't fit in the fake everyday lineup)
Soler, .324 (aside from the fact that he's basically traded already)

EDIT: Fuck you, PankFACE

What do the nerds say about hitting the power guys 3rd, 4th, or 5th? Is that a thing still? Or do you just put the best hitters at the top? What I'm saying is hit Bryant first so he gets the most plate appearances.

Or just put Russell 1st because only middle infielders or centerfielders hit leadoff.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #559 on: December 04, 2015, 04:41:42 PM »
John Lackey. A Cub.

Liking the two-year deal. If all the other guys who were on the Cubs' radar as prospective #3s sign elsewhere for over 20, like can become love.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #560 on: December 04, 2015, 04:48:55 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on December 04, 2015, 04:41:42 PM
John Lackey. A Cub.

Liking the two-year deal. If all the other guys who were on the Cubs' radar as prospective #3s sign elsewhere for over 20, like can become love.

Edmonds managed to make me not hate his stupid face so much. But I really fucking hate Lackey. It's going to take a lot to budge the needle. (||)

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #561 on: December 04, 2015, 05:02:10 PM »
John Lackey. A Cub.

So the Cubs are going to pay him $15.5 million more than the Cards did for two seasons that are likely to be at least marginally worse than last year's?  Awesome.

I don't mind the deal given what's out there and, more importantly, what's on the roster.  But it's still tough to accept that the cupboard is so bare of SP that there aren't some viable options within the organization, given that the Cardinals only seem to ever call up guys who pitch at or above their pedigree and will likely replace him with someone who is better and probably about 15 years younger.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #562 on: December 04, 2015, 05:09:26 PM »
I guess the silver lining here is that burning a 1st round pick on Lackey indicates the Cubs are going to sign at least one other qualifying offer dude. In other words, if you know you're going to give up a 1st and 2nd round pick, it doesn't matter what order you do it in. Right? RIGHT?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #563 on: December 04, 2015, 05:42:53 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on December 04, 2015, 05:02:10 PM
John Lackey. A Cub.

So the Cubs are going to pay him $15.5 million more than the Cards did for two seasons that are likely to be at least marginally worse than last year's?  Awesome.

I don't mind the deal given what's out there and, more importantly, what's on the roster.  But it's still tough to accept that the cupboard is so bare of SP that there aren't some viable options within the organization, given that the Cardinals only seem to ever call up guys who pitch at or above their pedigree and will likely replace him with someone who is better and probably about 15 years younger.

They should have totally taken Mark Appel instead of Kris Bryant.  Thanks a lot, Epstink.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #564 on: December 04, 2015, 05:53:31 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on December 04, 2015, 04:48:55 PM
John Lackey. A Cub.

Edmonds managed to make me not hate his stupid face so much. But I really fucking hate Lackey. It's going to take a lot to budge the needle. (||)

Grinds teeth... Ehhh, who am I kidding... fuck I don't know how to feel.

2 years and just win baby? Yeah that'll probably work but I still feel like I need a shower.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #565 on: December 04, 2015, 06:14:47 PM »
I'm kind of supportive of this signing, except for where I'm not. Lackey brings a post season presence to a rotation that needs one, aside from the fact that he's pretty old and his past success is not indicative of any future victories in October. But he brings a solid arm to the rotation and probably will throw around 200 innings, assuming he doesn't get hurt. So I guess this signing is ok, unless he's the only pitcher the Cubs acquire this winter.

(for the record, I intentionally tried to make this as KrutEavns a post as possible, short of adding an image of Lackey wearing a tophat or while bursting from a pile of leaves in some bizarre lobster outfit)
M'lady.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #566 on: December 04, 2015, 10:05:56 PM »
$206.5 M for six years of creepy, weird Zack Greinke. /sour grapes.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #567 on: December 04, 2015, 10:46:02 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on December 04, 2015, 04:48:55 PM
John Lackey. A Cub.

Just one pennant.
TIME TO POST!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #568 on: December 05, 2015, 04:09:39 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on December 04, 2015, 06:14:47 PM
I'm kind of supportive of this signing, except for where I'm not. Lackey brings a post season presence to a rotation that needs one, aside from the fact that he's pretty old and his past success is not indicative of any future victories in October. But he brings a solid arm to the rotation and probably will throw around 200 innings, assuming he doesn't get hurt. So I guess this signing is ok, unless he's the only pitcher the Cubs acquire this winter.

(for the record, I intentionally tried to make this as KrutEavns a post as possible, short of adding an image of Lackey wearing a tophat or while bursting from a pile of leaves in some bizarre lobster outfit)

THE CUBS PITCHERS ALL HAVE POST SEASON PITCHING EXPERIENCE!!!!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #569 on: December 05, 2015, 04:48:09 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on December 04, 2015, 10:05:56 PM
$206.5 M for six years of creepy, weird Zack Greinke. /sour grapes.

Arizona offered him the deepest, most spacious bunker to hide bodies in of any team.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck