News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Single Greatest Thread Ever  ( 525,469 )

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Single Greatest Thread Ever
« Reply #2580 on: October 08, 2015, 01:57:46 PM »
Pittsburgh.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2581 on: October 08, 2015, 01:57:54 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 08, 2015, 11:00:39 AM
Quote from: Slaky on October 08, 2015, 10:43:19 AM
Hockeenight

I don't really care about this, and I'm not as familiar with the ins and outs of the case as you all undoubtedly are.  All I'll say is that it's my understanding that Patrick Kane has yet to be charged with a crime, and it's by no means certain that he will be.  If I had been accused of, but not charged with, a crime and my employer took it upon themselves to impose any kind of sanction upon me whatsoever, I'd have those fuckers in court before they knew what had hit them.

Kane's presence on the teams makes me, at best, uneasy, but I've also found myself recoiling at the religious-like zeal that some people with whom I generally agree and whose Twitter feed I've enjoyed seem to have comported themselves throughout this ordeal which also made me uneasy.  It makes it really hard to assess the situation because it's a proven fucked up case that is definitely not black and white.  And then there's the cynic in me which tells me you guys have produced a shit-ton of content that had to feel like a job after a while and this gives you an easy way to explain away the fact that you just don't want to fucking do it anymore, and that's fine--it's been an impressive run and I tip my cat to you.  

And the ShoutBox died a slow death over the course of the last 3 months anyway so...thanks for the memories?

Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2582 on: October 08, 2015, 01:59:44 PM »

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2583 on: October 08, 2015, 02:27:51 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 08, 2015, 01:57:54 PM
it's been an impressive run and I tip my cat to you.

I've been debating for the last few minutes whether it would be funnier if this was intentional or unintentional. At first I pictured you tipping your cat over and a bunch of potato skins spilling out, but then I realized that was unrealistic as you would never waste the most nourishing part of the tater like that.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2584 on: October 08, 2015, 02:49:24 PM »
Hockeenight

I don't really care about this, and I'm not as familiar with the ins and outs of the case as you all undoubtedly are.  All I'll say is that it's my understanding that Patrick Kane has yet to be charged with a crime, and it's by no means certain that he will be.  If I had been accused of, but not charged with, a crime and my employer took it upon themselves to impose any kind of sanction upon me whatsoever, I'd have those fuckers in court before they knew what had hit them.

Kane's presence on the teams makes me, at best, uneasy, but I've also found myself recoiling at the religious-like zeal that some people with whom I generally agree and whose Twitter feed I've enjoyed seem to have comported themselves throughout this ordeal which also made me uneasy.  It makes it really hard to assess the situation because it's a proven fucked up case that is definitely not black and white.  And then there's the cynic in me which tells me you guys have produced a shit-ton of content that had to feel like a job after a while and this gives you an easy way to explain away the fact that you just don't want to fucking do it anymore, and that's fine--it's been an impressive run and I tip my cat to you.  

And the ShoutBox died a slow death over the course of the last 3 months anyway so...thanks for the memories?

Are you fucking serious?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2585 on: October 08, 2015, 02:51:02 PM »
Quote from: R-V on October 08, 2015, 02:27:51 PM

I've been debating for the last few minutes whether it would be funnier if this was intentional or unintentional. At first I pictured you tipping your cat over and a bunch of potato skins spilling out, but then I realized that was unrealistic as you would never waste the most nourishing part of the tater like that.

Huey's had an amazing week. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2586 on: October 08, 2015, 02:53:13 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 08, 2015, 02:49:24 PM
Hockeenight

Are you fucking serious?

I really do not understand what is so hard to grasp about "we are uncomfortable making jokes about a team that may be employing and marketing a rapist" that people can't accept it at face value.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2587 on: October 08, 2015, 03:05:18 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 08, 2015, 02:53:13 PM
Quote from: CT III on October 08, 2015, 02:49:24 PM
Hockeenight

Are you fucking serious?

I really do not understand what is so hard to grasp about "we are uncomfortable making jokes about a team that may be employing and marketing a rapist" that people can't accept it at face value.

With the related point that "whether he's guilty or not, the Blackhawks made it crystal clear it didn't matter as long as he was good a hockey."
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2588 on: October 08, 2015, 03:56:26 PM »

I've been laughing at "tip my cat" for a good 10 minutes.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2589 on: October 08, 2015, 07:56:02 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 08, 2015, 11:11:48 AM
Hockeenight

I don't really care about this, and I'm not as familiar with the ins and outs of the case as you all undoubtedly are.  All I'll say is that it's my understanding that Patrick Kane has yet to be charged with a crime, and it's by no means certain that he will be.  If I had been accused of, but not charged with, a crime and my employer took it upon themselves to impose any kind of sanction upon me whatsoever, I'd have those fuckers in court before they knew what had hit them.

What if your employer put you on paid leave and you made millions off of them while they decided to wait out the results of the pending legal investigation? They've not deprived you of your livelihood, they've merely done what they can to protect the company's image. This is what the Panthers did with Greg Hardy last year.

But really in the end the guy ranting in the comments about INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY AND BITCHES TRYIN TO FALSELY ACCUSE GUYS OF RAPE ARE THE REAL RACISTS or whatever the usual trash is are missing the point that that it's simply a matter of not feeling comfortable cracking jokes and making fun of other players and fanbases while the 800 lb elephant of whatever Kane did is unresolved, not determining Kane's guilt.

Hardy was placed on the commissioner's exempt list, not suspended by the Panthers.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2590 on: October 08, 2015, 08:08:41 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 08, 2015, 03:56:26 PM

The "t" and the "p" are five keys away from one another.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2591 on: October 08, 2015, 09:40:04 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 08, 2015, 11:11:48 AM
Hockeenight

What if your employer put you on paid leave and you made millions off of them while they decided to wait out the results of the pending legal investigation? They've not deprived you of your livelihood, they've merely done what they can to protect the company's image. This is what the Panthers did with Greg Hardy last year.

But really in the end the guy ranting in the comments about INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY AND BITCHES TRYIN TO FALSELY ACCUSE GUYS OF RAPE ARE THE REAL RACISTS or whatever the usual trash is are missing the point that that it's simply a matter of not feeling comfortable cracking jokes and making fun of other players and fanbases while the 800 lb elephant of whatever Kane did is unresolved, not determining Kane's guilt.

What's happened is that virtually every Kane defender has completely forgotten the other two instances of drunken/violent behavior by Kane prior to this (alleged) one.

This is also where it's easy to note all three incidents have occurred outside Chicago, where the Wirtz/Blackhawks cleanup people were unable to make it go away quickly/quietly...like they did when the Captain damn near Josh Hancocked himself n Lake St.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2592 on: October 08, 2015, 10:48:48 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 08, 2015, 08:08:41 PM
Quote from: Slaky on October 08, 2015, 03:56:26 PM

The "t" and the "p" are five keys away from one another.
Bite my budgie
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2593 on: October 08, 2015, 10:49:22 PM »
Hockeenight

The half-written "View From The Top" entries I shitcanned when this all went down suggest otherwise.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2594 on: October 09, 2015, 06:07:44 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on October 08, 2015, 10:49:22 PM
Hockeenight

The half-written "View From The Top" entries I shitcanned when this all went down suggest otherwise.

Thanks a lot, McDonough

Okay I can see that I was being extra dickish with my hot taek yesterday and I apologi.  The whole thing saddens and frustrates me from every angle, and I'll just leave it at that.  I am Kelly Dwyer-disapproved sincere about what I wrote about the quantity, though.  I even tipped my cat, Spuds, in your honor.  As you and CT know, I wrote about the Cubs quasi-consistently for 6 years  and, looking back, I  don't know how I had the time to do that.  That's more for CT who has 14 daughters of course. So cheers to both of you assholes. Sincerely.  And thanks for the ShoutBox.