News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Peter King's MMQB  ( 67,147 )

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Peter King's MMQB
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2007, 03:19:51 PM »
Quote from: Fork_The_Third on April 30, 2007, 03:07:31 PM

There are people smarter and thinner than Peter King who go bobbing for french fries.

he's still fat'd

"Ad hominem attacks, and childish ones at that, do not an argument make."----- IT

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2007, 03:21:19 PM »
Come on, Dr. Z was right on about the Bears lousy 2006 draft.  Who did they get that was worth a damn?

They traded their first round pick and got some girl defensive back named Danielle Manning.  They drafted a defensive back who can't cover anybody named Devin Hester and it's not like he could do anything else.  Then, in the fifth round they drafted a piece of crap defensive end named Mark Anderson who can't play the run.  It's not like those three guys can play any role in getting to a Super Bowl or anything.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2007, 03:55:21 PM »
When Dr. Z says the Bears are the worst team in the NFL, it means they're going to the playoffs. When he says they're going to the playoffs but they'll get pantsed by the Panthers, it means they're going to teh Super Bowl and teh Panthers are gonna go fuck themselves with a splintered yard stick. When he says their draft is a bust it means some records are gonna tumble. When he says they didn't fill any needs it means Greg Olsen is Todd Heap. If he ever picks them to win the Super Bowl, then al Qaeda is finished.
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

JS

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2007, 12:20:04 PM »
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/05/01/nfldraft0507/index.html

Quote"Remember what I told you when you visited here, that you wouldn't get past the Number 2 pick?" Millen asked Johnson.

"I remember," Johnson, at the draft in New York City's Radio City Music Hall, replied.

"Well, you're not getting past the Number 2 pick. Congratulations. You're a Lion."

I got a good laugh from this line.

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2007, 12:46:04 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on April 30, 2007, 03:55:21 PM
When Dr. Z says the Bears are the worst team in the NFL, it means they're going to the playoffs. When he says they're going to the playoffs but they'll get pantsed by the Panthers, it means they're going to teh Super Bowl and teh Panthers are gonna go f@#$ themselves with a splintered yard stick. When he says their draft is a bust it means some records are gonna tumble. When he says they didn't fill any needs it means Greg Olsen is Todd Heap. If he ever picks them to win the Super Bowl, then al Qaeda is finished.

Actually, Olsen is Jay Novacek. Good downfield TE who can't block.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2007, 12:53:55 PM »
Quote from: Fork_The_Third on May 01, 2007, 12:46:04 PM
When Dr. Z says the Bears are the worst team in the NFL, it means they're going to the playoffs. When he says they're going to the playoffs but they'll get pantsed by the Panthers, it means they're going to teh Super Bowl and teh Panthers are gonna go f@#$ themselves with a splintered yard stick. When he says their draft is a bust it means some records are gonna tumble. When he says they didn't fill any needs it means Greg Olsen is Todd Heap. If he ever picks them to win the Super Bowl, then al Qaeda is finished.

I can live with that.
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

The Ghost of Desipio Past

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2007, 12:57:26 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on May 01, 2007, 12:53:55 PM

I can live with that.

Does that mean Rex is Troy Aikman?

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2007, 01:13:32 PM »
Quote from: The Ghost of Josh Hancock on May 01, 2007, 12:57:26 PM

I can live with that.

that's the problem. He ain't.

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2007, 01:31:54 PM »
Quote from: Fork_The_Third on May 01, 2007, 01:13:32 PM

Meaning he's straight?
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2007, 01:46:25 PM »
Quote from: The Ghost of Josh Hancock on May 01, 2007, 12:57:26 PM

I can live with that.

He's not so concussed that he defends Michael Irvin?  Or needs depends?

That's good, right?
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2007, 01:52:44 PM »
Quote from: Down In Front on May 01, 2007, 01:31:54 PM

Meaning he's straight?

At the very least, I'm hoping Rex takes someone other than his mom to Disney World if the Bears win the Super Bowl.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2007, 02:01:33 PM »
Quote from: Fork_The_Third on May 01, 2007, 01:52:44 PM
Quote from: Down In Front on May 01, 2007, 01:31:54 PM

Meaning he's straight?

At the very least, I'm hoping Rex takes someone other than his mom to Disney World if the Bears win the Super Bowl.

I imagine he'd probably take his wife:

The Ghost of Desipio Past

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2007, 02:14:32 PM »
I'd like to take his wife.

And much like his game, Rex has out thrown his coverage.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2007, 03:05:51 PM »
Quote from: The Ghost of Josh Hancock on May 01, 2007, 02:14:32 PM

Does that metaphor apply to millionaires? I mean, she's just a random hot blonde chick after all.

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2007, 03:07:39 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on May 01, 2007, 03:05:51 PM
Quote from: The Ghost of Josh Hancock on May 01, 2007, 02:14:32 PM

Does that metaphor apply to millionaires. I mean, she's just a random hot blonde chick after all.

Speaking as one who has out-thrown his coverage, I rule against millionaires. anyone can get hot chicks if they've got a few bucks. Look at Trump.