News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,276 )

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #690 on: September 17, 2008, 04:32:05 PM »
Quote from: The Uncouth Sloth on September 17, 2008, 04:12:23 PM
Quote from: MidgetSellingWater on September 17, 2008, 03:43:18 PM

Yesterday, I was cleaning out some shit from my storage area and uncovered two, mint condition Cubs little league jerseys

I too was on the "Cubs" in my hometown for Little League.  However, for whatever reason, our color was green.

According to the braintrust in Black Lung, IL:

Cubs = Green
Sox = Powder blue
Yankees = Dark blue
Giants = Yellow
Tigers = Orange
Dodgers = Red

No wonder we all sucked.

You guys had a hurricane blow through your town and were worried about your families all the time?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #691 on: September 18, 2008, 02:24:18 PM »
I have no idea if anyone here can help with this sort of thing, but I'm going to ask anyway.

I'm working to get Google Analytics installed on my work's website, via the content-management system.  The CMS is really basic, meaning it sucks.  Basically, it's a WYSIWYG, and I have no access to the back-end code (our site is part of a much larger network and they don't want people to screw anything up).  I was able to get the Analytics code put our home page because it has a few more advanced features.

However, on any other page, there is only a section to edit the text in the body of the page.  While I can access the HTML of that lone section, when I paste in the Analytics code at the bottom and save, the CMS strips out the javascript code.  So that means I'm not tracking a single second-tier page on website, which makes Analytics pretty useless.

In a simple WYSIWYG editor like this, does anyone know of a way to force/trick the editor to take the javascript code?

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #692 on: September 18, 2008, 03:43:05 PM »
Quote from: Eli on September 18, 2008, 02:24:18 PM
I have no idea if anyone here can help with this sort of thing, but I'm going to ask anyway.

I'm working to get Google Analytics installed on my work's website, via the content-management system.  The CMS is really basic, meaning it sucks.  Basically, it's a WYSIWYG, and I have no access to the back-end code (our site is part of a much larger network and they don't want people to screw anything up).  I was able to get the Analytics code put our home page because it has a few more advanced features.

However, on any other page, there is only a section to edit the text in the body of the page.  While I can access the HTML of that lone section, when I paste in the Analytics code at the bottom and save, the CMS strips out the javascript code.  So that means I'm not tracking a single second-tier page on website, which makes Analytics pretty useless.

In a simple WYSIWYG editor like this, does anyone know of a way to force/trick the editor to take the javascript code?

The only site you'll ever need, Eli?

I guess we'll see.

As to your actual question... Try looking into XSS exploits. Maybe.

It could be as simple as hiding the script in an image tag.

More here.

This is all just the result of googling. Not sure if any of it will help.
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #693 on: September 18, 2008, 03:45:59 PM »
Quote from: Thrillho on September 18, 2008, 03:43:05 PM
Quote from: Eli on September 18, 2008, 02:24:18 PM

The only site you'll ever need, Eli?

I guess we'll see.

As to your actual question... Try looking into XSS exploits. Maybe.

It could be as simple as hiding the script in an image tag.

More here.

This is all just the result of googling. Not sure if any of it will help.

Oh, how ...

Thanks -- I'll try the image tag and see if that hides the code effectively.  Seems like it should work, but then again, it seems like a Web system should allow someone to use javascript.

Thanks for the tip.

J Rod

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #694 on: September 19, 2008, 09:00:11 AM »
How does one go about making a copy of a key for your apartment building that is labeled "Do Not Duplicate".

You can't just go to Home Depot and "get'er done", can you?

DPappy

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #695 on: September 19, 2008, 09:05:28 AM »
Quote from: J Rod on September 19, 2008, 09:00:11 AM
How does one go about making a copy of a key for your apartment building that is labeled "Do Not Duplicate".

I've done just that at Wal-Mart several times and had success.  They never even blinked.
It may be retarded but McCain's No 2 would still choose life for it. Because she's compassionate like that.  ~Apex

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #696 on: September 19, 2008, 09:22:26 AM »
Quote from: DPappy on September 19, 2008, 09:05:28 AM

I've done just that at Wal-Mart several times and had success.  They never even blinked.

Yeah. Go anywhere where the "locksmith" is just a guy running a key machine. Wal-Mart, Home Depot, etc. Unless the key blank is one of the particularly difficult ones, it should work fine.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #697 on: September 19, 2008, 10:16:36 AM »
Quote from: DPappy on September 19, 2008, 09:05:28 AM

I always thought "Do Not Duplicate" was enforceable under penalty of law.</Costanza>

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #698 on: September 19, 2008, 10:21:36 AM »

Yeah, when I worked at HD, I'd cut any key people gave me, if only to get the fuck away from the key machine quickly.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Whistler

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #699 on: September 22, 2008, 08:11:15 AM »
Desipiots,

Can someone tell me why my posts have an icon on the lower right (looks like a pencil and a sheet of paper)?  I don't see it anywhere else, so I assume there is a setting in my profile that gets rid of it?

Thanks!
Sounds like a winner to me.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #700 on: September 22, 2008, 08:21:55 AM »
Quote from: Whistler on September 22, 2008, 08:11:15 AM
Desipiots,

Can someone tell me why my posts have an icon on the lower right (looks like a pencil and a sheet of paper)?  I don't see it anywhere else, so I assume there is a setting in my profile that gets rid of it?

Thanks!

It's an icon for editing your post, which is why you only see it on your posts. I have no idea if profile settings can get rid of it.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Whistler

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #701 on: September 22, 2008, 08:28:49 AM »
Quote from: Fork on September 22, 2008, 08:21:55 AM
Quote from: Whistler on September 22, 2008, 08:11:15 AM
Desipiots,

Thanks!

It's an icon for editing your post, which is why you only see it on your posts. I have no idea if profile settings can get rid of it.
That's cool.  I just felt embarrassed with my pencil hanging out where I thought you guys could see it.
Sounds like a winner to me.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #702 on: September 23, 2008, 11:00:59 PM »
Since this is the only site I'll ever need, I need some input from you married/experienced gentlemen. I've been dating a girl now for over a year. I like her but the verdict's out on what I expect from this relationship. I know that if something I felt was better came along I'd probably be there. In all actuality, I've been talking with a 29 year old in a class of mine (I don't know if that's the best route to take since I'm only 22 about to be 23). Don't know if anything can/will happen but oh well. So I'm not sure what to do with my current girlfriend. I wonder if it's almost a complete asshole move to stay with her while wondering if I can do better. I know if something did come along I would make sure her and I were no longer together before I did anything. So I guess the main thing I'm wondering is if I'm stringing her along?

Yes. This was kind of a queer post but oh well. I just think of the name of this thread.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #703 on: September 23, 2008, 11:06:54 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on September 23, 2008, 11:00:59 PM
Since this is the only site I'll ever need, I need some input from you married/experienced gentlemen. I've been dating a girl now for over a year. I like her but the verdict's out on what I expect from this relationship. I know that if something I felt was better came along I'd probably be there. In all actuality, I've been talking with a 29 year old in a class of mine (I don't know if that's the best route to take since I'm only 22 about to be 23). Don't know if anything can/will happen but oh well. So I'm not sure what to do with my current girlfriend. I wonder if it's almost a complete asshole move to stay with her while wondering if I can do better. I know if something did come along I would make sure her and I were no longer together before I did anything. So I guess the main thing I'm wondering is if I'm stringing her along?

Yes. This was kind of a queer post but oh well. I just think of the name of this thread.

Isn't that what all relationships are?  You are with somebody until something better comes along.  Then you get lucky like these fat schlubs on here and get a chick that they know they can't do better with, then you hold onto her like grim death.  Which isn't too far away either fellas.  Eat a salad.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #704 on: September 23, 2008, 11:09:11 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on September 23, 2008, 11:00:59 PM

Don't you have pills for that?

Seriousy, I don't know what you're asking us, but I'll take a retarded, irresponsible stab at it.  At your age, and considering your restlessness, I'm thnking your current one isn't the one.  Since you're young, I say you might as well dump her and take a spin with the older gal.  But if it backfires, you ddn't hear this advice from me.
FIRE EVERYBODY!