News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The only site I'll ever need...  ( 635,550 )

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: The only site I'll ever need...
« Reply #1995 on: July 13, 2010, 11:53:56 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 13, 2010, 10:59:17 AM
Quote from: BH on July 13, 2010, 10:48:46 AM
Anyone here use roku or another internet media device? Now that hulu plus is out, seems like the need for comcast may diminish in a few years, outside of internet access.

My blu ray does Netflix on Demand.  It's awesome, even doing a fair number of films in HD via Wi Fi.  Comcast on demand is still good for current stuff like TV series episodes missed.  Hulu would do that as well, I guess.

Semi-related, we just moved to South Jersey and yesterday I had Verizon Fios internet and tv hooked up.  The net speed and performance so far has been outstanding.  The HD package is a little lacking in actual HD content I give a shit about.  Basically I'm whining that they don't carry G4 and Cartoon Network in HD (and a couple other channels).

So a friend and I were discussing the idea of getting a couple HD sling boxes so he could get channels I have and vice versa.  Not all that sure on how exactly we'd get it all working or if the channel changing would be possible or what.  Anyone have experience with the sling boxes?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1996 on: July 13, 2010, 02:53:16 PM »
Quote from: Poon on July 13, 2010, 11:53:56 AM
Anyone here use roku or another internet media device? Now that hulu plus is out, seems like the need for comcast may diminish in a few years, outside of internet access.

My blu ray does Netflix on Demand.  It's awesome, even doing a fair number of films in HD via Wi Fi.  Comcast on demand is still good for current stuff like TV series episodes missed.  Hulu would do that as well, I guess.

Semi-related, we just moved to South Jersey and yesterday I had Verizon Fios internet and tv hooked up.  The net speed and performance so far has been outstanding.  The HD package is a little lacking in actual HD content I give a shit about.  Basically I'm whining that they don't carry G4 and Cartoon Network in HD (and a couple other channels).

So a friend and I were discussing the idea of getting a couple HD sling boxes so he could get channels I have and vice versa.  Not all that sure on how exactly we'd get it all working or if the channel changing would be possible or what.  Anyone have experience with the sling boxes?

Detroit to South Jersey. What's next on your list? Buffalo? Oakland?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1997 on: July 13, 2010, 03:09:49 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 13, 2010, 02:53:16 PM

My blu ray does Netflix on Demand.  It's awesome, even doing a fair number of films in HD via Wi Fi.  Comcast on demand is still good for current stuff like TV series episodes missed.  Hulu would do that as well, I guess.

Semi-related, we just moved to South Jersey and yesterday I had Verizon Fios internet and tv hooked up.  The net speed and performance so far has been outstanding.  The HD package is a little lacking in actual HD content I give a shit about.  Basically I'm whining that they don't carry G4 and Cartoon Network in HD (and a couple other channels).

So a friend and I were discussing the idea of getting a couple HD sling boxes so he could get channels I have and vice versa.  Not all that sure on how exactly we'd get it all working or if the channel changing would be possible or what.  Anyone have experience with the sling boxes?

Gary? The Plateau of Leng?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1998 on: July 13, 2010, 04:31:07 PM »

My blu ray does Netflix on Demand.  It's awesome, even doing a fair number of films in HD via Wi Fi.  Comcast on demand is still good for current stuff like TV series episodes missed.  Hulu would do that as well, I guess.

Semi-related, we just moved to South Jersey and yesterday I had Verizon Fios internet and tv hooked up.  The net speed and performance so far has been outstanding.  The HD package is a little lacking in actual HD content I give a shit about.  Basically I'm whining that they don't carry G4 and Cartoon Network in HD (and a couple other channels).

So a friend and I were discussing the idea of getting a couple HD sling boxes so he could get channels I have and vice versa.  Not all that sure on how exactly we'd get it all working or if the channel changing would be possible or what.  Anyone have experience with the sling boxes?

I've got a slingbox, but not the HD version. It's a very nice item. You essentially have full control over the device you are watching (i.e., I can watch my DVR or live TV when I am away from home), as long as someone is not watching the TV/DVR it is hooked up to.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1999 on: July 13, 2010, 05:03:27 PM »

You prefer maybe Fresno?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2000 on: July 13, 2010, 05:11:48 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 13, 2010, 05:03:27 PM

You prefer maybe Fresno?

Albuquerque.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2001 on: July 13, 2010, 05:43:31 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 13, 2010, 05:11:48 PM

You prefer maybe Fresno?

Albuquerque.

I knew Slaky hated the troops. 
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #2002 on: July 14, 2010, 06:39:49 AM »

You prefer maybe Fresno?

Albuquerque.

Ogden, Utah.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2003 on: July 14, 2010, 08:17:14 AM »
Quote from: Poon on July 14, 2010, 06:39:49 AM

You prefer maybe Fresno?

Albuquerque.

Ogden, Utah Kansas.

Troops'd
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #2004 on: July 14, 2010, 10:02:25 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 14, 2010, 08:17:14 AM

You prefer maybe Fresno?

Albuquerque.

Ogden, Utah KansasUtah.

Troops'd

Re-Mormon'd

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2005 on: July 14, 2010, 10:11:13 AM »

You prefer maybe Fresno?

Albuquerque.

Ogden, Utah Kansas.

Troops'd

Just to save time...

Las Cruces, NM
Lawton, Oklahoma
Camp Casey, South Korea
Killeen, Texas
Baqubah, Iraq
Taji, Iraq
Copperas Cove, Texas
Camp Humphreys, South Korea
Junction City, Kansas
Al Kasik, Iraq

That completes the "TEC's shithole world tour" list you guys have been writing.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2006 on: July 14, 2010, 10:17:47 AM »

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2007 on: July 14, 2010, 10:23:15 AM »
Quote from: Eli on July 14, 2010, 10:17:47 AM
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on July 14, 2010, 10:11:13 AM
Junction City, Kansas

It's a beautiful place.

The Woolworths was long gone  before I got there.  It's a shame I missed the town's glory days.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2008 on: July 14, 2010, 11:06:26 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on July 14, 2010, 10:23:15 AM
Quote from: Eli on July 14, 2010, 10:17:47 AM
Junction City, Kansas

It's a beautiful place.

The Woolworths was long gone  before I got there.  It's a shame I missed the town's glory days.

Let's be honest'd
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2009 on: July 14, 2010, 11:54:58 AM »

You prefer maybe Fresno?

Albuquerque.

Ogden, Utah Kansas.

Troops'd

Just to save time...

Las Cruces, NM
Lawton, Oklahoma
Camp Casey, South Korea
Killeen, Texas
Baqubah, Iraq
Taji, Iraq
Copperas Cove, Texas
Camp Humphreys, South Korea
Junction City, Kansas
Al Kasik, Iraq

That completes the "TEC's shithole world tour" list you guys have been writing.

Looking at that list, I think its a safe bet that TEC will not be appearing in any Army recruiting videos anytime soon.  You're owed a Berlin posting.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.