News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,298 )

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #615 on: February 11, 2008, 03:28:52 PM »
Quote from: Chuckosan on February 11, 2008, 11:25:40 AM
Quote from: Corn-fed on February 11, 2008, 10:12:37 AM
Ned Yost joined the Brewers in 1980, meaning he has essentially been involved in the MLB power structure in some way during the past 28 years. In fact, with his well-known link to Dale Earnhardt, it could be said that link to sports-entertainment powers that be goes even deeper. Well, I have to think that even in this day and age of the Internet that we in the public maybe only hear 10 to 20 percent of the behind the scenes dealings and issues and problems that baseball executives have to deal with. In our everyday lives, it is unusual for a day or two to go by without hearing some negative rumor and/or fact about somebody or something... Well, in a profession where anything like that becoming public can potentially ruin a career, Ned Yost has had a long time to figure out where these Brewers have buried their skeletons, so to say...

Whether it is a backroom deal with a mafia figurehead or an illness never publicly made known (Think the nerve tonic situation in the softball episode of the Simpsons) or something else that is negative, Yost has been in baseball/connected to baseball so long that he probably knows most of the secrets of many of these executives that these people do not EVER want out in the public. Plus, even if he doesn't know anything like this, many of these same people probably still owe him favors from his time in baseball. Essian has only been a manager for half a seasonĂ¢â‚¬"over 15 years ago, he hasn't picked up the information or the favors to force these people to go with him.
Yahbutt can this make Shrillery president?

I love the efforts made to make jokes on this board.  Good stuff.

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #616 on: February 12, 2008, 09:23:53 AM »
Quote from: Dave B on February 11, 2008, 02:03:07 PM
Quote from: Taylor on February 11, 2008, 01:34:48 PM
The Dusty/Scott Williamson reunion tour has been canceled.

QuoteThe San Francisco Giants agreed to terms on a minor league deal with reliever Scott Williamson on Sunday and invited him to spring training.

Williamson, the 1999 NL Rookie of the Year who turns 32 next Sunday, is scheduled to report to the team's spring training complex in Scottsdale, Ariz., on Wednesday with pitchers and catchers.

The right-hander could bolster an already deep bullpen. Williamson spent his first four-plus seasons with the Cincinnati Reds and has also pitched for Boston, the Chicago Cubs, San Diego and then Baltimore last season.

He went 1-0 with a 4.40 ERA in 16 outings in 2007, missing time early in the season while on the disabled list with tightness in his throwing arm.

Yeah, but Crazy Rumor Guy says he might reunite with Kenny Lofton, so it continues. And Corey is still out there.

When is Neifi's drug suspension over?

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #617 on: February 13, 2008, 09:49:33 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AuoZaBov9wv3vPxvMMtumS.pu7YF?slug=newmanagerbakerclosercor&prov=tsn&type=lgns

QuoteEvery season brings a surprise team. Cincinnati has positioned itself to be the charmed club this year.

The Reds finished fifth in the National League Central last season at 72-90, fourth-worst record in the league. They last had a winning record in 2000.

Two off-season moves give the Reds cause for optimism. The additions of manager Dusty Baker and closer Francisco Cordero change the dynamics of the club.

Baker is the Reds' most charismatic manager since Davey Johnson, who not coincidentally produced the organization's last playoff team in 1995.

Quote"We're not far away from winning," Baker said. "Cordero was a huge signing."

Quote"You get the experience of the veterans and the energy of the young," Baker said of his club. "Combine that together, we can do some wonderful things."

Intrepid Reader: Ray Stokes/Andy Millman

Are you having a laugh? Is he having a laugh?
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #618 on: February 13, 2008, 10:36:09 PM »
Quote from: Taylor on February 13, 2008, 09:49:33 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AuoZaBov9wv3vPxvMMtumS.pu7YF?slug=newmanagerbakerclosercor&prov=tsn&type=lgns

Every season brings a surprise team. Cincinnati has positioned itself to be the charmed club this year.

The Reds finished fifth in the National League Central last season at 72-90, fourth-worst record in the league. They last had a winning record in 2000.

Two off-season moves give the Reds cause for optimism. The additions of manager Dusty Baker and closer Francisco Cordero change the dynamics of the club.

Baker is the Reds' most charismatic manager since Davey Johnson, who not coincidentally produced the organization's last playoff team in 1995.

Charisma?  C'mon.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #619 on: February 14, 2008, 07:53:16 AM »
Charisma Carpenter could do a better job of managing than Dusty.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #620 on: February 14, 2008, 07:54:02 AM »
Quote from: Dave B on February 14, 2008, 07:53:16 AM

I'd need to see a resume first, preferably with photos.
+=

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #621 on: February 14, 2008, 08:24:42 AM »
Quote from: Kwyjibo on February 14, 2008, 07:54:02 AM
Quote from: Dave B on February 14, 2008, 07:53:16 AM

I'd need to see a resume first, preferably with photos.

DON'T SCROLL DOWN

Curriculum Vitae
Work Experience
Being on TV.

Qualifications
I have some pretty nice boobies.

Skills
You can look at them.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #622 on: February 14, 2008, 09:34:29 AM »
See. I told you. She's much better than Dusty.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #623 on: February 14, 2008, 10:27:54 AM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on February 12, 2008, 09:23:53 AM

QuoteThe San Francisco Giants agreed to terms on a minor league deal with reliever Scott Williamson on Sunday and invited him to spring training.

Williamson, the 1999 NL Rookie of the Year who turns 32 next Sunday, is scheduled to report to the team's spring training complex in Scottsdale, Ariz., on Wednesday with pitchers and catchers.

The right-hander could bolster an already deep bullpen. Williamson spent his first four-plus seasons with the Cincinnati Reds and has also pitched for Boston, the Chicago Cubs, San Diego and then Baltimore last season.

He went 1-0 with a 4.40 ERA in 16 outings in 2007, missing time early in the season while on the disabled list with tightness in his throwing arm.

Yeah, but Crazy Rumor Guy says he might reunite with Kenny Lofton, so it continues. And Corey is still out there.

Every fucking time I click new on this thread, I see this post first. God Damn It.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #624 on: February 14, 2008, 10:39:38 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on February 14, 2008, 10:27:54 AM
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on February 12, 2008, 09:23:53 AM

Every fucking time I click new on this thread, I see this post first. God Damn It.

Me too. It's depressing to think that for a time, we had Dusty, Neifi, and Scott Williamson on the roster simultaneously.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #625 on: February 14, 2008, 10:42:28 AM »
That chick's boobs are fake as hell. I'm not that impressed. But those legs though... those'll play.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #626 on: February 14, 2008, 10:44:13 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on February 14, 2008, 10:42:28 AM
That chick's boobs are fake as hell. I'm not that impressed. But those legs though... those'll play.

You guys need to get a look from the back. Wow.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #627 on: February 14, 2008, 10:54:42 AM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on February 14, 2008, 10:44:13 AM
Quote from: ~Apex on February 14, 2008, 10:42:28 AM

You guys need to get a look from the back. Wow.

Done. And I take back what I said about her top. I just saw it sans coverage and it'll play too.

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #628 on: February 15, 2008, 06:56:24 PM »
http://cooperstownkid.blogspot.com/2008/02/st-louis-trembles-with-concern-for.html//

QuoteThe hushed voice of KMOX sports reporter Kevin Wheeler has joined the whispers in St. Louis that Cardinals first baseman Albert Pujols may be headed for a fall, not merely because Pujols has been playing with foot, leg and various other aches and pains in recent years but because far more serious trouble awaits him.

"Albert is the perfect hitter," says Wheeler, who hosts the weekly program "Rating the Cards" on the 50,000-watt voice of the midwest. "...The only concern about Albert's ability to put up big offensive numbers is his health.

"He was already voicing concern about his right elbow, which probably needs Tommy John surgery, and if that elbow (or the back or the hammies) give him significant trouble...he might not be able to battle through the pain again."

Speculation is growing that Dominican slugger may miss significant portions or perhaps even all of the season, though it doesn't seem to make sense that Pujols would have waited this late to make the decision to undergo invasive medical procedures had he not already committed to try to play in 2008.

Even Wheeler can't come to terms with the idea of Pujols going down, projecting him to hit .330 with 40 homers this year if all goes well.

"The scariest thing I've heard in a long time, relating to the Cards, was Albert saying he can't do what he did last year again. Just hope and pray the offseason of rest did him well," said Wheeler, whose broadcasts can be heard across more than 30 states at 1120 on the AM dial.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #629 on: February 15, 2008, 06:59:02 PM »
Quote from: Taylor on February 15, 2008, 06:56:24 PM
http://cooperstownkid.blogspot.com/2008/02/st-louis-trembles-with-concern-for.html//

QuoteThe hushed voice of KMOX sports reporter Kevin Wheeler has joined the whispers in St. Louis that Cardinals first baseman Albert Pujols may be headed for a fall, not merely because Pujols has been playing with foot, leg and various other aches and pains in recent years but because far more serious trouble awaits him.

"Albert is the perfect hitter," says Wheeler, who hosts the weekly program "Rating the Cards" on the 50,000-watt voice of the midwest. "...The only concern about Albert's ability to put up big offensive numbers is his health.

"He was already voicing concern about his right elbow, which probably needs Tommy John surgery, and if that elbow (or the back or the hammies) give him significant trouble...he might not be able to battle through the pain again."

Speculation is growing that Dominican slugger may miss significant portions or perhaps even all of the season, though it doesn't seem to make sense that Pujols would have waited this late to make the decision to undergo invasive medical procedures had he not already committed to try to play in 2008.

Even Wheeler can't come to terms with the idea of Pujols going down, projecting him to hit .330 with 40 homers this year if all goes well.

"The scariest thing I've heard in a long time, relating to the Cards, was Albert saying he can't do what he did last year again. Just hope and pray the offseason of rest did him well," said Wheeler, whose broadcasts can be heard across more than 30 states at 1120 on the AM dial.

This is the douchiest piece of writing I have read in a long time.