News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,498 )

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #630 on: February 16, 2008, 08:35:59 AM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on February 15, 2008, 06:59:02 PM
Quote from: Taylor on February 15, 2008, 06:56:24 PM
http://cooperstownkid.blogspot.com/2008/02/st-louis-trembles-with-concern-for.html//

QuoteThe hushed voice of KMOX sports reporter Kevin Wheeler has joined the whispers in St. Louis that Cardinals first baseman Albert Pujols may be headed for a fall, not merely because Pujols has been playing with foot, leg and various other aches and pains in recent years but because far more serious trouble awaits him.

"Albert is the perfect hitter," says Wheeler, who hosts the weekly program "Rating the Cards" on the 50,000-watt voice of the midwest. "...The only concern about Albert's ability to put up big offensive numbers is his health.

"He was already voicing concern about his right elbow, which probably needs Tommy John surgery, and if that elbow (or the back or the hammies) give him significant trouble...he might not be able to battle through the pain again."

Speculation is growing that Dominican slugger may miss significant portions or perhaps even all of the season, though it doesn't seem to make sense that Pujols would have waited this late to make the decision to undergo invasive medical procedures had he not already committed to try to play in 2008.

Even Wheeler can't come to terms with the idea of Pujols going down, projecting him to hit .330 with 40 homers this year if all goes well.

"The scariest thing I've heard in a long time, relating to the Cards, was Albert saying he can't do what he did last year again. Just hope and pray the offseason of rest did him well," said Wheeler, whose broadcasts can be heard across more than 30 states at 1120 on the AM dial.

This is the douchiest piece of writing I have read in a long time.

It is really bad writing. I just like the pants pissing going on if Fat Albert gets shut down this season.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #631 on: February 17, 2008, 05:50:19 PM »
DPD.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/2008/02/17/gallardo-to-miss-4-weeks-after-knee-surgery.aspx

QuotePhoenix -- Right-hander Yovani Gallardo indeed does have torn cartilage in his left knee and will return to Milwaukee tomorrow to have arthroscopic surgery.

Gallardo is expected to be sidelined four weeks, virtually guaranteeing he will open the season on the disabled list. That would leave just two weeks in camp, not sufficient time for the 22-year-old right-hander to get ready for the regular season.

The official diagnosis on Gallardo is a lateral meniscus (cartilage) tear in the knee.

Gallardo apparently suffered the injury during a throwing session a few days ago.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #632 on: February 17, 2008, 06:57:48 PM »
How many watts was that radio station?  And can we please strap the blogger to the broadcast tower so he can feel all of them?

Nice start to the spring for the Brewers.  Now Yovani can come back too quickly from the knee surgery and blow out his arm.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #633 on: February 17, 2008, 09:34:27 PM »
Quote from: Corn-fed on February 11, 2008, 10:12:37 AM

Ned Yost joined the Brewers in 1980, meaning he has essentially been involved in the MLB power structure in some way during the past 28 years. In fact, with his well-known link to Dale Earnhardt, it could be said that link to sports-entertainment powers that be goes even deeper. Well, I have to think that even in this day and age of the Internet that we in the public maybe only hear 10 to 20 percent of the behind the scenes dealings and issues and problems that baseball executives have to deal with. In our everyday lives, it is unusual for a day or two to go by without hearing some negative rumor and/or fact about somebody or something... Well, in a profession where anything like that becoming public can potentially ruin a career, Ned Yost has had a long time to figure out where these Brewers have buried their skeletons, so to say...

Whether it is a backroom deal with a mafia figurehead or an illness never publicly made known (Think the nerve tonic situation in the softball episode of the Simpsons) or something else that is negative, Yost has been in baseball/connected to baseball so long that he probably knows most of the secrets of many of these executives that these people do not EVER want out in the public. Plus, even if he doesn't know anything like this, many of these same people probably still owe him favors from his time in baseball. Essian has only been a manager for half a seasonâ€"over 15 years ago, he hasn't picked up the information or the favors to force these people to go with him.

Even I, who hates having jokes made at my own expense, have to applaud this effort. Well-played...
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #634 on: February 18, 2008, 03:05:11 AM »
Quote from: BC on February 17, 2008, 09:34:27 PM
Quote from: Corn-fed on February 11, 2008, 10:12:37 AM

Ned Yost joined the Brewers in 1980, meaning he has essentially been involved in the MLB power structure in some way during the past 28 years. In fact, with his well-known link to Dale Earnhardt, it could be said that link to sports-entertainment powers that be goes even deeper. Well, I have to think that even in this day and age of the Internet that we in the public maybe only hear 10 to 20 percent of the behind the scenes dealings and issues and problems that baseball executives have to deal with. In our everyday lives, it is unusual for a day or two to go by without hearing some negative rumor and/or fact about somebody or something... Well, in a profession where anything like that becoming public can potentially ruin a career, Ned Yost has had a long time to figure out where these Brewers have buried their skeletons, so to say...

Whether it is a backroom deal with a mafia figurehead or an illness never publicly made known (Think the nerve tonic situation in the softball episode of the Simpsons) or something else that is negative, Yost has been in baseball/connected to baseball so long that he probably knows most of the secrets of many of these executives that these people do not EVER want out in the public. Plus, even if he doesn't know anything like this, many of these same people probably still owe him favors from his time in baseball. Essian has only been a manager for half a seasonâ€"over 15 years ago, he hasn't picked up the information or the favors to force these people to go with him.

Even I, who hates having jokes made at my own expense, have to applaud this effort. Well-played...

Really, BC?  Because the only reason I could think of for you still being here is that you fucking love it.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #635 on: February 18, 2008, 08:14:52 AM »
MLB Trade Rumors:

QuoteCubs center fielders hit a fine .302/.344/.466 for Dusty Baker's 2003 club, which came within five outs of a World Series appearance.  Most of the ABs at the position went to Corey Patterson and Kenny Lofton that year.

Dusty's managing the Reds now, and both center fielders remain free agents as of February 17th.  The Reds have some uncertainty in center field, though Jay Bruce is a stud and Ryan Freel is said to be 100%.  According to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer, Baker has spoken to both Lofton and Patterson recently.  They are options for the Reds; Baker says Lofton seeks a Major League deal. In that case someone would have to be booted off the team's 40 man roster.  Six days ago, Ken Rosenthal reported that the Reds' interest in Lofton might depend on who they might trade for another starter (with Joe Blanton as the main target).

The Reds currently have Kent Mercker and Paul Bako in camp as non-roster invitees; both played for Baker in '03.

This week Dusty is going to give Neifi and Jose Macias a call.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #636 on: February 18, 2008, 08:32:25 AM »
Quote from: Taylor on February 18, 2008, 08:14:52 AM
MLB Trade Rumors:

QuoteCubs center fielders hit a fine .302/.344/.466 for Dusty Baker's 2003 club, which came within five outs of a World Series appearance.  Most of the ABs at the position went to Corey Patterson and Kenny Lofton that year.

Dusty's managing the Reds now, and both center fielders remain free agents as of February 17th.  The Reds have some uncertainty in center field, though Jay Bruce is a stud and Ryan Freel is said to be 100%.  According to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer, Baker has spoken to both Lofton and Patterson recently.  They are options for the Reds; Baker says Lofton seeks a Major League deal. In that case someone would have to be booted off the team's 40 man roster.  Six days ago, Ken Rosenthal reported that the Reds' interest in Lofton might depend on who they might trade for another starter (with Joe Blanton as the main target).

The Reds currently have Kent Mercker and Paul Bako in camp as non-roster invitees; both played for Baker in '03.

This week Dusty is going to give Neifi and Jose Macias a call.

I fucking love Dusty Baker.

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #637 on: February 18, 2008, 09:03:48 AM »
http://cooperstownkid.blogspot.com/2008/02/st-louis-trembles-with-concern-for.html//

QuoteThe hushed voice of KMOX sports reporter Kevin Wheeler has joined the whispers in St. Louis that Cardinals first baseman Albert Pujols may be headed for a fall, not merely because Pujols has been playing with foot, leg and various other aches and pains in recent years but because far more serious trouble awaits him.

"Albert is the perfect hitter," says Wheeler, who hosts the weekly program "Rating the Cards" on the 50,000-watt voice of the midwest. "...The only concern about Albert's ability to put up big offensive numbers is his health.

"He was already voicing concern about his right elbow, which probably needs Tommy John surgery, and if that elbow (or the back or the hammies) give him significant trouble...he might not be able to battle through the pain again."

Speculation is growing that Dominican slugger may miss significant portions or perhaps even all of the season, though it doesn't seem to make sense that Pujols would have waited this late to make the decision to undergo invasive medical procedures had he not already committed to try to play in 2008.

Even Wheeler can't come to terms with the idea of Pujols going down, projecting him to hit .330 with 40 homers this year if all goes well.

"The scariest thing I've heard in a long time, relating to the Cards, was Albert saying he can't do what he did last year again. Just hope and pray the offseason of rest did him well," said Wheeler, whose broadcasts can be heard across more than 30 states at 1120 on the AM dial.

Steroids are hell on the body.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #638 on: February 18, 2008, 09:04:33 AM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on February 18, 2008, 09:03:48 AM

Steroids are hell on the body.

So is old age.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #639 on: February 18, 2008, 09:43:34 AM »
Looks like the Satanic Fowl have another Mouthbreathin' Matty on their hands. From Bernie Dickless of the Post-Dispatch (we tried to warn 'em about the pussy):

[W]hen the Cardinals signed Matt Clement, we were told he was golden. Fully recovered from shoulder surgery. Good to go. Uh, wrong again. Looks like we were fooled again. . . .
This episode is an important reminder: never believe it when the Cardinals insist that a rehabbing pitcher will return on schedule. The ballclub has simply been wrong too many times to have a shred of credibility on these matters.

Clement was a low-risk signing, and he still could pay off big. It wasn't a bad move to take a chance on him. But that's not the point of my complaint. The point is, I'm tired of the Cardinals spinning their nonsense on the medical status of their injured players. It just happens too often.

And like an idiot, I continually try to give them the benefit of the doubt, only to get burned again.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #640 on: February 18, 2008, 11:41:09 AM »
Quote from: Dave B on February 18, 2008, 09:43:34 AM
Looks like the Satanic Fowl have another Mouthbreathin' Matty on their hands. From Bernie Dickless of the Post-Dispatch (we tried to warn 'em about the pussy):

[W]hen the Cardinals signed Matt Clement, we were told he was golden. Fully recovered from shoulder surgery. Good to go. Uh, wrong again. Looks like we were fooled again. . . .
This episode is an important reminder: never believe it when the Cardinals insist that a rehabbing pitcher will return on schedule. The ballclub has simply been wrong too many times to have a shred of credibility on these matters.

Clement was a low-risk signing, and he still could pay off big. It wasn't a bad move to take a chance on him. But that's not the point of my complaint. The point is, I'm tired of the Cardinals spinning their nonsense on the medical status of their injured players. It just happens too often.

And like an idiot, I continually try to give them the benefit of the doubt, only to get burned again.

He's seen it happen too many times.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #641 on: February 18, 2008, 11:48:46 AM »

The Reds currently have Kent Mercker and Paul Bako in camp as non-roster invitees; both neither played for Baker in '03.

What's with this douchebag?  I thought he was a Cubs fan.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #642 on: February 18, 2008, 11:52:01 AM »
Quote from: Mike D on February 18, 2008, 11:48:46 AM

The Reds currently have Kent Mercker and Paul BakoJose Macias  in camp as non-roster invitees; both neither played for Baker in '03.

What's with this douchebag?  I thought he was a Cubs fan.

Now who's the douchebag?
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #643 on: February 18, 2008, 02:17:44 PM »
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-080218-rogers-ozzie-guillen-tough,1,697993.column

QuoteGuillen promises to be "back to [being] Ozzie." That means his language won't be fit for children and that his commentary about his players will be pointed.

This is good news. I for one enjoy watching Ozzie make an ass out of himself on a regular basis.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #644 on: February 18, 2008, 02:24:23 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on February 18, 2008, 02:17:44 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-080218-rogers-ozzie-guillen-tough,1,697993.column

QuoteGuillen promises to be "back to [being] Ozzie." That means his language won't be fit for children and that his commentary about his players will be pointed.

This is good news. I for one enjoy watching Ozzie make an ass out of himself on a regular basis.

Everyone knows that yelling and swearing equals wins. Not 5 ridiculous starting pitchers.