News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 549,632 )

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #960 on: April 29, 2008, 09:38:32 AM »

Steak.

Balls.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #961 on: April 29, 2008, 11:43:59 AM »
Quote from: PTanner on April 29, 2008, 09:38:32 AM

Steak.

Balls.

Good to hear.  My concern was that I've already heard the songs on the show, and they apparently haven't been changed much for the CD.  While the songs themselves are hilarious, I'm not sure about the re-listenability of them.

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #962 on: April 29, 2008, 06:20:25 PM »
http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/cincinnatireds/entries/2008/04/28/krivskys_final_say.html

QuoteOne of the things he wants known is that Dusty Baker was his choice to manage the Reds and he told owner Bob Castellini at the time, "Dusty Baker is my man and he is the guy for the job." And Krivsky added, "It was my recommendation and Bob agreed."

Quote"When Homer Bailey didn't make the team and Matt Belisle was injured, who did we have for our fifth starting spot? Nobody," he said. "That's where Fogg fit in. He made $3.7 million from the Rockies last year."

And then there was the $3 million paid to outfielder Corey Patterson.

"I was told to get him signed, whatever it takes," said Krivsky, who signed him for $3 million. Patterson was paid $4.7 million last year.

Wayne Krivsky needs to GM another team in the NL Central (except the Cubs) again. And soon. St. Louis could use someone with his talent.
01/20/2013

Wampa

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #963 on: April 29, 2008, 10:52:27 PM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on April 29, 2008, 06:20:25 PM
http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/cincinnatireds/entries/2008/04/28/krivskys_final_say.html

QuoteOne of the things he wants known is that Dusty Baker was his choice to manage the Reds and he told owner Bob Castellini at the time, "Dusty Baker is my man and he is the guy for the job." And Krivsky added, "It was my recommendation and Bob agreed."

Quote"When Homer Bailey didn't make the team and Matt Belisle was injured, who did we have for our fifth starting spot? Nobody," he said. "That's where Fogg fit in. He made $3.7 million from the Rockies last year."

"I was told to get him signed, whatever it takes," said Krivsky, who signed him for $3 million. Patterson was paid $4.7 million last year.

Wayne Krivsky needs to GM another team in the NL Central (except the Cubs) again. And soon. St. Louis could use someone with his talent.

QuoteWell, hey, now that we've seen Toronto eat about $10 million to dump Frank Howard and the penny-pounding Pittsburgh Pirates pour Heinez ketchup on $10 million for Matt Morris and eat it, how bad is Stanton's $3.5 million?

Frank Howard got cut by the BJ's?

PTanner

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #964 on: April 30, 2008, 05:25:44 AM »
Quote from: Wampa on April 29, 2008, 10:52:27 PM
Quote from: Taylor2 on April 29, 2008, 06:20:25 PM

QuoteWell, hey, now that we've seen Toronto eat about $10 million to dump Frank Howard and the penny-pounding Pittsburgh Pirates pour Heinez ketchup on $10 million for Matt Morris and eat it, how bad is Stanton's $3.5 million?

Frank Howard got cut by the BJ's?

Ol' Hondo needs to get a job with the Nationals, just so they can revive his "Capital Punishment" nickname. That was bad-ass.

The Big Cheese

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #965 on: April 30, 2008, 10:33:38 PM »
Len and Bob ripping on Turd Throw.

"Turnbow just falling completely apart.  Ned Yost doesn't have much of a choice here."

"one of the ugliest pitching performances I've ever seen."

I'm cackling with glee.

Cade

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #966 on: April 30, 2008, 10:38:03 PM »
You know its bad when one of the ESPN guys says Turnbow went to the mound with a gas can.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #967 on: April 30, 2008, 10:43:46 PM »
The Cubs probably hurt themselves tonight, since this performance may get Turnbow cut. 

The Paul Popovich Experience

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #968 on: April 30, 2008, 10:44:25 PM »
I <3 Turnbow.
RETIRED

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #969 on: April 30, 2008, 11:04:30 PM »
Quote from: EG on April 30, 2008, 10:43:46 PM
The Cubs probably hurt themselves tonight, since this performance may get Turnbow cut. 

Don't even think that. He had a save for them last week. This was just an anomaly. He is a brilliant pitcher. The Brewers should lock him up for the rest of his career.
01/20/2013

PTanner

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #970 on: May 01, 2008, 05:26:14 AM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on April 30, 2008, 11:04:30 PM
Quote from: EG on April 30, 2008, 10:43:46 PM

Don't even think that. He had a save for them last week. This was just an anomaly. He is a brilliant pitcher. The Brewers should lock him up for the rest of his career.

Turnbow just needs to find himself in some more game situations in order to find his good stuff.

Preferably against the Cubs.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #971 on: May 01, 2008, 07:14:52 AM »
I'm just glad that with all of the pitchers Ned has to choose from, he brings in Turnbow. At this point, Turnbow is bringing an entire tanker of gasoline into the game.

HST Redux

• When teh going gets weird....
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #972 on: May 01, 2008, 07:40:11 AM »
Too bad Micah Owings batting stats don't count in our fantasy league. His 6th inning pinch-hit home run helped to defeat the Astros last night.

Astros manager Cecil Cooper called it "by far, by far" the worst loss of the season.

"I mean, we can't even get the stinkin' pitcher out, we're in trouble," he said. "My goodness, a two-run lead and we can't even get out of the stinkin' inning. That's unacceptable, and it won't happen again."
"In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: Not necessarily to Win, but mainly to keep from Losing Completely." - Hunter S. Thompson

PTanner

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #973 on: May 01, 2008, 07:58:51 AM »
Quote from: HST Redux on May 01, 2008, 07:40:11 AM
Too bad Micah Owings batting stats don't count in our fantasy league. His 6th inning pinch-hit home run helped to defeat the Astros last night.

Astros manager Cecil Cooper called it "by far, by far" the worst loss of the season.

"I mean, we can't even get the stinkin' pitcher out, we're in trouble," he said. "My goodness, a two-run lead and we can't even get out of the stinkin' inning. That's unacceptable, and it won't happen again."

He needs to have Lee Elia give him some guidance.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #974 on: May 01, 2008, 08:16:18 AM »
Quote from: HST Redux on May 01, 2008, 07:40:11 AM

Yes, Cecil, it will happen again.