News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,459 )

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #1125 on: May 14, 2008, 09:57:22 PM »
Another Brewers blown save.  This time, Guillermo Mota doing the honors.

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1126 on: May 15, 2008, 06:19:16 AM »
Quote from: Kerm on May 13, 2008, 03:38:55 PM
Quote from: Slaky+ on May 13, 2008, 02:12:20 PM
Quote from: Eli on May 13, 2008, 01:55:56 PM
Quote from: PTanner on May 13, 2008, 01:45:12 PM
Quote from: Kerm on May 13, 2008, 01:32:39 PM
Quote from: Eli on May 13, 2008, 12:49:45 PM
Quote from: Thrillho on May 13, 2008, 12:48:16 PM
Indeed it is.

Except when it isn't.

You don't want to go to Kansas City, KS or Kansas City, MO.

But that's just me'ed.

Careful there...there's some good ribs in KC.

Amen.

I love Chicago, and I'll wholeheartedly agree that it's a cooler city than Kansas City.  But still, I like it here.  There's plenty to do -- lots of concerts and shows, and the food is great.  Plus, for a decent-sized city, traffic and cost of living are manageable.

Anyway, if either Kerm or Slaky want to put aside their geographical snobbery and come visit, the barbecue is on me.  I'll probably make you find a hotel to stay in though.  No gay stuff.

[/oversensitivity about where I live]

You know it's just ribbing. Besides, Kermit lives in Naperville. That place is gheyer than a handbag full of rainbows.

I wasn't kidding, but it's not geographical snobbery.  I just don't like going anywhere.  I will make an exception, but only if EG breaks his hotel rule and lets me sleep under his coffee table.

Kerm, you missed not one, but two rib jokes here.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1127 on: May 15, 2008, 07:13:20 AM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on May 14, 2008, 09:57:22 PM

One of the few things you can count on; death, taxes, and a Brewers reliever bringing a gas can with him to the mound.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1128 on: May 15, 2008, 07:58:25 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on May 15, 2008, 07:13:20 AM
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on May 14, 2008, 09:57:22 PM

One of the few things you can count on; death, taxes, and a Brewers reliever bringing a gas can with him to the mound now that he's off the juice.

A pattern'd.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1129 on: May 15, 2008, 10:51:17 AM »
Quote from: PTanner on May 15, 2008, 06:19:16 AM
Indeed it is.

Except when it isn't.

But that's just me'ed.

Amen.

I love Chicago, and I'll wholeheartedly agree that it's a cooler city than Kansas City.  But still, I like it here.  There's plenty to do -- lots of concerts and shows, and the food is great.  Plus, for a decent-sized city, traffic and cost of living are manageable.

Anyway, if either Kerm or Slaky want to put aside their geographical snobbery and come visit, the barbecue is on me.  I'll probably make you find a hotel to stay in though.  No gay stuff.

You know it's just ribbing. Besides, Kermit lives in Naperville. That place is gheyer than a handbag full of rainbows.

I wasn't kidding, but it's not geographical snobbery.  I just don't like going anywhere.  I will make an exception, but only if EG breaks his hotel rule and lets me sleep under his coffee table.

No, I just choose not to acknowledge them.

PTanner

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1130 on: May 15, 2008, 11:06:02 AM »
Quote from: Kerm on May 15, 2008, 10:51:17 AM
Quote from: PTanner on May 15, 2008, 06:19:16 AM
Indeed it is.

Except when it isn't.

But that's just me'ed.

Amen.

No, I just choose not to acknowledge them.

you take all the fun out of running jokes into the ground.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1131 on: May 15, 2008, 01:52:35 PM »
Ryan Braun signs for 8 years, $45 million. Ok for now, but we'll see how happy he is with that in five years.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

PTanner

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1132 on: May 15, 2008, 01:59:34 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on May 15, 2008, 01:52:35 PM
Ryan Braun signs for 8 years, $45 million. Ok for now, but we'll see how happy he is with that in five years.

He'll be a DH in New York by then.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #1133 on: May 15, 2008, 06:03:00 PM »
I had a day off from work today and was enjoying Pat and Ron on the computer... I had the TV on and flipped to the Cardinals game this afternoon just as Isringhausen was coming in for the Cardinals. One of the Cardinals announcers mentioned that Isringhausen got a good reception from the crowd while going out to the mound. Just a few minutes later, after Isringhausen poured gasoline all over that game, he gets taken out and the crowd boos him off the field loudly. NOTHING from the announcers about the booing. NOTHING.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

PTanner

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1134 on: May 15, 2008, 08:15:31 PM »
Quote from: BC on May 15, 2008, 06:03:00 PM
I had a day off from work today and was enjoying Pat and Ron on the computer... I had the TV on and flipped to the Cardinals game this afternoon just as Isringhausen was coming in for the Cardinals. One of the Cardinals announcers mentioned that Isringhausen got a good reception from the crowd while going out to the mound. Just a few minutes later, after Isringhausen poured gasoline all over that game, he gets taken out and the crowd boos him off the field loudly. NOTHING from the announcers about the booing. NOTHING.

If he's getting booed off the field, what would you like them to say?

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1135 on: May 15, 2008, 09:58:14 PM »
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080515&content_id=2708002&vkey=news_hou&fext=.jsp&c_id=hou&partnered=rss_hou

QuoteMILWAUKEE -- Despite mounting legal troubles regarding his alleged use of performance-enhancing drugs, Roger Clemens apparently hasn't decided whether he will retire, one of his former owners told MLB.com on Thursday.

The right-hander, who will be 46 years old on Aug. 4, is an unsigned free agent, but missed the first few months of the season the past two years before returning to action. Drayton McLane, the chairman and chief executive of the Astros, said he spoke with Clemens briefly at a game in Houston as recently as three weeks ago.

QuoteMcLane said Clemens is waiting to resolve his legal troubles before determining what to do about his future.

"That doesn't mean he's going to pitch, he's just undetermined and wants to see where all this is going," McLane said. "His legal stuff, I think he wants to see how that unfolds."

McLane wouldn't dismiss the possibility of re-signing Clemens. He said he also wants to allow events to unfold before determining whether he might bring him back for another tour with the Astros.

"Would we? We're not even ready to think about that yet," McLane said. "We've got to wait and see what happens. Right now we're not focusing on it at all. We're just going to have to go further down the road and see what unfolds. There are lots of issues out there."
01/20/2013

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1136 on: May 15, 2008, 10:35:43 PM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on May 15, 2008, 09:58:14 PM
QuoteMcLane said Clemens is waiting to resolve his legal troubles before determining what to do about his future.

"That doesn't mean he's going to pitch, he's just undetermined and wants to see how this all plays out," McLane said. "His legal stuff, I think he wants to see how that plays out."

McLane wouldn't dismiss the possibility of re-signing Clemens. He said he also wants to see how this all plays out before determining whether he might bring him back for another tour with the Astros.

"Would we? Let's wait and see how this plays out," McLane said. "Let's wait and see how this plays out. Right now we're not focusing on it at all. Let's wait and see how this plays out. Let's wait and see how this plays out."

Redundantly redundantdundantdundant'dundant'd

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1137 on: May 16, 2008, 12:24:27 AM »
Indeed it is.

Except when it isn't.

But that's just me'ed.

Amen.

Kansas City and Indianapolis are practically twin cities.

Yay?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1138 on: May 16, 2008, 08:23:19 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on May 16, 2008, 12:24:27 AM
Indeed it is.

Except when it isn't.

But that's just me'ed.

Amen.

Yay?

So since I've already been to Indy, it's safe to say I've been to KC. Done and done. Eli, you should have met me out.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1139 on: May 16, 2008, 08:25:27 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on May 16, 2008, 12:24:27 AM
Indeed it is.

Except when it isn't.

But that's just me'ed.

Amen.

Yay?

Does Kansas City have it's own Martinsville near by? That's where the best of the Indy area is on display. Culture galore.