News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,795 )

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #1155 on: May 16, 2008, 05:25:47 PM »
Quote from: Mike D on May 16, 2008, 09:52:29 AM
Quote from: PTanner on May 16, 2008, 09:45:12 AM
Quote from: Eli on May 16, 2008, 09:32:45 AM
Quote from: PTanner on May 16, 2008, 09:05:02 AM
Isn't there some pancake house chain around Independence, something like the 49er or something like that? Pretty damn cultured, as far as I recall.

IHOP, I think.

We KNOW that's cultured. Shit, it's International, for crying out loud!

Isn't KC south of the newly re-named "IHOP/Waffle House" line?

Also, I was in KC once for a whole week (work-related), and I positive it.  I was in a bad mood when I arrived, because it was after that retarded Cubs/Expos game in 2000 which I watched at O'Hare when the Cubs lost like 16-15.  Can't remember the places we ate at, but I do remember The Hurrican and Ziegfields.  Good times.

Is Jake Potter dead, or did he just grow weary of BC? Isn't he a KC guy?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1156 on: May 16, 2008, 07:51:25 PM »
Quote from: BH on May 16, 2008, 08:25:27 AM
Quote from: ~Apex on May 16, 2008, 12:24:27 AM
Quote from: Eli on May 13, 2008, 01:55:56 PM
Quote from: PTanner on May 13, 2008, 01:45:12 PM
Quote from: Kerm on May 13, 2008, 01:32:39 PM
Quote from: Eli on May 13, 2008, 12:49:45 PM
Quote from: Thrillho on May 13, 2008, 12:48:16 PM
Indeed it is.

Except when it isn't.

You don't want to go to Kansas City, KS or Kansas City, MO.

But that's just me'ed.

Careful there...there's some good ribs in KC.

Amen.

I love Chicago, and I'll wholeheartedly agree that it's a cooler city than Kansas City.  But still, I like it here.  There's plenty to do -- lots of concerts and shows, and the food is great.  Plus, for a decent-sized city, traffic and cost of living are manageable.

Anyway, if either Kerm or Slaky want to put aside their geographical snobbery and come visit, the barbecue is on me.  I'll probably make you find a hotel to stay in though.  No gay stuff.

[/oversensitivity about where I live]

Kansas City and Indianapolis are practically twin cities.

Yay?

Does Kansas City have it's own Martinsville near by? That's where the best of the Indy area is on display. Culture galore.

Linking Martintucky (see what I did there?) to Indy makes about as much sense as linking Hobart to Chicago. Or... wait, nevermind.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #1157 on: May 22, 2008, 10:56:55 AM »
I smell a Brewers winning streak coming:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3407632

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #1158 on: May 22, 2008, 11:12:01 AM »
Quote from: powen01 on May 22, 2008, 10:56:55 AM
I smell a Brewers winning streak coming:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3407632

This increases the chances of Turd Throw being recalled.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1159 on: May 22, 2008, 01:22:08 PM »
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/john_donovan/05/22/donovan.yost/1.html

QuoteNothing, though, gets the fans frothing faster than a mention of Yost, the Brewers' clean-cut, square-jawed, maddeningly frustrating manager. He is more than a simple lightning rod for the fans' discontent. He is a lightning rod on top of a dart board on the hottest of hot seats. If Barack Obama has this many fingers pointing his way come November, we'll soon be calling him Mr. President.

What's wrong with these people? Ned's a great manager.

QuoteA couple of his former players have called the manager "Nervous Ned," remarking how he gets uptight in pressure situations late in the season or in close games. Yost nearly fought with former Brewers' catcher Johnny Estrada in the dugout last August when Estrada came to the defense of a teammate whom he felt Yost had unfairly criticized. Afterward, Yost typically tried to whitewash the altercation, caught by TV cameras, and insisted everything was fine.

Late in September, the Brewers and Cardinals engaged in an ill-advised beanball battle in a critical game that the Brewers lost, dropping the Cubs' magic number to three. Afterward, Yost insisted, "We still have math on our side." It was vintage Yost. Defiant and dogmatic.

Like I said earlier, a great manager.

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1160 on: May 22, 2008, 06:53:45 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on May 22, 2008, 01:22:08 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/john_donovan/05/22/donovan.yost/1.html

QuoteNothing, though, gets the fans frothing faster than a mention of Yost, the Brewers' clean-cut, square-jawed, maddeningly frustrating manager. He is more than a simple lightning rod for the fans' discontent. He is a lightning rod on top of a dart board on the hottest of hot seats. If Barack Obama has this many fingers pointing his way come November, we'll soon be calling him Mr. President.

QuoteA couple of his former players have called the manager "Nervous Ned," remarking how he gets uptight in pressure situations late in the season or in close games. Yost nearly fought with former Brewers' catcher Johnny Estrada in the dugout last August when Estrada came to the defense of a teammate whom he felt Yost had unfairly criticized. Afterward, Yost typically tried to whitewash the altercation, caught by TV cameras, and insisted everything was fine.

Late in September, the Brewers and Cardinals engaged in an ill-advised beanball battle in a critical game that the Brewers lost, dropping the Cubs' magic number to three. Afterward, Yost insisted, "We still have math on our side." It was vintage Yost. Defiant and dogmatic.

The Brewers should sign him for life.
01/20/2013

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1161 on: May 23, 2008, 06:05:12 AM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on May 22, 2008, 06:53:45 PM
Quote from: Waco Kid on May 22, 2008, 01:22:08 PM

The Brewers should sign him for life.

They should get a ouija board so he can even manage from the afterlife.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

berkeleycubfan

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #1162 on: May 28, 2008, 02:15:51 PM »
There is some sanity in this world after all.

Reds option OF Patterson to minors
"Corey Patterson, the Cincinnati Reds' $3 million mistake..."
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=txredspatterson&prov=st&type=lgns

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #1163 on: May 28, 2008, 03:47:47 PM »
Quote from: berkeleycubfan on May 28, 2008, 02:15:51 PM

Fan-fucking-tastic.  Next Thursday we are having Thirsty Thursday...  $1 beers for two hours before the game...  The beer garden hangs right over center field.  I'm going to shit my pants. 

berkeleycubfan

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #1164 on: May 28, 2008, 03:56:06 PM »
Quote from: powen01 on May 28, 2008, 03:47:47 PM

Fan-fucking-tastic.  Next Thursday we are having Thirsty Thursday...  $1 beers for two hours before the game...  The beer garden hangs right over center field.  I'm going to shit my pants. 

Oh right!  He's going to Louisville.  Lucky powen!

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #1165 on: May 28, 2008, 03:57:47 PM »
Quote from: berkeleycubfan on May 28, 2008, 03:56:06 PM
Quote from: powen01 on May 28, 2008, 03:47:47 PM

Oh right!  He's going to Louisville.  Lucky powen!

Yay?

Taylor2

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1166 on: May 30, 2008, 07:34:47 PM »
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/cardinals/story/412C822009DDBC868625745900119DED?OpenDocument

QuoteBefore Cardinals team doctor George Paletta presented Mark Mulder the results Wednesday of another scan of the pitcher's vexing left shoulder, Mulder was prepared to walk away from more than the room.

Assured that there is nothing apparent in his shoulder that would require a third operation on the rotator cuff, Mulder said he continues to seek a solution to ongoing problems with the joint. The lefthander, who has spent nearly two years in constant rehab, cannot get his arm into the position he needs to pitch effectively.

He said Thursday he would sooner retire than have a third surgery.

QuoteManager Tony La Russa acknowledged Thursday that it's unlikely Mulder will be available before the All-Star break, when just a few months ago there was optimism he would be in the rotation by now. La Russa said after talking with Mulder this week he's less worried about the shoulder than he is the pitcher.

"I am mostly concerned about Mark," La Russa said. "He is a guy who is a great pitcher, and he's dealing with this (crud) for a couple years. Pretty tough to take. This is his career."
01/20/2013

The Paul Popovich Experience

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1167 on: May 31, 2008, 04:05:16 AM »
BC--

I'm worried about these Cardinals, they just refuse to lose. This won't end well. Comments?

RETIRED

Taylor2

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1168 on: May 31, 2008, 09:41:01 AM »
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=756452

QuoteOne of the biggest complaints Ned Yost bashers have had about the Milwaukee Brewers manager is his ability, or inability, to manage the bullpen.

Yost's bullpens have had an earned run average better than the National League average once - 2003 - in his tenure and many blamed him for the bullpen collapse a year ago that helped the team stumble to the finish line and lose the division to the Midwest's version of the Evil Empire, the Chicago Cubs. But that had just as much to do with the starting pitching as it did Yost's handling of the relievers.

Because the Ned couldn't direct traffic down a one way street the Cubs are evil.

QuoteWhen the Brewers signed Jeff Weaver to a minor-league deal, it was believed the club had to call up the right-hander by Sunday, or he could ask for his release.

But after a talk between Weaver's agent, Scott Boras, and Brewers general manager Doug Melvin, the deadline is now June 15.

Weaver is 1-3 with a 6.69 ERA in six starts with Class AAA Nashville.

It's time to bring Jeff up. And he should bring Turdy with him.
01/20/2013

Chuckosan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1169 on: May 31, 2008, 09:42:50 AM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on May 31, 2008, 09:41:01 AM
Because the Ned couldn't direct traffic down a one way street and the Cubs are finally spending like they should have all these years the Cubs are evil.
Steinbrennered,