News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.  ( 550,741 )

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: "Turd Throw" and other stories from the rancid NLC.
« Reply #1245 on: June 11, 2008, 10:42:37 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 11, 2008, 10:40:47 AM
Quote from: Eli on June 11, 2008, 10:11:54 AM
Who knew?

QuoteEyre ran his consecutive scoreless appearance streak to 31 games, tying Ryan Dempster's franchise record.

Looking back through Eyre's game log, he's given up just two runs since July 4 of last year.

I would think a stats-geek like you would see right through this pointless record.  Especially for a LOOGY.

Now, the fact that he hasn't allowed an inherited runner to score and has retired 12 consecutive first hitters he's faced, that's something.

By the way, according to BR, he finished 30th in MVP voting in 2005.

You don't pay attention. Inherited runners is a BS stat. Hits fall in when they fall in. A single is a single and a pitcher is going to give up a freakin' hit now and then. If it comes when he's trying to clean up someone's mess, that sucks even worse.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1246 on: June 11, 2008, 10:44:09 AM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on June 11, 2008, 10:42:37 AM
Who knew?

QuoteEyre ran his consecutive scoreless appearance streak to 31 games, tying Ryan Dempster's franchise record.

Looking back through Eyre's game log, he's given up just two runs since July 4 of last year.

I would think a stats-geek like you would see right through this pointless record.  Especially for a LOOGY.

Now, the fact that he hasn't allowed an inherited runner to score and has retired 12 consecutive first hitters he's faced, that's something.

You don't pay attention. Inherited runners is a BS stat. Hits fall in when they fall in. A single is a single and a pitcher is going to give up a freakin' hit now and then. If it comes when he's trying to clean up someone's mess, that sucks even worse.

That's true.  I don't pay attention.

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1247 on: June 11, 2008, 10:51:27 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 11, 2008, 10:44:09 AM
Who knew?

too much goes over your head.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1248 on: June 11, 2008, 11:15:19 AM »
Quote from: PTanner on June 11, 2008, 10:51:27 AM
Quote from: Oleg on June 11, 2008, 10:44:09 AM
Who knew?

too much goes over your head.

Understandable since he lives under a bridge.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1249 on: June 11, 2008, 11:21:09 AM »
Who knew?

That's just silly.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1250 on: June 11, 2008, 11:22:10 AM »
Who knew?

I think that inherited runners scored tells you something...

It's just that it tells you something a pitcher's K/inning and ground ball/fly ball ratio tells you.  It might also tell you something about how well a reliever pitches with runners on compared to the bases empty...which is probably useful information.

But otherwise, I agree.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1251 on: June 11, 2008, 11:32:09 AM »
Who knew?

I just thought it was interesting.  It means the guy is doing his job, and that's a good thing.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1252 on: June 11, 2008, 12:05:18 PM »

Additionally, I feel like I'm being mocked here.  Oleg has me all hyper-sensitive lately.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1253 on: June 11, 2008, 12:11:50 PM »
Quote from: Eli on June 11, 2008, 12:05:18 PM

Additionally, I feel like I'm being mocked here.  Oleg has me all hyper-sensitive lately.

Actually, I thought you raised a good point. Don't let Oleg get to you. Guard your ankles, and you'll be fine.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1254 on: June 11, 2008, 12:54:45 PM »
Quote from: The Paul Popovich Experience on June 11, 2008, 01:02:05 AM
Quote from: butthead on June 11, 2008, 12:31:04 AM
He might as well get that bad elbow fixed up while he's get a bad wheel. There's no time like the present for season ending surgery, Poo-holes.

Doesn't matter. Pujols goes down, Cards will just plug some worthless schlub in his place, and said schlub will suddenly discover he has Lou Gehrig's mojo and will hit fucking 400 the rest of the season and bang out like 90 home runs or something. Seems like every dickwad that is completely worthless on any other team, gets to the Cards, and now they decide to play like all-stars. I don't like it, no, not one bit.

So is BC actually PPE or is PPE actually BC?

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1255 on: June 11, 2008, 01:18:32 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on June 11, 2008, 12:54:45 PM
He might as well get that bad elbow fixed up while he's get a bad wheel. There's no time like the present for season ending surgery, Poo-holes.

Doesn't matter. Pujols goes down, Cards will just plug some worthless schlub in his place, and said schlub will suddenly discover he has Lou Gehrig's mojo and will hit fucking 400 the rest of the season and bang out like 90 home runs or something. Seems like every dickwad that is completely worthless on any other team, gets to the Cards, and now they decide to play like all-stars. I don't like it, no, not one bit.

I thought BC was Andy. Are you telling me PPE is Andy?

The Paul Popovich Experience

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1256 on: June 11, 2008, 02:16:06 PM »
Quote from: ChuckDickens on June 11, 2008, 01:18:32 PM
Quote from: Shooter on June 11, 2008, 12:54:45 PM

I thought BC was Andy. Are you telling me PPE is Andy?

Actually, Andy is carloszno1fan and BC is Teh Paul. I am definitely not Mike D. I am of course, this guy:

RETIRED

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1257 on: June 11, 2008, 03:35:57 PM »
I am the walrus.

And I don't like getting shit on.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #1258 on: June 11, 2008, 03:38:53 PM »
Quote from: Mike D on June 11, 2008, 03:35:57 PM
I am the walrus.

And I don't like getting shit on.

Nobody likes getting shit on...that's where the humiliation part comes in.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1259 on: June 11, 2008, 03:59:16 PM »

Will you settle for out until the All Star Break?  From the Post Dispatch:

QuoteCINCINNATI -- Cardinals first baseman Albert Pujols has been diagnosed as
suffering from a moderate strain of the left calf and is expected to miss a
minimum of three weeks, according to club sources.

Pujols aggravated what had been rated a minor strain when breaking from the
batter's box on a seventh-inning ground ball Tuesday night against the
Cincinnati Reds at Great American Ball Park.

He was carried from the field and returned Wednesday morning to St. Louis to be
examined by team medical supervisor Dr. George Paletta.

Paletta examined Pujols early this afternoon and immediately notified general
manager John Mozeliak of his diagnosis.

The Cardinals placed Pujols on the disabled list and promoted Chris Duncan from
Triple-A Memphis to take his place. Duncan is in tonight's lineup at first base
and hitting sixth.

The Cardinals classified the strain as between a Grade I and Grade II. A Grade
III indicates the muscle has detached form the bone. A Grade II suggests some
but not complete tearing.

Pujols, who has endured only one previous stay on the disabled list during an
8-year career, is likely to remain out through the All-Star break, suggested
one source.

Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.