News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Please add joyful positive here!!!!  ( 103,847 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Please add joyful positive here!!!!
« Reply #570 on: October 22, 2015, 01:13:05 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on October 22, 2015, 11:23:23 AM
Quote from: Bort on October 22, 2015, 12:43:45 AM
One day Daniel Murphy will be on his deathbed, and at the instant his death rattle begins, in a moment of clarity, he'll realize he was dead wrong about what God wants and where he was going after he died.

Is that joyful and positive enough?

Hope that day is today.
I would rather see his supply of steroids run out as he returned to being Daniel Murphy.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #571 on: October 22, 2015, 02:14:40 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 22, 2015, 01:13:05 PM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on October 22, 2015, 11:23:23 AM
Quote from: Bort on October 22, 2015, 12:43:45 AM
One day Daniel Murphy will be on his deathbed, and at the instant his death rattle begins, in a moment of clarity, he'll realize he was dead wrong about what God wants and where he was going after he died.

Is that joyful and positive enough?

Hope that day is today.
I would rather see his supply of steroids run out as he returned to being Daniel Murphy.

Stew, much as I hate to piss on your righteous indignation... I'm not sure this is how steroids work, old chum.  It is, however, how sheer, uncontrollable, infuriating, fucking awful dumb fucking luck works.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #572 on: October 24, 2015, 02:18:52 PM »
DPD. Kyle Schwarber's aggregated post-season line this year:

G    AB    R    H   TB   HR   RBI   BB   AVG    OBP    SLG    OPS
9    27    6    9    24     5    8    4     .333   .419    .889   1.308

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #573 on: October 26, 2015, 07:35:10 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 24, 2015, 02:18:52 PM
DPD. Kyle Schwarber's aggregated post-season line this year:

G    AB    R    H   TB   HR   RBI   BB   AVG    OBP    SLG    OPS
9    27    6    9    24     5    8    4     .333   .419    .889   1.308

He and Soler had Octobers that should keep us all turgid until pitchers and catchers.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #574 on: October 28, 2015, 02:30:32 AM »
Being ahead going into the bottom of the ninth, only for your previously-untouchable closer to cough up a game-tying dinger?  And then to lose the game in the fourteenth on an unearned run after your golden boy threw the ball away?

That's gotta sting, eh?  Jeezo.

EDIT: Holy shit, I just saw the Escobar inside-the-park-off-the-first-pitch-the-Royals-saw home run.  What the fuck?  Cespedes got there and then, with his hands by his sides, literally kicked it - as in, volleyed it with his boot - far, far away into left field.  I can only assume he lost sight of the ball.  I certainly have no idea how it wasn't called an error: it wasn't quite a routine fly ball, but it should definitely have been an out.

EDIT EDIT: Having watched it again, it appears that Cespedes takes his eye off the ball to make sure he's not going to collide with Conforto, and then never finds it again.  Fucking pussy.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #575 on: October 28, 2015, 08:04:56 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 28, 2015, 02:30:32 AM
Being ahead going into the bottom of the ninth, only for your previously-untouchable closer to cough up a game-tying dinger?  And then to lose the game in the fourteenth on an unearned run after your golden boy threw the ball away?

EDIT: Holy shit, I just saw the Escobar inside-the-park-off-the-first-pitch-the-Royals-saw home run.  What the fuck?  Cespedes got there and then, with his hands by his sides, literally kicked it - as in, volleyed it with his boot - far, far away into left field.  I can only assume he lost sight of the ball.  I certainly have no idea how it wasn't called an error: it wasn't quite a routine fly ball, but it should definitely have been an out.

EDIT EDIT: Having watched it again, it appears that Cespedes takes his eye off the ball to make sure he's not going to collide with Conforto, and then never finds it again.  Fucking pussy.

I celebrated Gordon's homer like it was ours. Kinda sad but that's life.

Future Cub Alex Gordon.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #576 on: October 28, 2015, 08:06:42 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 28, 2015, 08:04:56 AM

Future Cub Alex Gordon.

If Soler has to be traded for pitching, and they don't want to pay the Heyward premium, re-signing Fowler and adding Gordon would be pretty cool. I've always liked him a lot.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #577 on: October 28, 2015, 08:17:09 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 28, 2015, 08:06:42 AM

Future Cub Alex Gordon.

If Soler has to be traded for pitching, and they don't want to pay the Heyward premium, re-signing Fowler and adding Gordon would be pretty cool. I've always liked him a lot.

Is it just me, or does Gordon's official MLB portrait look like Chris Elliot?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #578 on: October 28, 2015, 09:24:47 PM »

Future Cub Alex Gordon.

This is a good way to take a cool, fun team and make it significantly less so for no fucking reason - other than that pitching you're promising. It better be some real, sustainable upgrade or this scenario would depress the hell out of me.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #579 on: October 28, 2015, 09:28:01 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on October 28, 2015, 09:24:47 PM

Future Cub Alex Gordon.

This is a good way to take a cool, fun team and make it significantly less so for no fucking reason - other than that pitching you're promising. It better be some real, sustainable upgrade or this scenario would depress the hell out of me.

I am on team "don't trade Jorge" but if he gets moved it would be for a damn good pitcher. They'd never sell low on him.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #580 on: October 28, 2015, 09:39:36 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 28, 2015, 09:28:01 PM

Future Cub Alex Gordon.

I am on team "don't trade Jorge" but if he gets moved it would be for a damn good pitcher. They'd never sell low on him.

Jake Arrietas grow on trees. They should just shake that one again and see if another Pedro Strop falls out with it. Trading Soler for some longhaired, skinny cunt who's headed for Tommy John surgery would be like watching Maddux walk again. If Maddux were a giant, Cuban superhero with a fat gold chain. Schwarber too. I don't want either of them traded. There has to be a better way.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #581 on: October 29, 2015, 03:24:54 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on October 28, 2015, 09:39:36 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 28, 2015, 09:28:01 PM

Future Cub Alex Gordon.

Jake Arrietas grow on trees. They should just shake that one again and see if another Pedro Strop falls out with it. Trading Soler for some longhaired, skinny cunt who's headed for Tommy John surgery would be like watching Maddux walk again. If Maddux were a giant, Cuban superhero with a fat gold chain. Schwarber too. I don't want either of them traded. There has to be a better way.

I love Jorge, but comparing him to Maddux, Peck?  Sounds to me like you need a nice sit down and a cup of tea.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #582 on: October 29, 2015, 08:34:53 AM »
If Jepstink wanted to trade either of these guys, Cole Hamels would be a Cub.
TIME TO POST!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #583 on: October 29, 2015, 09:34:36 AM »
This is a good way to take a cool, fun team and make it significantly less so for no fucking reason

What's more cool and fun than winning though?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #584 on: October 29, 2015, 09:40:48 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 29, 2015, 09:34:36 AM
This is a good way to take a cool, fun team and make it significantly less so for no fucking reason

What's more cool and fun than winning though?

I also enjoyed how "getting pitching" which they sorely need because Jason Hammel started a win or go home playoff game, is "no fucking reason"

I mean hell, I'd like to live in a Chuckian Utopia where the Ricketts just scream "fuck bitches, get money" and sign every pitcher in sight and the Cubs never have to trade a guy like Jorge and can just keep collecting veteran arms and writing them off when they finally fall apart. In the real world they probably need a Tyson Ross or Carlos Corrasco and if Jorge is the only way to get one (and they replace Jorge with a Heyward or Gordon) then that's hardly something to get suicidal over.