News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: CIN, HOU, MIL, PIT, CHC all pisspoor in 2009.  ( 104,503 )

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: CIN, HOU, MIL, PIT, STL all pisspoor in 2009.
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2009, 07:09:36 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on March 06, 2009, 06:57:01 PM
Quote from: CBStew on March 06, 2009, 06:38:17 PM
Every year son number three goes to Las Vegas and puts $20 on the Cubs for his dad.  Last year it would have paid $120.  Each time he does that he gets a ticket and a smirk from the clerk who sells the tickets.  Although not a Cub fan my son was rooting for them so he could bring the ticket back to the same clerk and ask who was smirking now?  We know the answer.  I have decided that it is the $20 bets that are jinxing us.  I asked him to do me a favor and not buy a ticket on the Cubs this year.

Sweet, October is going to be awesome this time.

Seriously - is your son a Giants fan? They ain't done much better the last 60 years or so.

They're oh-for-California.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2009, 07:47:56 PM »
Every year son number three goes to Las Vegas and puts $20 on the Cubs for his dad.  Last year it would have paid $120.  Each time he does that he gets a ticket and a smirk from the clerk who sells the tickets.  Although not a Cub fan my son was rooting for them so he could bring the ticket back to the same clerk and ask who was smirking now?  We know the answer.  I have decided that it is the $20 bets that are jinxing us.  I asked him to do me a favor and not buy a ticket on the Cubs this year.

Seriously - is your son a Giants fan? They ain't done much better the last 60 years or so.

That son is an As' fan.  They've done alright in his lifetime.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2009, 07:50:28 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 06, 2009, 07:47:56 PM

That son is an As' fan.  They've done alright in his lifetime.

Yeah well Sean Gallagher sucks. Or he slept with Weebs. Something else bad.

Bonk

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2009, 08:13:25 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on March 06, 2009, 10:57:28 AM
Quote from: BH on March 06, 2009, 10:34:20 AM
"Jacque Jones played his first professional game at first base Thursday.
"It's a fun change for me," Jones said, "a lot of action. You're involved in almost every play." If Dusty Baker falls in love with using the veteran Jones, it would come at the expense of talented young players Chris Dickerson and Joey Votto. Even Baker isn't likely to do that.
Related: Joey Votto, Chris Dickerson"

So this is as good a time as any to trade Votto off my roto team?

No, but there won't be anyone on base when he bats because his current butt buddy is Willy Taveras, a typical Dusty guy that can't hit a lick. With him first and Jeff Keppinger/Alex Gonzalez/Chris Dickerson hitting second, Votto could hit 20 homers and drive in 25.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2009, 08:15:41 PM »
Stew, it's not who you're betting for. The problem is you're not betting ENOUGH.
Tap a Home Equity Loan and go for a couple hundred grand.
World Series here we come...
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2009, 12:31:33 AM »
Rick Ankiel met some padding tonight: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4138797 and it was pretty brutal, as I'm sure you've all seen. I was at this game and it looked pretty bad at the time. I wasn't able to see a replay until I got back as the Jumbotron didn't show a replay, not that I expected it.

Also, it was nice to see Local Guy Jayson Werth have a double and HR in the game. Fuck the Cardinals

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2009, 02:10:26 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on May 05, 2009, 12:31:33 AM
Rick Ankiel met some padding tonight: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4138797 and it was pretty brutal, as I'm sure you've all seen. I was at this game and it looked pretty bad at the time. I wasn't able to see a replay until I got back as the Jumbotron didn't show a replay, not that I expected it.

That looked scary, but...

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090504&content_id=4559854

QuoteAccording to a statement the club released late on Monday night, Ankiel underwent X-rays and a CT scan of his head, neck and back, and all were negative and showed no fractures.

Cardinals general manager John Mozeliak said that Ankiel had movement and feeling in his arms and legs, and that according to the team's head physician, Dr. George Paletta, Ankiel never lost consciousness on the play. A club official said that Ankiel checked out as "neurologically intact" both on the field and at the hospital.

So it's okay to make fun of him now?
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

RW

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2009, 02:55:38 AM »
I guess HGH does prevent broken necks?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2009, 07:02:34 AM »
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WON'T YOU PLEASE LET THIS THREAD DIE?  WHY DO YOU KEEP PICKING AT MY SCABS?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2009, 07:29:44 AM »
Quote from: Tonk on May 05, 2009, 07:02:34 AM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WON'T YOU PLEASE LET THIS THREAD DIE?  WHY DO YOU KEEP PICKING AT MY SCABS?

Some penarse thought it would be droll to lock the bloody Turdthrow thread after the bastard got released again. So this is the shite we're left with.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2009, 07:54:48 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on May 05, 2009, 07:29:44 AM

Some penarse thought it would be droll to lock the bloody Turdthrow thread after the bastard got released again. So this is the shite we're left with.

Someone's been listening to The Streets, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2009, 07:56:34 AM »
Quote from: Tank on May 05, 2009, 02:10:26 AM
Quote from: IrishYeti on May 05, 2009, 12:31:33 AM

That looked scary, but...

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090504&content_id=4559854

QuoteAccording to a statement the club released late on Monday night, Ankiel underwent X-rays and a CT scan of his head, neck and back, and all were negative and showed no fractures.

Cardinals general manager John Mozeliak said that Ankiel had movement and feeling in his arms and legs, and that according to the team's head physician, Dr. George Paletta, Ankiel never lost consciousness on the play. A club official said that Ankiel checked out as "neurologically intact" both on the field and at the hospital.

So it's okay to make fun of him now?

They knew he was "neurologically intact" when he insisted he'd find his own way home after The Genius offered him a ride.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2009, 07:58:32 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on May 05, 2009, 07:54:48 AM

Peck kinda looks like him.. if he were black of course.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2009, 07:59:28 AM »

Not me. Although I used to.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2009, 08:44:04 AM »
Quote from: BH on May 05, 2009, 07:58:32 AM

Peck kinda looks like him.. if he were black of course.

Peck? 
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.