News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Score some fucking runs thread  ( 133,519 )

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Score some fucking runs thread
« Reply #405 on: July 22, 2009, 08:52:02 AM »
Quote from: RV on July 22, 2009, 08:49:33 AM
First of all, the 11 hits and two runs in 22 innings have just been a pleasure to watch. Not that we should be surprised at this point. 13th in the NL in runs scored, 11th in OPS, and last in average with RISP.

Second of all, while this team clearly needs some hitting, either from the current group of hoopleheads or outside the organization (even for, god forbid, a good right handed hitter), did anyone else think it's whiny of him to be bitching about it in the press? Or has the slapdick offense just put me in a foul mood?

Quote"The only thing I talked about last season was a need for a left- hand bat in a predominantly right-handed lineup who could hit the ball for power and drive in some runs," he said. "You look at our production last year and it was mainly from the right side.

"We didn't bring [ Jim] Edmonds back and Edmonds hit quite a few home runs, so we needed a left-handed bat. That's it. That was what I mentioned, that we could use a nice productive left-hand bat in the middle of our right-handed hitting."

Piniella paused for some time before finishing his thoughts and finally said:

"Look, we still need a left-hand bat who can hit for some power and drive in runs."

They won 97 games last year with a mostly right-handed hitting lineup.  The problem was that nobody--right or left-handed--hit in the playoffs.

Lou's starting to sound as stupid as Dusty.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #406 on: July 22, 2009, 08:55:28 AM »
Quote from: MAD on July 22, 2009, 08:52:02 AM
First of all, the 11 hits and two runs in 22 innings have just been a pleasure to watch. Not that we should be surprised at this point. 13th in the NL in runs scored, 11th in OPS, and last in average with RISP.

Second of all, while this team clearly needs some hitting, either from the current group of hoopleheads or outside the organization (even for, god forbid, a good right handed hitter), did anyone else think it's whiny of him to be bitching about it in the press? Or has the slapdick offense just put me in a foul mood?

Quote"The only thing I talked about last season was a need for a left- hand bat in a predominantly right-handed lineup who could hit the ball for power and drive in some runs," he said. "You look at our production last year and it was mainly from the right side.

"We didn't bring [ Jim] Edmonds back and Edmonds hit quite a few home runs, so we needed a left-handed bat. That's it. That was what I mentioned, that we could use a nice productive left-hand bat in the middle of our right-handed hitting."

"Look, we still need a left-hand bat who can hit for some power and drive in runs."

They won 97 games last year with a mostly right-handed hitting lineup.  The problem was that nobody--right or left-handed--hit in the playoffs.

Agreed. If Lee, Soto, Ramirez, and Soriano all were in the lineup and hitting like they did last year you wouldn't hear a god damn peep about left handed hitting.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #407 on: July 22, 2009, 09:01:01 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 22, 2009, 08:55:28 AM

Agreed. If Lee, Soto, Ramirez, and Soriano all were in the lineup and hitting like they did last year you wouldn't hear a god damn peep about left handed hitting.

I'd rather have this year's Lee. But understand where you're going.

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #408 on: July 22, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »

All he did was answer a question put to him in a press conference. I don't think it's whiny at all.

And the fact that they would have been better off bringing back Jim Edmonds is either funny as hell or fucking painful. I still haven't figured out which one.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #409 on: July 22, 2009, 09:08:51 AM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on July 22, 2009, 09:03:00 AM

All he did was answer a question put to him in a press conference. I don't think it's whiny at all.

And the fact that they would have been better off bringing back Jim Edmonds is either funny as hell or fucking painful. I still haven't figured out which one.

You've been looking at Jimmy's home and away splits for this year haven't you? You pervert.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #410 on: July 22, 2009, 09:16:48 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 22, 2009, 09:08:51 AM
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on July 22, 2009, 09:03:00 AM

You've been looking at Jimmy's home and away splits for this year haven't you? You pervert.

You caught me. Shit.

I will now go light myself on fire for even bringing Lassie up.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #411 on: July 22, 2009, 10:15:15 AM »

Agreed. If Lee, Soto, Bradley, Ramirez, and Soriano all were in the lineup and hitting like they did last year you wouldn't hear a god damn peep about left handed hitting.

DPLee is better this year than last year'd

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #412 on: July 22, 2009, 10:31:10 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on July 22, 2009, 10:15:15 AM

Quote from: BH on July 22, 2009, 09:01:01 AM

Agreed. If Lee, Soto, Bradley, Ramirez, and Soriano all were in the lineup and hitting like they did last year you wouldn't hear a god damn peep about left handed hitting.

Face.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #413 on: July 22, 2009, 10:33:58 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 22, 2009, 10:31:10 AM

Face.

Mods?? Who's getting faced here? I wrote the same damn thing Yeti wrote!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #414 on: July 22, 2009, 10:40:51 AM »
That's why Yeti's getting faced.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #415 on: July 22, 2009, 10:42:09 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 22, 2009, 10:40:51 AM

Thank you. Love your work at start kyle orton.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #416 on: July 22, 2009, 10:48:27 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 22, 2009, 10:31:10 AM

Face.

Goddamnit

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #417 on: July 22, 2009, 11:11:46 AM »
Quote from: BH on July 22, 2009, 10:42:09 AM
Quote from: SKO on July 22, 2009, 10:40:51 AM

Thank you. Love your work at start kyle orton.

Always nice to meet a fan.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #418 on: April 11, 2010, 06:50:29 PM »
Yet another previous thread celebrating the shittiness of the Cubs that deserves to be BUMPED.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #419 on: April 11, 2010, 07:53:36 PM »
Marlon Byrd left 8 on today.