News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The 2010 Cubs Free Agent and Roster Moves Thread: SAVEENG OUR KUBBEEZ!!11  ( 157,716 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
DeLuca's column in today's SunTimes doesn't say anything new.  But he says it well.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/deluca/1726124,CST-SPT-deluca20.article
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
That's it. DaveB must be behind "Steve Stone's" Twitter account. Or, maybe Steve Stone is behind this DaveB account and this is all an act. Either way, whoever is behind this "DaveB" character is making my brain hurt from the  unabashed ignorance.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: ChuckD on August 20, 2009, 12:01:21 PM
That's it. DaveB must be behind "Steve Stone's" Twitter account. Or, maybe Steve Stone is behind this DaveB account and this is all an act. Either way, whoever is behind this "DaveB" character is making my brain hurt from the  unabashed ignorance.

Steve Stone's Twitter account makes me extremely hopeful that he gets a major league GM jorb. As long as it's not with the Cubs.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CBStew on August 20, 2009, 11:55:27 AM
DeLuca's column in today's SunTimes doesn't say anything new.  But he says it well.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/deluca/1726124,CST-SPT-deluca20.article

The true cause of the Cubs' downfall is mentioned...

QuoteTinkering so much with the lineup -- including allowing veteran catcher Henry Blanco, a mentor for Geovany Soto, to walk away -- ruined the chemistry of this club.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

"Unabashed ignorance"? Because I think that Milton Bradley's failure to come close to his offensive performance of 2008 (or many of his other years where he actually played 100 games) is a contributing factor in the Cubs' dismal 2009 season? Because I think that someone who got paid what he did should put some better offensive numbers other than OBP or draw walks? I wasn't a Bradley-basher to start with, but it's pretty obvious that he hasn't had close to the year they were expecting when they signed him. His injuries and offensive slump at mid-season forced the Cubs to play some lesser player in the OF in his absence/benching.

Chuck D, I'll put up my baseball experience/knowledge against yours, any day, anywhere. I don't come on this site to bash other commenters with some knee-jerk heckling just for the sake of riling somebody up. But if you call me ignorant, then I'm going to yap back.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Dave B on August 20, 2009, 12:50:56 PM
That's it. DaveB must be behind "Steve Stone's" Twitter account. Or, maybe Steve Stone is behind this DaveB account and this is all an act. Either way, whoever is behind this "DaveB" character is making my brain hurt from the  unabashed ignorance.

"Unabashed ignorance"? Because I think that Milton Bradley's failure to come close to his offensive performance of 2008 (or many of his other years where he actually played 100 games) is a contributing factor in the Cubs' dismal 2009 season? Because I think that someone who got paid what he did should put some better offensive numbers other than OBP or draw walks? I wasn't a Bradley-basher to start with, but it's pretty obvious that he hasn't had close to the year they were expecting when they signed him. His injuries and offensive slump at mid-season forced the Cubs to play some lesser player in the OF in his absence/benching.

Chuck D, I'll put up my baseball experience/knowledge against yours, any day, anywhere. I don't come on this site to bash other commenters with some knee-jerk heckling just for the sake of riling somebody up. But if you call me ignorant, then I'm going to yap back.

Hey, DaveB.  Walks are good.  If you want to finger point, aim your stubby nubbins at Aramis missing 50 games and Alfonso Soriano being the kind of terrible only Chuck could imagine in a wet dream.  Bradley GETTING ON BASE near 40% of the time is not a reason why the Cubs are six behind the Cardinals.  Waiting to put him in a higher spot in the lineup to better utilize his high OBP is a good argument to use for the Cubs lineup not producing.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Chuck D, I'll put up my baseball experience/knowledge against yours, any day, anywhere.

And you will fail in an epic, hilarious fashion.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on August 20, 2009, 01:00:12 PM
Chuck D, I'll put up my baseball experience/knowledge against yours, any day, anywhere.

But if they both put their pictures up, who would get laid more?
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

DaveB is Jim Tocco?

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Jon on August 20, 2009, 01:01:12 PM

Only pics I want to see are from Gil's computer

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Man, when you guys smell blood in the water, you're ruthless.

I like Dave B., even though his Theriot love is totally bizarre.
Hire Jim Essian!

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: IrishYeti on August 20, 2009, 01:07:00 PM
Quote from: Jon on August 20, 2009, 01:01:12 PM

Only pics I want to see are from Gil's computer

Let me guess, you want a picture of the strip club buffet?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Kermit, B. on August 20, 2009, 01:09:01 PM

You better watch your ass, you Chicago NOW reject.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Kerm, I'll put up my blood-smelling abilities against yours, any day, in any body of water.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on August 20, 2009, 01:10:49 PM

You better watch your ass, you Chicago NOW reject.

Who is this Bad Kermit, and why should I trust him?
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche