News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 591,817 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #3675 on: January 16, 2016, 07:08:45 AM »
Quote from: R-V on January 15, 2016, 01:40:46 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on January 15, 2016, 01:32:15 PM
I still think that Trump's entire candidacy is some kind of twisted social experiment. Based on his long history of being a democrat/supporter of liberals, I believe he is taking his stances with the intention of being as incendiary as possible. As each incendiary comment results in people supporting him more, he is simply turning up the dial to see how far he can go before people start to pull back.

I don't believe he has a chance in hell of being elected, but even if he did... I suspect he'd be a stealth moderate. However, while I suspect that, I would rather the country not risk it.

Is this a joke at Huey's expense? If it is, well played. If it's not, uh...

I'm not arguing that I'm probably right. It's just really hard to accept that anybody can be that legitimately fascist.
M'lady.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3676 on: January 16, 2016, 02:30:24 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 16, 2016, 07:08:45 AM
I still think that Trump's entire candidacy is some kind of twisted social experiment. Based on his long history of being a democrat/supporter of liberals, I believe he is taking his stances with the intention of being as incendiary as possible. As each incendiary comment results in people supporting him more, he is simply turning up the dial to see how far he can go before people start to pull back.

I don't believe he has a chance in hell of being elected, but even if he did... I suspect he'd be a stealth moderate. However, while I suspect that, I would rather the country not risk it.

I'm not arguing that I'm probably right. It's just really hard to accept that anybody can be that legitimately fascist.

Eh, I don't find it that hard to accept.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3677 on: January 16, 2016, 07:02:17 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 16, 2016, 02:30:24 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on January 16, 2016, 07:08:45 AM

Eh, I don't find it that hard to accept.

Yeah. I've pretty much internalized that realization completely.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3678 on: January 18, 2016, 09:41:16 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 15, 2016, 12:27:27 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on January 15, 2016, 11:48:33 AM
Quote from: Oleg on January 15, 2016, 11:45:30 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on January 15, 2016, 11:19:53 AM
Quote from: PANK! on January 15, 2016, 11:09:50 AM
I have no problem voting for Hillary Clinton for President.

Because of your support for her or because of who you'd be voting against?

I, for one, don't think she's so bad.  Not perfect but I can definitely come up with reasons to vote for her instead of against the GOP.  Not that I need much to vote against the GOP.

Hence my question, in this judgement free space here.  Trying to gauge if he actually supports her or just finds her a much better alternative.

Personally, I think she's vile.  Maybe 5% better than Trump in terms of character (though I clearly favor her policies.)

The fact that Trump is running as a full-on Fascist and is polling well might be the worst reflection of this country we've ever had.

Other than the slavery and American Indian genocide things, might be.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3679 on: January 20, 2016, 02:11:51 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 12, 2016, 07:58:54 PM
I have a coworker that calls off all the damn time... so, I admit it, I just totaled up her call offs. In the 2 years she's been here, we have had 514 work days and she has called off the entire day 84 times. She has missed 2 or more hours in a day (really 3 hours because she rolls her lunch into that) 42 times other than that.

Bright side is that she gets docked for the time she doesn't have, so there's some justice in the world

Much of her call offs were due to her struggles with Bi-Polar, Manic Depression, and Season Affective Disorder, as I've now discovered....

And she tried to commit suicide last night. I'm a wonderful person

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3680 on: January 20, 2016, 02:27:59 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 20, 2016, 02:11:51 PM
I have a coworker that calls off all the damn time... so, I admit it, I just totaled up her call offs. In the 2 years she's been here, we have had 514 work days and she has called off the entire day 84 times. She has missed 2 or more hours in a day (really 3 hours because she rolls her lunch into that) 42 times other than that.

Bright side is that she gets docked for the time she doesn't have, so there's some justice in the world

Much of her call offs were due to her struggles with Bi-Polar, Manic Depression, and Season Affective Disorder, as I've now discovered....

I assume she missed work today, so did you add that to the running total, too?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3681 on: January 20, 2016, 04:00:30 PM »

That's an awful lot of attention paid to a woman who's of age. You ok, Yeti?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3682 on: January 20, 2016, 04:50:56 PM »

So, like allergies?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3683 on: January 20, 2016, 05:12:40 PM »
Quote from: Eli on January 20, 2016, 02:27:59 PM

I assume she missed work today, so did you add that to the running total, too?

No I stopped that. In my defense every day that she missed work I had to cover her job since it had to be done daily. That was usually at least 6 to 8 hours of work each day.  So basically I had to neglect my job for almost 100 days in two years. Couple that with the odd trend I noticed which was that anytime I took off more than two days she would call off either the day before or the two days before I left for that trip. So, I'll admit there was a fair amount of resentment.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3684 on: January 21, 2016, 02:45:55 AM »
This is the most I've ever looked forward to a Cubs season, ever, and that might actually scare me a little bit.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3685 on: January 21, 2016, 09:01:23 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on January 21, 2016, 02:45:55 AM
This is the most I've ever looked forward to a Cubs season, ever, and that might actually scare me a little bit.

I totally get it - and depending on the day you ask me I might agree with you - but fuck that, I'm done being nervous/scared/filled with doom. This is going to be a great team.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3686 on: January 21, 2016, 09:16:06 AM »
Quote from: R-V on January 21, 2016, 09:01:23 AM

I totally get it - and depending on the day you ask me I might agree with you - but fuck that, I'm done being nervous/scared/filled with doom. This is going to be a great team.

I felt like that in 1985 and 1992. This feels different. And better.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3687 on: January 21, 2016, 09:28:09 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 21, 2016, 09:16:06 AM

I was so excited for 2004, but we know how that turned out.  This lineup and front office is keeping the "I've seen it too many times" syndrome to a minimum.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3688 on: January 21, 2016, 09:34:27 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on January 21, 2016, 09:28:09 AM

I was so excited for 2004, but we know how that turned out.  This lineup and front office is keeping the "I've seen it too many times" syndrome to a minimum.

The fact that they have a young roster, plenty of pitching (on paper), a manager who does his job better than any other in the game, a front office that won't panic and throw away talent to compound whatever unforeseen problems arise means that any struggles will be at most temporary.

2004 had EVERYTHING resting on the starting rotation dominating and a heavily right-handed and veteran lineup producing enough runs to compensate for a trash ass bullpen and inept field boss. I don't remember much about 1992. I was busy obsessing about the NBA and drugs and trying to lose my virginity.

This shit is so different. We're all grown up now.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3689 on: January 21, 2016, 09:47:56 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 21, 2016, 09:34:27 AM
Quote from: thehawk on January 21, 2016, 09:28:09 AM

I was so excited for 2004, but we know how that turned out.  This lineup and front office is keeping the "I've seen it too many times" syndrome to a minimum.

The fact that they have a young roster, plenty of pitching (on paper), a manager who does his job better than any other in the game, a front office that won't panic and throw away talent to compound whatever unforeseen problems arise means that any struggles will be at most temporary.

2004 had EVERYTHING resting on the starting rotation dominating and a heavily right-handed and veteran lineup producing enough runs to compensate for a trash ass bullpen and inept field boss. I don't remember much about 1992. I was busy obsessing about the NBA and drugs and trying to lose my virginity.

This shit is so different. We're all grown up now.

Yeah I take comfort in knowing that more things have to go wrong than right for this team to not be good. One starting pitcher injury, even Arrieta, shouldn't sink them. They could lose Kris Bryant and probably still be a playoff team. Maybe not prohibitive favorites like they are now, maybe not a 95+ win team, but still in contention with Zobrist or Baez or whomever at 3rd every day. There's depth almost everywhere.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015