News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 591,418 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #3945 on: May 09, 2016, 10:27:24 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on May 06, 2016, 05:30:57 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on May 06, 2016, 04:21:02 PM
I'm not paying as much attention to prospects.

PenFact's truth checker says: PANTS ON FIRE

Your need to respond to all my posts is a little weird.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3946 on: May 16, 2016, 10:39:09 AM »
I still really like Andrew McCutchen.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3947 on: May 16, 2016, 04:48:27 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on May 16, 2016, 10:39:09 AM
With fava beans and a nice claret?  (Intrepid reader Hannibal Lecter)
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3948 on: May 16, 2016, 08:13:50 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 16, 2016, 04:48:27 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on May 16, 2016, 10:39:09 AM
With fava beans and a nice claret?  (Intrepid reader Hannibal Lecter)

A nice Chianti Stew.
You've spent too much time in California wine country.

Which makes me envy you.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3949 on: May 23, 2016, 12:39:48 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 29, 2016, 11:43:39 AM
I bought one of those "Try not to suck" t-shirts.

The money went to charity.

Which turned out to be an INCREDIBLY bad idea, because I won't wear the shirt in front of my kids, so it basically just sits in my drawer. 

Not well thought out, PenFoe. 

Still went to charity, I guess.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3950 on: May 23, 2016, 01:50:50 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 23, 2016, 12:39:48 PM

Which turned out to be an INCREDIBLY bad idea, because I won't wear the shirt in front of my kids, so it basically just sits in my drawer. 

I'm still new at the dad thing, but why can't you wear it in front of the kids? Is "suck" a bad word? Maybe I'm just a bad dad.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3951 on: May 23, 2016, 01:59:19 PM »
Quote from: Tony on May 23, 2016, 01:50:50 PM

I'm still new at the dad thing, but why can't you wear it in front of the kids? Is "suck" a bad word? Maybe I'm just a bad dad.
I saw one at the game last night.  It was pink.  That is a good reason for not wearing it.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3952 on: May 23, 2016, 02:01:34 PM »

Because once your kid realizes that's a word that might make you or other adults even slightly uncomfortable they will repeat it ad nauseam until they find a word that is worse.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3953 on: May 23, 2016, 02:03:31 PM »
Quote from: CT III on May 23, 2016, 02:01:34 PM

Because once your kid realizes that's a word that might make you or other adults even slightly uncomfortable they will repeat it ad nauseam until they find a word that is worse.

My nephew has a habit of saying goddammit...

Stub your toe? He says "Goddammit, Seano, Goddammit"

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3954 on: May 23, 2016, 02:20:29 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on May 23, 2016, 02:03:31 PM

As a young father a Saturday afternoon came up when I was left in charge of my two eldest while mrs. flannj was out for a well deserved afternoon with girlfriends.
After getting them fed, laundry done, all the household list taken care of and the younger one down for a nap I proceeded to grab a beer and relax in front of the TV and I put on a video of "Goodfellas" for another watching while the older son played with his Tonkas and Legos next to me.

Mrs. flannj returned later that afternoon to her previously adorable son walking around the house experimenting with the new word he had learned that day.

Let me assure you that having your wife arrive home with her 3 year old son proclaiming "fuck,fuck,fuck,fuck,fuck,fuck" for an entire evening will test even the best of marriages.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3955 on: May 23, 2016, 02:23:21 PM »

My son does a lot of "scripting," because it looks like he's probably on the spectrum, and he's gravitated towards loudly repeating literally every swear word ever said near him. And because if the nature of scripting, he's basically saying it with the exact cadence and tone I've said them in, but pitched several octaves higher. It's great.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3956 on: May 23, 2016, 02:46:46 PM »
Quote from: flannj on May 23, 2016, 02:20:29 PM

As a young father a Saturday afternoon came up when I was left in charge of my two eldest while mrs. flannj was out for a well deserved afternoon with girlfriends.
After getting them fed, laundry done, all the household list taken care of and the younger one down for a nap I proceeded to grab a beer and relax in front of the TV and I put on a video of "Goodfellas" for another watching while the older son played with his Tonkas and Legos next to me.

Mrs. flannj returned later that afternoon to her previously adorable son walking around the house experimenting with the new word he had learned that day.

Let me assure you that having your wife arrive home with her 3 year old son proclaiming "fuck,fuck,fuck,fuck,fuck,fuck" for an entire evening will test even the best of marriages.

I snortlaughed. Mainly because I did pretty much the same thing once upon a time.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3957 on: May 23, 2016, 02:50:19 PM »

My redneck brother and his even more redneck ex-wife are in the middle of a very contentious custody battle, and because neither of them is smart enough to not trash the other in front of the kids they both pretty much get to hear my niece repeat whatever the other said.

My brother and I were trying to put together one of those battery powered jeeps for my niece and when we were having trouble getting the battery installed she said out loud "Cody fucked it up again". Not hard to guess where she got that one.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3958 on: May 23, 2016, 03:32:25 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 23, 2016, 02:50:19 PM

My redneck brother and his even more redneck ex-wife are in the middle of a very contentious custody battle, and because neither of them is smart enough to not trash the other in front of the kids they both pretty much get to hear my niece repeat whatever the other said.

My brother and I were trying to put together one of those battery powered jeeps for my niece and when we were having trouble getting the battery installed she said out loud "Cody fucked it up again". Not hard to guess where she got that one.

I recently told another driver behind the safety of my enclosed car to "eat my wiener" and James will bring it up every now and then. "Remember the time you said 'eat my wiener'?" and then he laughs and says "eat my wiener" until my wife yells at him.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3959 on: May 23, 2016, 03:40:36 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 23, 2016, 03:32:25 PM
Quote from: SKO on May 23, 2016, 02:50:19 PM

I recently told another driver behind the safety of my enclosed car to "eat my wiener" and James will bring it up every now and then. "Remember the time you said 'eat my wiener'?" and then he laughs and says "eat my wiener" until my wife yells at him.

I did an actual spit take reading this.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015