News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive  ( 102,229 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive
« Reply #435 on: August 11, 2010, 01:28:02 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 11, 2010, 01:06:03 PM
Is that full-retard or a happy medium? Not everything has to be extreme.

Well, that's unquestionably the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #436 on: August 11, 2010, 01:30:59 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 11, 2010, 12:49:48 PM
Which sport is it again where assistant coaches with one-year contracts go full-retard on their players to the press? The NFL isn't exactly unique in its lack of transparency. I wish the David Haughs of the world would kill the drama-queen entitlement bullshit and just tell us what they see.

How about, "It's early and we need to see more from Omiyale before gifting him the starting job"?

Meh. I don't see how that's all that different than what was said or how either version of the same sentiment will help Frank Omiyale block better.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #437 on: August 11, 2010, 01:39:49 PM »
Quote from: Eli on August 11, 2010, 01:28:02 PM

I think it's sort of in the middle.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #438 on: August 11, 2010, 01:43:43 PM »
Quote from: Bort on August 11, 2010, 01:39:49 PM
Quote from: Eli on August 11, 2010, 01:28:02 PM

I think it's sort of in the middle.

This has replaced Slaky's comment as the stupidest thing I've ever heard.  Why does this keep escalating?!

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #439 on: August 11, 2010, 01:46:23 PM »
I'm just tired of reporters and analysts picking apart these useless fucking comments from the coaches. It's smart-ass and boring and it serves no purpose for readers who want to know what happens at camp. What's wrong with:

Martz said "..."

But in practice, A, B, C, and D happened to make observers here believe that Omiyale is not going to be ready to play effectively by September.

Martz said, "He's getting better, chill."

He'll have to improve. Or else we'll see Kevin Schaeffer who did A, B, C, and D wrong.

The story isn't what Martz fucking said. The story is what's happening at that position. Fuck it. I'm done.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #440 on: August 11, 2010, 01:48:41 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 11, 2010, 01:46:23 PM
I'm just tired of reporters and analysts picking apart these useless fucking comments from the coaches. It's smart-ass and boring and it serves no purpose for readers who want to know what happens at camp. What's wrong with:

Martz said "..."

But in practice, A, B, C, and D happened to make observers here believe that Omiyale is not going to be ready to play effectively by September.

He'll have to improve. Or else we'll see Kevin Schaeffer who did A, B, C, and D wrong.

The story isn't what Martz fucking said. The story is what's happening at that position. Fuck it. I'm done.

This is really making me excited for football season.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #441 on: August 11, 2010, 01:49:57 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on August 11, 2010, 01:48:41 PM

Martz said "..."

To what degree? Extremely excited? How does it compare to Zach Zaidman's latest twat?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #442 on: August 11, 2010, 01:52:39 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 11, 2010, 01:49:57 PM

Martz said "..."

To what degree? Extremely excited? How does it compare to Zach Zaidman's latest twat?

Pen's excited about finding out who Big Ben's latest rape victim will be.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #443 on: August 11, 2010, 01:54:19 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 11, 2010, 01:52:39 PM

Martz said "..."

I'm hoping it's Pen.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #444 on: August 11, 2010, 01:58:24 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 11, 2010, 01:54:19 PM
Quote from: CT III on August 11, 2010, 01:52:39 PM

Martz said "..."

I'm hoping it's Pen.

Hopefully Ben's next victim isn't from Detroit. That poor city has been through enough already.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #445 on: August 11, 2010, 02:17:49 PM »

Martz said "..."

Essentially we agree. Zaidman shouldn't be tweeting such pointless information. Does everyone assume that if Omiyale is terrible that he'll be replaced? Yes. So why tell us that?

He needs to go beyond what Martz said and tell us that it's apparent that Omiyale is playing like shit and yet the Bears don't seem interested in upgrading their godawful offensive line and we should all be very upset about this. Start panicking.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #446 on: August 11, 2010, 02:23:44 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 11, 2010, 02:17:49 PM

He needs to go beyond what Martz said and tell us that it's apparent that Omiyale is playing like shit and yet the Bears don't seem interested in upgrading their godawful offensive line and we should all be very upset about this. Start panicking.

FINALLY.  This is what I have been waiting for.  I'll start:

THE DEFENSE SUCKS!  WE GOTTA SWITCH TO A 3-4 EVEN THOUGH WE JUST SIGNED THE BEST 4-3 RUSH END ON THE MARKET! 

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #447 on: August 11, 2010, 02:26:37 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 11, 2010, 02:17:49 PM

Martz said "..."

Essentially we agree. Zaidman shouldn't be tweeting such pointless information. Does everyone assume that if Omiyale is terrible that he'll be replaced? Yes. So why tell us that?

I'm not so sure that you're clear how twitter works.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #448 on: August 11, 2010, 02:28:05 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 11, 2010, 02:23:44 PM

THE DEFENSE SUCKS!  WE GOTTA SWITCH TO A 3-4 EVEN THOUGH WE JUST SIGNED THE BEST 4-3 RUSH END ON THE MARKET! 

This is barely related, but Peppers would be a lot of fun to watch as an OLB in a 3-4.  At least I think he would be.  And by "fun to watch" I mean "good," which is how most people mean it when they use it.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #449 on: August 11, 2010, 02:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Eli on August 11, 2010, 02:28:05 PM
Quote from: CT III on August 11, 2010, 02:23:44 PM

This is barely related, but Peppers would be a lot of fun to watch as an OLB in a 3-4.  At least I think he would be.  And by "fun to watch" I mean "good," which is how most people mean it when they use it.

The 3-4 is bitch-made. Bear football is 4-3. FULL STOP.