News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Poll

Which former Padre will pitch in the Majors again?

Mark Prior
Lamar Hoyt
Dave Dravecky
Eric Show
Jake Peavy

Author Topic: Which former Padre will pitch again?  ( 8,496 )

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Which former Padre will pitch again?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 12:43:14 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on July 13, 2010, 12:03:47 PM
Is it wrong to sort of wish the Cubs would take a flyer on him?

I can't believe it's come to this.

God, I hate this fucking team.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 12:53:11 PM »

As much of a puss as Prior was, I always felt that he was more unlucky than anything.  Getting lined up by Hawpe and the Giles baserunning thing.  I still remember when he beaned Barry Bonds and didn't back down.  That was badass.  I think it was in San Francisco, too.

Anyway, my point is that I wouldn't hate them taking a chance on Prior in the same way that I wouldn't mind the Cubs bringing Kerry Wood back.  It's irrational and probably dumb, but I just wanted to kiss liked him.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 01:00:04 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 13, 2010, 12:53:11 PM

As much of a puss as Prior was, I always felt that he was more unlucky than anything.  Getting lined up by Hawpe and the Giles baserunning thing.  I still remember when he beaned Barry Bonds and didn't back down.  That was badass.  I think it was in San Francisco, too.

Anyway, my point is that I wouldn't hate them taking a chance on Prior in the same way that I wouldn't mind the Cubs bringing Kerry Wood back.  It's irrational and probably dumb, but I just wanted to kiss liked him.

If memory serves he hit Bonds with a slider in the foot and since Barroid is the biggest prick in baseball, he took a couple of steps toward prior and pointed at him. Prior waved his gove at bonds and mouthed "come on" while 50 people rushed in btween them. Badass.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 01:03:24 PM »

I always liked Cliff Bartosh. Get him back Jimmy!

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 01:07:22 PM »
But since it's 2010 and we're all drunk it went down like this:

Bonds had been talking shit all series on TV and in the papers about how he didn't respect the Cubs and how Dusty used to make him sit on Sundays when he really wanted to help the team. So he wanted to show the Cubs and Dusty how strong and durable he was. So he hit two home runs the night before and sprinted around the bases full speed like Bobby Hill. Head down just running. Dusty didn't like it so he ordered Sean Estes to plunk him. But Estes got cold feet and just threw behind him. This got Bonds even madder and he pointed his bat at Dusty and called him a n*gger, which really confused Dusty.

In the postgame that night Bonds was laughing at how he'd shown Dusty up and that the Cubs were a joke and he bet his whole fleet of cars that the Giants would win a World Series before they did.

So the next day Prior had enough and when his two-strike slider ricochetted off Barroid's shoe top, Barroid threw his bat down in anger and screamed, "YOU GOD DAMN GUTLESS FUCKING ASSHOLE!!!!" which really confused Prior. He mouthed, "Come on," and 50 people rushed in to separate the two.

BADASS

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 01:11:18 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 13, 2010, 01:07:22 PM

Bonds had been talking shit all series on TV and in the papers about how he didn't respect the Cubs and how Dusty used to make him sit on Sundays when he really wanted to help the team. So he wanted to show the Cubs and Dusty how strong and durable he was. So he hit two home runs the night before and sprinted around the bases full speed like Bobby Hill. Head down just running. Dusty didn't like it so he ordered Sean Estes to plunk him. But Estes got cold feet and just threw behind him. This got Bonds even madder and he pointed his bat at Dusty and called him a n*gger, which really confused Dusty.

In the postgame that night Bonds was laughing at how he'd shown Dusty up and that the Cubs were a joke and he bet his whole fleet of cars that the Giants would win a World Series before they did.

So the next day Prior had enough and when his two-strike slider richotted off Barroid's shoe top, Barroid threw his bat down in anger and screamed, "YOU GOD DAMN GUTLESS FUCKING ASSHOLE!!!!" which really confused Prior. He mouthed, "Come on," and 50 people rushed in to separate the two.

BADASS

That's just how I remember it.  Get this kid a 3 year deal with a 4th year player option and a no-trade clause.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 01:39:46 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 13, 2010, 01:07:22 PM

So the next day Prior had enough and when his two-strike slider ricochetted off Barroid's shoe top, Barroid threw his bat down in anger and screamed, "YOU GOD DAMN GUTLESS FUCKING ASSHOLE!!!!" which really confused Prior. He mouthed, "Come on," and 50 people rushed in to separate the two.

BADASS

Move over, Ed Hartig. Apex for Cubs historian.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 01:40:51 PM »
Quote from: Fork on July 13, 2010, 12:12:47 PM

He can't suck worse than most of the guys they currently have.

The ERAs of Cub starters are 4.61, 4.08, 3.61, 3.45 and 3.16.  He can and would suck worse than most of those guys.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2010, 01:53:33 PM »

As much of a puss as Prior was, I always felt that he was more unlucky than anything.  Getting lined up by Hawpe and the Giles baserunning thing drafted by a shitstain organization like the Chicago Cubs, with their backwards methods of managing pitching talent, resulting in one destroyed arm after another.  I still remember when he beaned Barry Bonds and didn't back down.  That was badass.  I think it was in San Francisco, too.

/fixed
M'lady.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 02:14:23 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 13, 2010, 01:40:51 PM
Quote from: Fork on July 13, 2010, 12:12:47 PM

He can't suck worse than most of the guys they currently have.

The ERAs of Cub starters are 4.61, 4.08, 3.61, 3.45 and 3.16.  He can and would suck worse than most of those guys.

I think when Fork said "most of the guys they currently have" he meant Bob Howry.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2010, 02:14:48 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on July 13, 2010, 01:53:33 PM

As much of a puss as Prior was, I always felt that he was more unlucky than anything.  Getting lined up by Hawpe and the Giles baserunning thing drafted by a shitstain organization like the Chicago Cubs, with their backwards methods of managing pitching talent, resulting in one destroyed arm after another.  I still remember when he beaned Barry Bonds and didn't back down.  That was badass.  I think it was in San Francisco, too.

/fixed

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2010, 06:04:38 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 13, 2010, 12:23:53 PM
Quote from: Brownie on July 13, 2010, 12:17:42 PM
Quote from: MAD on July 13, 2010, 12:15:35 PM
What makes you think Prior would want to come back?

1) The Cubs are in the Major Leagues.
2) Their checks clear.
3) Negotiating something "fair" with the Cubs' front office seems to be easier done than said.

On the other hand:

1) He's a cunt.
2) He's probably still asshurt about the way the first relationship ended.
3) He's a cunt.

Okay, I'll bite.  Why, exactly, do you think he's a cunt?  When they finally opened him up, his shoulder apparently looked like roast beef.  I'm not saying he'd be better than any of their starters right now, but, yes, I'd like to see the Cubs take a flyer on him.  And now I'd like it doubly so knowing that it would piss you off.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2010, 06:07:53 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on July 13, 2010, 06:04:38 PM

2) Their checks clear.
3) Negotiating something "fair" with the Cubs' front office seems to be easier done than said.

On the other hand:

1) He's a cunt.
3) He's a cunt.

Okay, I'll bite.  Why, exactly, do you think he's a cunt?  When they finally opened him up, his shoulder apparently looked like roast beef.  I'm not saying he'd be better than any of their starters right now, but, yes, I'd like to see the Cubs take a flyer on him.  And now I'd like it doubly so knowing that it would piss you off.

Because it makes me feel better.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2010, 06:15:47 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 13, 2010, 06:07:53 PM
Quote from: Kermit IV on July 13, 2010, 06:04:38 PM

2) Their checks clear.

On the other hand:

1) He's a cunt.
3) He's a cunt.

Because it makes me feel better.

True Story: If the Slogger went back that far, you would see Apex and Weebs crying in the SBox the night the Cubs finally said goodbye to Prior.

And CT and I taking the "Fuck Mark Prior" stance.

Just saying.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 06:28:16 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 13, 2010, 01:00:04 PM

If memory serves he hit Bonds with a slider in the foot and since Barroid is the biggest prick in baseball, he took a couple of steps toward prior and pointed at him. Prior waved his gove at bonds and mouthed "come on" while 50 people rushed in btween them. Badass.

Of course, Prior probably knew ?Barroid's finishing move was to take two steps before waiting to be held back. Badass.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16