News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chicago Blackhawks 2010-11 Title Defense/Capocalypse/Kyle Beach Murder Thread  ( 62,274 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Get ready for realignment, once the Thrashers are sold to True North & moved to Winnipeg.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on May 16, 2011, 02:12:30 PM

Get ready for realignment, once the Thrashers are sold to True North & moved to Winnipeg.

If Jahns thinks they'd move Detroit he's off his meds.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

I'm trying to picture the Meatball Ragnarock that would occur if the NHL does the simplest thing and moves Nashville to the SE division and slides Winnipeg into the Central (||).

HOW COULD  SCOTTY BOWMAN TRADE BYFUGLIEN AND LADD WITHING TH EDVISION?!?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 19, 2011, 03:58:31 PM
Bump...

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2011/5/19/2179924/corey-crawford-gets-a-3-year-extension

Doesn't this move signify that a new thread should start?

I defer to a real hockey fan, you know, one who has watched them all his life, and didn't come back within the last 3-4 years, and therefore knows shit about the sport.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Yeti on May 19, 2011, 05:39:18 PM
Bump...

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2011/5/19/2179924/corey-crawford-gets-a-3-year-extension

I defer to a real hockey fan, you know, one who has watched them all his life, and didn't come back within the last 3-4 years, and therefore knows shit about the sport.

Your move, SKO.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Yeti on May 19, 2011, 05:39:18 PM
Bump...

I don't know... Kyle Beach hasn't really murdered anyone yet.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
Quote from: CT III on May 16, 2011, 02:18:30 PM

I'm trying to picture the Meatball Ragnarock that would occur if the NHL does the simplest thing and moves Nashville to the SE division and slides Winnipeg into the Central (||).

HOW COULD  SCOTTY BOWMAN TRADE BYFUGLIEN AND LADD WITHING TH EDVISION?!?

Ladd is even coming back to the Jets?  Not to sound like a meathead.  But Right THAT wrong.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BBM on May 19, 2011, 08:56:33 PM

HOW COULD  SCOTTY BOWMAN TRADE BYFUGLIEN AND LADD WITHING TH EDVISION?!?

Ladd is even coming back to the Jets?  Not to sound like a meathead.  But Right THAT wrong.

Of Hawky WRONGS I'd like to see RIGHTED, Ladd tops the list.

But the Thrashers avoided going to arbitration with him last off-season, so he's only an RFA this year.

That said, contract talks have apparently been ongoing since at least February, when they were reportedly "close to a new contract" with "some details to finalize."

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 19, 2011, 10:31:08 PM

But the Thrashers avoided going to arbitration with him last off-season, so he's only an RFA this year.

That said, contract talks have apparently been ongoing since at least February, when they were reportedly "close to a new contract" with "some details to finalize."

Since one detail might have been "Where are we going to play?", I'm guessing the larger revenue base in Winnipeg means Ladd's price tag just went up.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on May 20, 2011, 07:46:39 AM

Since one detail might have been "Where are we going to play?", I'm guessing the larger revenue base in Winnipeg means Ladd's price tag just went up.

Besides that, the Hawks need a center and tying up all that money in another wing probably wouldn't be so prudent. Even if I have a huge Laddboner.

I'm just bummed they won't be called the Winnipeg Jets. That is pretty much a fact at this point, yes?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Which is cooler:

A Hartford Whale or a Winnipeg Jet?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on May 20, 2011, 09:14:52 AM
Quote from: Fork on May 20, 2011, 07:46:39 AM

Besides that, the Hawks need a center and tying up all that money in another wing probably wouldn't be so prudent. Even if I have a huge Laddboner.

I'm just bummed they won't be called the Winnipeg Jets. That is pretty much a fact at this point, yes?

the "Jets" name and logo belong to the Coyotes, which is owned by the NHL. If the league wants them to be the Jets, they'll be the Jets.
TIME TO POST!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Oleg on May 20, 2011, 09:37:19 AM
Which is cooler:

A Hartford Whaler or a Winnipeg Jet?

Brass Bonanza'd

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/news/story?id=6570139

Salak signed to a one-way deal, 2 years at $600K per.