News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The American  ( 1,632 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The American
« on: September 12, 2010, 01:18:27 AM »
This movie is a welcome relief from the frenetic "Bourne" type thrillers, although the pace of this movie detracts from the thriller label.  It is deliberately slow to allow the suspense to develop.  Those who come to this movie to see car chases and crashes, explosions and hand to hand combat will be sorely disappointed.  Those who come for the sex will not be disappointed.  Well photographed.  It shows an Italy that is at the same time beautiful and mundane.  The restaurants are seedy.  The locations are anything but sumptuous.  The women are beautiful.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The American
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 11:34:07 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 12, 2010, 01:18:27 AM
This movie is a welcome relief from the frenetic "Bourne" type thrillers, although the pace of this movie detracts from the thriller label.  It is deliberately slow to allow the suspense to develop.  Those who come to this movie to see car chases and crashes, explosions and hand to hand combat will be sorely disappointed.  Those who come for the sex will not be disappointed.  Well photographed.  It shows an Italy that is at the same time beautiful and mundane.  The restaurants are seedy.  The locations are anything but sumptuous.  The women are beautiful.

Damn it. I had already decided to hate this movie due to the lame title and never see it. Now you're saying there's boobilige? That changes the game considerably.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 12:58:29 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 12, 2010, 11:34:07 AM

Damn it. I had already decided to hate this movie due to the lame title and never see it. Now you're saying there's boobilige? That changes the game considerably.

I saw this a while back as well. Tons of boobs - same chick. But she's got GREAT boobs. They are almost perfect. She's smoking hot.

Stew's review is right on the money but I'd be curious to hear his thoughts on the ending. We don't have to give anything away but I thought final scene was too Forrest Gump and didn't fit with the rest of the tone of the film. It spoiled it a little for me.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 03:32:47 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 12, 2010, 12:58:29 PM

I saw this a while back as well. Tons of boobs - same chick. But she's got GREAT boobs. They are almost perfect. She's smoking hot.

Stew's review is right on the money but I'd be curious to hear his thoughts on the ending. We don't have to give anything away but I thought final scene was too Forrest Gump and didn't fit with the rest of the tone of the film. It spoiled it a little for me.

So, you think he was dreaming?

That totem looked like it was going to fall, though.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 07:10:54 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 12, 2010, 03:32:47 PM

So, you think he was dreaming?

That totem looked like it was going to fall, though.

I think they explained it best in the Scrooge McDuck comic.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 08:46:40 AM »

I think 75% of that girl's scenes were topless. I'm guessing Clooney had quite a bit of input on this movie, considering:

- there were multiple scenes of Clooney doing shirtless pushups and pullups
- multiple scenes of Clooney boinking said topless prostitute
- the whole thing was filmed on location in Italy

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 03:26:47 PM »
Quote from: R-V on March 07, 2011, 08:46:40 AM

I think 75% of that girl's scenes were topless. I'm guessing Clooney had quite a bit of input on this movie, considering:

- there were multiple scenes of Clooney doing shirtless pushups and pullups
- multiple scenes of Clooney boinking said topless prostitute
- the whole thing was filmed on location in Italy

What a boring, stupid movie
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.