News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Goodbye, Borb?! (Goodbye, THE TRUTH!)  ( 5,564 )

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
Goodbye, Borb?! (Goodbye, THE TRUTH!)
« on: October 06, 2010, 11:53:31 AM »
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/39537870/ns/sports-player_news/

If this ends up being true, this seriously begs raises the question...how is the Milwaukee job really better than the Cubs job?  That is, if you believe Borb's explanation for withdrawing from consideration for the Cubs job.

Edited: To appease the masses.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Goodbye, Borb?! (Goodbye, THE TRUTH!)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 11:54:29 AM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on October 06, 2010, 11:53:31 AM

If this is ends up being true, this seriously begs the question...how is the Milwaukee job really better than the Cubs job?  That is, if you believe Borb's explanation for withdrawing from consideration for the Cubs job.

I believe it merely raises the question.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 11:56:48 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 06, 2010, 11:54:29 AM

If this is ends up being true, this seriously begs the question...how is the Milwaukee job really better than the Cubs job?  That is, if you believe Borb's explanation for withdrawing from consideration for the Cubs job.

Thank you, Slak. You probably saved the following people the effort of pedhantry:

Thrillho
Morph
Myself
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 12:01:02 PM »

If this is ends up being true, this seriously begs raises the question...how is the Milwaukee job really better than the Cubs job?  That is, if you believe Borb's explanation for withdrawing from consideration for the Cubs job.

I think it's merely more stable since the Brewers probably won't fire their GM next year.

Or maybe they will, I don't even know who their GM is, but I assume he's shitty.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 12:01:56 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 06, 2010, 12:01:02 PM

If this is ends up being true, this seriously begs raises the question...how is the Milwaukee job really better than the Cubs job?  That is, if you believe Borb's explanation for withdrawing from consideration for the Cubs job.

I think it's merely more stable since the Brewers probably won't fire their GM next year.

Or maybe they will, I don't even know who their GM is, but I assume he's shitty.

Doug Melvin.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 12:04:47 PM »
Quote from: Bort on October 06, 2010, 11:56:48 AM

Thank you, Slak. You probably saved the following people the effort of pedhantry:

Thrillho
Morph
Myself

and me.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 12:05:03 PM »
Borb spent the last six seasons calling the Cubs out publicly during games and there probably is some healthy resentment built up amongst the core group of immovable contracts. I can see why that would be undesirable - along with the hopefully imminent firing of the the G.M. and the Ryno Dong Mouth factor.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 12:06:36 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 06, 2010, 12:01:56 PM
Quote from: PenPho on October 06, 2010, 12:01:02 PM

Doug Melvin.

Also, maybe the Brewers aren't owned by Yellonesque shitheels.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 12:07:00 PM »
Here's what I don't care about: the Brewers.

What I do care about is who the Cubs replace Borb with. I think Len and Borb were a great team. So who do they bring in?

Would Keith Moreland leave his job with the Longhorns to be the full time Cubs' analyst? He was pretty decent on the radio and he's at least familiar with the Cubs' particular brand of lifetime suck.

I don't know of any shortlist and I'm sure one will come out once the hire is official. Anyone else care to being speculating on the next Cubs' color guy?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 12:07:55 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 06, 2010, 12:07:00 PM

What I do care about is who the Cubs replace Borb with. I think Len and Borb were a great team. So who do they bring in?

Would Keith Moreland leave his job with the Longhorns to be the full time Cubs' analyst? He was pretty decent on the radio and he's at least familiar with the Cubs' particular brand of lifetime suck.

I don't know of any shortlist and I'm sure one will come out once the hire is official. Anyone else care to being speculating on the next Cubs' color guy?

Steve Stone. HE TELLS IT LIKE IT IS!11!!!
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 12:08:20 PM »

There's a guy that does color here in Arizona that has some history with the Cubs.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 12:09:41 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 06, 2010, 12:08:20 PM

There's a guy that does color here in Arizona that has some history with the Cubs.

Fuck.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 12:10:04 PM »

And the fat chicks in Chicago are woefully undersexed. RIGHT THAT WRONG.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 12:12:24 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 06, 2010, 12:10:04 PM

And the fat chicks in Chicago are woefully undersexed. RIGHT THAT WRONG.

Yeti can fill that void.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 12:13:43 PM »

The answer being that Bob withdrew his name before the Cubs could officially not give him the job.