News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Big C  ( 1,289 )

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
The Big C
« on: October 21, 2010, 09:07:24 PM »
Is anybody watching this? I have the entire season on the DVR, and I'm wondering if it is worth saving.

The lack of a thread on it probably answers both questions. I feel like such a Yeti.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Big C
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 12:19:32 AM »
...Tom Bosley?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Big C
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 09:00:32 AM »
I am a big Laura Linney fan, so I was upset when all of the reviewers panned this program.  They are wrong.  It is a serious piece of work with comedic elements that reflect Linney's diversity, plus occasional glimpses of her increasingly generous body.  The premise is that she is dying of melanoma, but is still asymptomatic.  She is trying to repair relationships without letting anyone know that she has cancer.  She is also trying to shake loose of her straightlaced personality.  Her character is very bad at both of those goals.  Watch this.  She is now engaged in an adulterous relationship with a black artist played by the actor who was "Stringer Bell" in "The Wire".
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)