News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Coming to America, Part the Third.  ( 79,398 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Coming to America, Part the Third.
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2010, 10:50:23 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 19, 2010, 10:45:33 AM
Quote from: PenPho on November 19, 2010, 10:21:54 AM
Quote from: Tonker on November 19, 2010, 07:18:11 AM
Now I need some good ideas for a hotel.  Chuck recommended the Days Inn on Diversey last time, and it was great, but at upwards of a hundred bucks a night for the room (and this time I'm on my own), that's going to be getting on for a grand.  A grand I could far better spend on beer.

Anybody have discount codes, maybe, or recommend a website?

For that length of time, if you're looking for under $100/night, you might want to consider an apartment/condo rental.

I'd just figured that out, actually.  The Days Inn will cost me best part of $1200, but this place : http://www.dewittplace.com/ will only set me back a smidge over a grand for eight nights.  Great location, and pretty good reviews, too.  Anybody know anything about it?

Better than the motor lodge on Darwin Barney Lane.

(Never heard of this DeWitt street before, but that location is titballs...possibly better for July/August but May/June should be nice...take it at that price if it's in your budget.  And be sure to let us come over to trash your room.)
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2010, 10:50:51 AM »
Now I need some good ideas for a hotel.  Chuck recommended the Days Inn on Diversey last time, and it was great, but at upwards of a hundred bucks a night for the room (and this time I'm on my own), that's going to be getting on for a grand.  A grand I could far better spend on beer.

For that length of time, if you're looking for under $100/night, you might want to consider an apartment/condo rental.

I'd just figured that out, actually.  The Days Inn will cost me best part of $1200, but this place : http://www.dewittplace.com/ will only set me back a smidge over a grand for eight nights.  Great location, and pretty good reviews, too.  Anybody know anything about it?

Apparently, it's in a quite neighborhood.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2010, 10:54:37 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on November 19, 2010, 10:26:37 AM
Quote from: Fork on November 19, 2010, 10:24:04 AM

Anyone else coming in from out of town for this?

I will be driving up, definitely.

I'll be there.

And *IAN's coming whether he likes it or not.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2010, 11:09:26 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 19, 2010, 10:50:23 AM

I'd just figured that out, actually.  The Days Inn will cost me best part of $1200, but this place : http://www.dewittplace.com/ will only set me back a smidge over a grand for eight nights.  Great location, and pretty good reviews, too.  Anybody know anything about it?

(Never heard of this DeWitt street before, but that location is titballs...possibly better for July/August but May/June should be nice...take it at that price if it's in your budget.  And be sure to let us come over to trash your room.)

THI!
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2011, 09:08:14 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 19, 2010, 11:09:26 AM
Quote from: PANK! on November 19, 2010, 10:50:23 AM

THI!

Right, that's done.  I have booked and paid for eight nights (27/05 to 04/06) in a lakeview studio at DeWitt Place, as linked above.  It set me back less than $1100 all in, and I can't really argue with that.  It has a kitchen and a fridge so I can keep lots of snacks and cold beer in the room for when I can't face going out for breakfast - and more to the point, it has a sofa-bed, for which I am now taking bookings.  Yours for the bargain rate of $110/night.

Seriously, if any of you suburban boys thinks they'll need to crash for the night, you'll be very welcome.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2011, 09:45:14 AM »
A week of Tonks in Streeterville? Water Tower Place will never be the same.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2011, 09:53:38 AM »

Now onto the important shit...should we get tickets to a game (Give the Ricketti our hard-earned dough), get a rooftop (Not Brixen Ivy), or get a room in a bar for a game?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2011, 10:40:15 AM »
Quote from: Fork on January 17, 2011, 09:53:38 AM

Now onto the important shit...should we get tickets to a game (Give the Ricketti our hard-earned dough), get a rooftop (Not Brixen Ivy), or get a room in a bar for a game?

Fuck the rooftop.

Let's go to a game.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2011, 10:45:55 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on January 17, 2011, 10:40:15 AM

Fuck the rooftop.

Let's go to a game.

If you want actual interaction, then the rooftop is the way to go.  And mass quantities of drinking. 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2011, 10:52:14 AM »
The Ricketti get a cut no matter what.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2011, 10:53:30 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on January 17, 2011, 10:45:55 AM
Quote from: Oleg on January 17, 2011, 10:40:15 AM

Fuck the rooftop.

Let's go to a game.

If you want actual interaction, then the rooftop is the way to go.  And mass quantities of drinking. 

I still vote for getting kicked out of the bleachers.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2011, 11:03:41 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 17, 2011, 10:52:14 AM

No cut if we go to a bar.
TIME TO POST!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2011, 11:11:19 AM »
Quote from: Fork on January 17, 2011, 11:03:41 AM

But what about when the Ricketti get a bar tax passed in order to fund desperately needed improvements and renovations to the Friendly Confines™?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2011, 11:11:57 AM »

Fork has a point.  I imagine that I'll be going to Wrigley for at least a couple of games anyway, so there's absolutely no need for us all to go to the ballpark (or a rooftop) for TONKFESTTM itself.  We can just as easily go to a bar where ordering a frosty one is as easy as lifting your finger, food is good and not, you know... ballparky, and we can avoid the bleachodes.  So, I guess my point is, it's entirely up to you guys, and what you'd rather do.  I'll be getting plenty of Cubs anyway - too much, even, you might say...

EDIT : It will also be much easier to organise, logistically speaking.  And you know me - I hate to cause trouble.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2011, 11:16:24 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 17, 2011, 11:11:57 AM

Fork has a point.  I imagine that I'll be going to Wrigley for at least a couple of games anyway, so there's absolutely no need for us all to go to the ballpark (or a rooftop) for TONKFESTTM itself.  We can just as easily go to a bar where ordering a frosty one is as easy as lifting your finger, food is good and not, you know... ballparky, and we can avoid the bleachodes.  So, I guess my point is, it's entirely up to you guys, and what you'd rather do.  I'll be getting plenty of Cubs anyway - too much, even, you might say...

EDIT : It will also be much easier to organise, logistically speaking.  And you know me - I hate to cause trouble.

I endorse this plan.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015