News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: We Got Him II: Electric Boogaloo  ( 16,523 )

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: We Got Him II: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2011, 11:41:10 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on May 01, 2011, 11:39:49 PM
Quote from: SKO on May 01, 2011, 11:35:37 PM
Again, if you are celebrating this, Gil Gunderson is calling you a jingoistic boob and looking down his enlightened nose at you.

Me, too.

Me three.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2011, 11:41:15 PM »
I want some breaking Royal Wedding news? When can we break for that?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2011, 11:43:06 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 01, 2011, 11:40:54 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 01, 2011, 11:37:14 PM
Again, if you are celebrating this, Gil Gunderson is calling you a jingoistic boob and looking down his enlightened nose at you. So why does Gil Gunderson hate America?

Seriously, what is your problem? Calm down.

Because I resent this ridiculous assertion of yours that celebrating this seems to imply that we aren't aware that this didn't end the war or that there aren't still unresolved issues. The fact that I'm genuinely glad that this bastard has been removed from the face of the earth doesn't mean I'm somehow unintelligent or ignorant of the complicated circumstances of the war on terror.

And you can get back to me when I actually said any of those things.

Go grab a beach ball.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2011, 11:45:36 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 01, 2011, 11:43:06 PM
Again, if you are celebrating this, Gil Gunderson is calling you a jingoistic boob and looking down his enlightened nose at you. So why does Gil Gunderson hate America?

Because I resent this ridiculous assertion of yours that celebrating this seems to imply that we aren't aware that this didn't end the war or that there aren't still unresolved issues. The fact that I'm genuinely glad that this bastard has been removed from the face of the earth doesn't mean I'm somehow unintelligent or ignorant of the complicated circumstances of the war on terror.

Go grab a beach ball.

I suppose I am perhaps overreacting to this: http://twitter.com/#/GilGunderson1/status/64905731719168000. But again, I fail to see how celebrating his death seems to imply that I think the war is over. I'm celebrating the solitary act of the death of the architect of the murder of thousands of innocent people. It is a damn good celebration. Fin.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2011, 11:47:49 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 01, 2011, 11:45:36 PM

Go grab a beach ball.

I suppose I am perhaps overreacting to this: http://twitter.com/#!/GilGunderson1/status/64905731719168000. But again, I fail to see how celebrating his death seems to imply that I think the war is over. I'm celebrating the solitary act of the death of the architect of the murder of thousands of innocent people. It is a damn good celebration. Fin.

I'd respond, but I'd have to remove my America-hating, latte-sipping, Prius-driving Obamadong from my mouth first.

Carry on with the straw man construction, though. It seems nice.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2011, 11:48:58 PM »
Quote from: flannj on May 01, 2011, 11:41:10 PM
Again, if you are celebrating this, Gil Gunderson is calling you a jingoistic boob and looking down his enlightened nose at you.

Me, too.

Me three.

What if I'm just mostly celebrating my dead pool points?  Have I mentioned I am tied for second place?  Because I am.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2011, 11:49:54 PM »
Quote from: powen01 on May 01, 2011, 11:48:58 PM
Quote from: flannj on May 01, 2011, 11:41:10 PM

Me, too.

Me three.

What if I'm just mostly celebrating my dead pool points?  Have I mentioned I am tied for second place?  Because I am.

You clearly hate America.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2011, 11:50:04 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 01, 2011, 11:47:49 PM

Go grab a beach ball.

I suppose I am perhaps overreacting to this: http://twitter.com/#!/GilGunderson1/status/64905731719168000. But again, I fail to see how celebrating his death seems to imply that I think the war is over. I'm celebrating the solitary act of the death of the architect of the murder of thousands of innocent people. It is a damn good celebration. Fin.

I'd respond, but I'd have to remove my America-hating, latte-sipping, Prius-driving Obamadong from my mouth first.

Okay. Let's just take this back to the beginning then. Apologizing for overreaction at an emotional time period. Bernstein states that the crowds celebrating this event=the palestinian crowds celebrating 9/11 itself. You agree. I'd like to know why?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2011, 11:52:55 PM »

Go grab a beach ball.

I suppose I am perhaps overreacting to this: http://twitter.com/#/GilGunderson1/status/64905731719168000. But again, I fail to see how celebrating his death seems to imply that I think the war is over. I'm celebrating the solitary act of the death of the architect of the murder of thousands of innocent people. It is a damn good celebration. Fin.

Sigh.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2011, 11:53:04 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 01, 2011, 11:50:04 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 01, 2011, 11:47:49 PM

Go grab a beach ball.

Okay. Let's just take this back to the beginning then. Apologizing for overreaction at an emotional time period. Bernstein states that the crowds celebrating this event=the palestinian crowds celebrating 9/11 itself. You agree. I'd like to know why?

I want to know why it's such a problem to have a different opinion on a consequential event that I am personally happy happened?

I also want to know why you are personally offended by this and need to express that offense via every available medium?

Better hurry before that beach ball deflates.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2011, 11:56:21 PM »
I don't look at this as a time to be celebratory.

I feel more solemn and thankful than anything else.

Seriously, Na Na Na?

Sorry to be such a buzzkill.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2011, 11:57:36 PM »
Quote from: flannj on May 01, 2011, 11:56:21 PM

Seriously, Na Na Na?

Thank you. You want to join my America-hating cabal now?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2011, 11:58:54 PM »

Seriously, Na Na Na?

And that's how I feel, honestly. But I understand those who feel like celebrating because they process things differently than I do. I understand now Gil didn't mean what I took him to mean, but I find it wrong to equate those celebrating the death of the mass murderer with those celebrating the mass murder itself. That's what Bernstein's tweet seemed to imply and I found that notion disgusting. I am earnestly sorry for my overreaction, but that to me seemed just wrong.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2011, 12:00:46 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 01, 2011, 11:58:54 PM

Seriously, Na Na Na?

And that's how I feel, honestly. But I understand those who feel like celebrating because they process things differently than I do. I understand now Gil didn't mean what I took him to mean, but I find it wrong to equate those celebrating the death of the mass murderer with those celebrating the mass murder itself. That's what Bernstein's tweet seemed to imply and I found that notion disgusting. I am earnestly sorry for my overreaction, but that to me seemed just wrong.

It's not you SKO.

It's all the assholes.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2011, 12:03:50 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 01, 2011, 11:58:54 PM
But I understand those who feel like celebrating because they process things differently than I do.

Don't say things like that, man. It's cartoonish dualism.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!