News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Thor 3D  ( 2,123 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Thor 3D
« on: May 08, 2011, 08:36:33 AM »
Complete mince.  Makes so little of the 3D that I honestly forgot more than once that it was a 3D film.  Moderately nice to look at on occasion but actually, considering that it's a film made within the realms of fantasy, they could have made far more of it.  The script is so flimsy I'd have to fold it three times before I felt safe to wipe my arse on it; the characters were barely sketched, let alone filled out; and it's all over and done with in an awful hurry, merciful though that turns out to be.  Why the hell Anthony Hopkins and Natalie Portman went anywhere near this project must be a mystery to them, as well as to me.

In short, skip it - and if this film is anything to go by, skip anything that rottentomatoes.com tells you is worth seeing.  80% of critics liked this celluloid abortion?  Ken Branagh's lips must be numb from all the hummers he's been giving out.  84% of audience members liked it?  Fucking imbeciles.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Thor 3D
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 09:21:46 AM »
Isn't everything released in 3D these days? I wasn't that impressed with Avatar in 3D, and haven't seen anything in 3D since. Just think about all the faces those glasses were on before you wore them. Gross.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 10:28:29 AM »
I fell asleep watching Avatar and can't imagine why anyone older than 8 would want to watch Thor.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 12:11:20 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on May 08, 2011, 08:36:33 AM
...  The script is so flimsy I'd have to fold it three times before I felt safe to wipe my arse on it;...

Wow!   I wish that I had written that.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 02:39:31 PM »
Eh, it was ok. Of course I got to see it for free, so I guess that's probably a factor.

The 3D was as unneccesary as any I've ever seen, though.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 11:26:48 PM »
Quote from: Bort on May 08, 2011, 02:39:31 PM
Eh, it was ok. Of course I got to see it for free, so I guess that's probably a factor.

Wait, you're also a projectionist in the Asian nursing tower?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 02:54:47 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 08, 2011, 12:11:20 PM
Quote from: Tonker on May 08, 2011, 08:36:33 AM
...  The script is so flimsy I'd have to fold it three times before I felt safe to wipe my arse on it;...

Wow!   I wish that I had written that.

Thanks, Stew.  I'd be lying if I said that I didn't give myself a small pat on the back when I saw what I'd done.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 07:43:32 AM »

I just need enough substance to keep the Avengers movie on track. Thor's always been one of the crappiest characters in the Marvel Universe in my opinion anyway. I mean, a new race of mutated humans, a kid bit by a radioactive spider, and a guy in a high tech suit are all totally easy to justify, but an actual Norse god? Straining credulity a bit much. Way to push religion, Marvel. Sorry if I don't want my kid exposed to a bunch of hokey pokey about Ragnarok when he should be reading a nice, secular comic book. I'm really looking forward to Captain America, though.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 09:17:12 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 09, 2011, 07:43:32 AM

I just need enough substance to keep the Avengers movie on track. Thor's always been one of the crappiest characters in the Marvel Universe in my opinion anyway. I mean, a new race of mutated humans, a kid bit by a radioactive spider, and a guy in a high tech suit are all totally easy to justify, but an actual Norse god? Straining credulity a bit much. Way to push religion, Marvel. Sorry if I don't want my kid exposed to a bunch of hokey pokey about Ragnarok when he should be reading a nice, secular comic book. I'm really looking forward to Captain America, though.

Ullr was a far superior god.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 09:25:09 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 09, 2011, 09:17:12 AM
Quote from: SKO on May 09, 2011, 07:43:32 AM

Ullr was a far superior god.

And CathyMay15 is the Supreme Norse Goddess.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 09:27:28 AM »
My main complaint about that movie: how do you not shoehorn in AC/DC's "Thunderstruck?"

COME ON, PEOPLE!
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 09:40:46 AM »
Quote from: Bort on May 09, 2011, 09:27:28 AM
My main complaint about that movie: how do you not shoehorn in AC/DC's "Thunderstruck?"

COME ON, PEOPLE!

I haven't seen the movie, but have to agree with Bort.  My policy is that AC/DC's Thunderstruck should be shoehorned into everything, even funerals.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 09:47:48 AM »
Quote from: CT III on May 09, 2011, 09:40:46 AM
Quote from: Bort on May 09, 2011, 09:27:28 AM

COME ON, PEOPLE!

I haven't seen the movie, but have to agree with Bort.  My policy is that AC/DC's Thunderstruck should be shoehorned into everything, even funerals.

?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015