News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011 NCAA/BigTen Football Thread  ( 69,985 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2011 NCAA/BigTen Football Thread
« Reply #135 on: November 09, 2011, 09:34:31 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 09, 2011, 09:20:08 AM
Quote from: Brownie on November 09, 2011, 09:12:18 AM
Quote from: Slaky on November 09, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Penn State should be evacuated and then nuked from space. Start over. Goodbye.

That's a good point. CT mentioned it earlier about not giving a crap about tattoos for cash or alleged did Deon Thomas get a Chevy Blazer or not or did Kelvin Sampson make 3-way phone calls with recruits. Or SMU sending envelopes of cash to players. Sure, that's cheating.

But what sanctions will the NCAA have for Penn State's football team? Anything short of the death penalty (and then maybe mandating Matt Millen run the program for the next 10 years, Detroit Lions-style) shows how shallow the NCAA is.

All of those schools you mentioned had suspensions and firings and everything you could imagine. This? Joe gets to retire at the end of the year. Has the NCAA even issued a statement on this? Why haven't they stepped in? Unlike selling things to get money for tattoos this is an ACTUAL CRIME.

Here's Mark Emmert, president of the NCAA:

QuoteFrom NCAA President Mark Emmert: "This is a criminal matter under investigation by law enforcement authorities and I will not comment on details. However, I have read the grand jury report and find the alleged assaults appalling.

"As a parent and an educator, the notion that anyone would use a position of trust to prey on children is despicable. My thoughts and concern go out to the alleged victims and their families."

However, Mark does have moral outrage for his DADGUM RULES!!!!!

QuoteLet's make no mistake: Today's violations in collegiate athletics are utterly indefensible. They overshadow all that is good in college sports. They cast doubt over the motivations of all involved and give credibility to the cynical view. Worse, they encourage others to cheat. That is why they cannot be tolerated.

Jim Delany dispatched a spokesman out from the bunker at Dee and Higgins rds to say "No comment."

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: November 09, 2011, 09:57:18 AM »
Now some fuckstain on Twitter is trying to debate the semantics of how involved Joe Paterno was. Apparently this guy is a massive Penn St fan or just hates children.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2011, 10:00:03 AM »
And this is lovely:

QuotePenn State athletics is now officially supporting the blue out!
http://www.gopsf.com/gopsf.html#/vault/all/231

In light of the numerous counts of alleged sexual abuse recently charged against former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky, wear blue to the Nebraska game to support the victims of child abuse worldwide. The Blue Ribbon Campaign against child abuse began 22 years ago and is recognized across the country. In addition to being the color of our team's home game jerseys, blue represents the color of bruises that have too often been neglected. Let's make national news for our collective actions to show solidarity with both the victims and our fellow classmates on the field. Even if you can't make the game, feel free to "attend" this event by wearing blue wherever you may be! We do not have to wait until THON to prove that Nittany Lions remain "For The Kids." On November 12, make it a blue-out.

Statistics: It is estimated that 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will have experienced an episode of sexual abuse while younger than 18 years. The numbers of boys affected may be falsely low because of reporting techniques (Botash, Ann, MD, Pediatric Annual, May, 1997).

UPDATES: A special thank you to the Panhellenic Council, College Republicans, College Democrats, College Independents, LION fm, the Blue & White Society, Paternoville, the Graduate Art Education Student Association, and ARHS for their support! Only together can we stand united with our fellow classmates and teammates.

And if you wear Cornhusker Red, you're opposed to domestic violence and sexual assault?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: November 09, 2011, 10:00:45 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 09, 2011, 10:00:03 AM
And this is lovely:

QuotePenn State athletics is now officially supporting the blue out!
http://www.gopsf.com/gopsf.html#/vault/all/231

In light of the numerous counts of alleged sexual abuse recently charged against former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky, wear blue to the Nebraska game to support the victims of child abuse worldwide. The Blue Ribbon Campaign against child abuse began 22 years ago and is recognized across the country. In addition to being the color of our team's home game jerseys, blue represents the color of bruises that have too often been neglected. Let's make national news for our collective actions to show solidarity with both the victims and our fellow classmates on the field. Even if you can't make the game, feel free to "attend" this event by wearing blue wherever you may be! We do not have to wait until THON to prove that Nittany Lions remain "For The Kids." On November 12, make it a blue-out.

Statistics: It is estimated that 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will have experienced an episode of sexual abuse while younger than 18 years. The numbers of boys affected may be falsely low because of reporting techniques (Botash, Ann, MD, Pediatric Annual, May, 1997).

UPDATES: A special thank you to the Panhellenic Council, College Republicans, College Democrats, College Independents, LION fm, the Blue & White Society, Paternoville, the Graduate Art Education Student Association, and ARHS for their support! Only together can we stand united with our fellow classmates and teammates.

And if you wear Cornhusker Red, you're opposed to domestic violence and sexual assault?

Don't forget to purchase a program at the gate! Go Lions!

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: November 09, 2011, 10:06:47 AM »
So basically at this point Joe Paterno and his legacy are bigger than everything up to and including child molestation in Penn State's world. Slaky is right, evacuate the place and nuke it.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: November 09, 2011, 10:08:32 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on November 09, 2011, 10:06:47 AM
So basically at this point Joe Paterno and his legacy are bigger than everything up to and including child molestation in Penn State's world. Slaky is right, evacuate the place and nuke it.

Well, dude, Nebraska is coming into Happy Valley! If beating the Huskers means another couple kids get sexually abused, well, that's a price that has to be paid.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: November 09, 2011, 10:09:39 AM »

Based upon the rally at Paterno's house last night, I'm not sure evacuation is a good idea.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: November 09, 2011, 10:15:44 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 09, 2011, 10:08:32 AM

Well, dude, Nebraska is coming into Happy Valley! If beating the Huskers means another couple kids get sexually abused, well, that's a price that has to be paid.

I wonder if it's like the Aztec human sacrifice. You know, keep throwing more kids to the pedophile in hopes of achieving a better result.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: November 09, 2011, 10:18:32 AM »
So basically at this point Joe Paterno and his legacy are bigger than everything up to and including child molestation rape in Penn State's world. Slaky is right, evacuate the place and nuke it.

When people do certain things to kids, we shouldn't mince words.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: November 09, 2011, 10:46:16 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 09, 2011, 10:18:32 AM
So basically at this point Joe Paterno and his legacy are bigger than everything up to and including child molestation rape in Penn State's world. Slaky is right, evacuate the place and nuke it.

Regular rape is OK for those who are pretty good football players, too. I mean, who's knocking on your door?

Quote"There's some tough — there's so many people gravitating to these kids. He may not have even known what he was getting into, Nicholson. They knock on the door; somebody may knock on the door; a cute girl knocks on the door. What do you do?"

"Geez. I hope — thank God they don't knock on my door because I'd refer them to a couple of other rooms," Paterno continued. "But that's too bad. You hate to see that. I really do. You like to see a kid end up his football career. He's a heck of a football player, by the way; he's a really good football player. And it's just too bad."

If nothing else, Joe should be applauded for his activism against MOVING VIOLATIONS!

QuotePaterno said he addresses safety issues with students when he sees a concern on campus.

"I must do that 10 times a year, because I think students have a disregard for safety," he said.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: November 09, 2011, 10:55:41 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 09, 2011, 10:46:16 AM

Regular rape is OK for those who are pretty good football players, too. I mean, who's knocking on your door?

Quote"There's some tough — there's so many people gravitating to these kids. He may not have even known what he was getting into, Nicholson. They knock on the door; somebody may knock on the door; a cute girl knocks on the door. What do you do?"

"Geez. I hope — thank God they don't knock on my door because I'd refer them to a couple of other rooms," Paterno continued. "But that's too bad. You hate to see that. I really do. You like to see a kid end up his football career. He's a heck of a football player, by the way; he's a really good football player. And it's just too bad."

If nothing else, Joe should be applauded for his activism against MOVING VIOLATIONS!

QuotePaterno said he addresses safety issues with students when he sees a concern on campus.

"I must do that 10 times a year, because I think students have a disregard for safety," he said.

A cute 10-year-old knocks on the door. What do you do? What do you do?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2011, 10:56:55 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 09, 2011, 10:55:41 AM

Did he jaywalk?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2011, 11:04:55 AM »
You people are all missing the biggest part of this story and that is: WHO IS GOING TO REPLACE JOEPA!!?!?!?!?

(oh and that whole thing is a tragedy and everything)

Nuke PSU.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: November 09, 2011, 11:08:24 AM »

He already said, "refer them to a couple of other rooms," meaning, I assume, wherever the SanduskyMonster is staying.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2011, 11:09:24 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 09, 2011, 11:08:24 AM

He already said, "refer them to a couple of other rooms," meaning, I assume, wherever the SanduskyMonster is staying.

I don't think cute girls are Sandusky's type.