News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011 NCAA/BigTen Football Thread  ( 70,033 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2011 NCAA/BigTen Football Thread
« Reply #225 on: November 10, 2011, 11:24:44 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on November 10, 2011, 11:19:18 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 10, 2011, 11:16:52 AM
Quote from: PenPho on November 10, 2011, 11:12:30 AM
Well, he did have a computer that they found in the river with the hard drive destroyed and removed.

Hopefully, if these new allegations are true, they'll find the trail before it finds a similar fate.

In 1998 Sandusky was accused of sexual abuse of a child, but it was thrown out. In 1999, Sandusky retired at the age of 55. He was always rumored to be the successor for Paterno at Penn State University. He was a great defensive coordinator. But he was never even rumored to take another job in football. What I find even more troubling is the fact that McQuery walked in on this in 2002, when he was a graduate assistant.

In 2003, he was now a full-time coach. Ray Gricar, the district attorney who didn't file charges against Sandusky, subsequently went missing in 2005, and was declared legally dead in 2011, less than a year before he planned to retire and all his files and evidence would have been turned over to the incoming DA. His computer was found in a river with the hard drive removed. The hard drive was recovered a little further up the river and was completely destroyed. Now I have no evidence at all that any of this is linked to the Sandusky scandal, but it just seems a little more of cover up than the coaches just being negligent to me.

That laptop was Gricar's, not Sandusky's.

Adding: Free Republic, Pen? Really?

What, you don't like things that are free?

I'm mostly just surprised that that poster isn't trying to add Gricar to the Clinton Body Count.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #226 on: November 10, 2011, 11:34:36 AM »
More on Gricar's laptop...

http://www.centredaily.com/2009/04/15/1228995/foul-play-theory-weakened.html

QuoteBELLEFONTE — Before he disappeared on April 15, 2005, police say former District Attorney Ray Gricar used his home computer to search the Internet for information on "how to wreck a hard drive," "how to fry a hard drive," and "water damage to a notebook computer."

Tuesday, a day before the fourth anniversary of Gricar's disappearance, Bellefonte Police Detective Matthew Rickard released the information, raising the question of why Gricar would have wanted to destroy that hard drive.

It wasn't until Tuesday that they revealed the extent of Gricar's probable quest to clear the hard drive. They say the state police forensic computer lab found early in the investigation that the searches for information on "Window Washer 5.0" and other hard-drive erasing products had been made on the computer at the home Gricar shared with his live-in girlfriend.

Other searches included: "how to wreck a hard drive," "how to fry a hard drive," "what's inside a computer," "what's inside a notebook computer," and "water damage to a notebook computer."

Investigators previously had disclosed that they had, through interviews, heard that Gricar was talking about ways to erase a hard drive with friends and colleagues about 16 months before he disappeared. A box for such software was seen at his house around January 2004.

"The investigation learned early on that Mr. Gricar had, in fact, purchased software to accomplish this," Rickard said. "It was believed that pending Mr. Gricar's retirement, he may have wanted to erase his county-issued laptop computer prior to returning the laptop to the District Attorney's Office."

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #228 on: November 10, 2011, 12:54:48 PM »
Here's why, for the idiots that think Paterno "did what he needed to do", I find him to be as contemptible, if not moreso, than anyone not named Sandusky. He wielded (past tense) tremendous influence on the entire campus. He was arguably bigger than anything that Penn State had. Imagine a world where McQueary does the same exact thing. He sees this rape. Calls his dad. They have the meeting with Joe Paterno. Here's where the story diverges from real life: Paterno listens to the claims and says thank you to McQueary for bringing this to attention. He calls the police. Not his boss, not the guy who's in charge of the police, he calls the actual police like any citizen would who witnessed something horrible and against the law. He tells them that he believes Jerry Sandusky was raping a boy on campus and should be arrested.

Everyone is saved the trouble of having to pretend like nothing ever happened. Paterno is a hero. Sandusky is not allowed to rape anyone else going forward.

Seems like such a simple thing that could have made all of this unnecessary.

That's why I blame Paterno for this. No, he didn't commit a crime but no one had the influence that he did. He could have stopped all of this and proven that he was as great as everyone used to think he was. Instead he's just another piece of shit who tried to cover his own ass and save his football legacy. What a disgrace of a human being he is.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #229 on: November 10, 2011, 01:28:33 PM »
Two things jump out at from the grand jury report.  The janitors feared for their jobs if anyone reported what Jim Calhoun saw and the first thing that McQueary did when he saw Sandusky raping that kid was call his dad, and they both decided they needed to go to Paterno rather than the police.

To me, that speaks volumes about the sort of command climate Paterno established out there and it makes me wonder what they tend to cover up on a regular basis.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #230 on: November 10, 2011, 01:37:00 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on November 10, 2011, 01:28:33 PM
Two things jump out at from the grand jury report.  The janitors feared for their jobs if anyone reported what Jim Calhoun saw and the first thing that McQueary did when he saw Sandusky raping that kid was call his dad, and they both decided they needed to go to Paterno rather than the police.

To me, that speaks volumes about the sort of command climate Paterno established out there and it makes me wonder what they tend to cover up on a regular basis.

The physical reaction of the janitor who's now too demented to testify was very startling. I wonder how much of the reaction was based on what he saw and what the fallout might be from it. The part with Sandusky circling the parking lot until 3 am gave me the creeps.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #231 on: November 10, 2011, 02:07:03 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 10, 2011, 01:37:00 PM
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on November 10, 2011, 01:28:33 PM

The physical reaction of the janitor who's now too demented to testify was very startling. I wonder how much of the reaction was based on what he saw and what the fallout might be from it. The part with Sandusky circling the parking lot until 3 am gave me the creeps.

Yeah what the hell was that all about? Was he trying to intimidate the staff or something?

The stuff about the janitor dying in a nursing home of dementia was so awful. As he said, the guy had seen some serious shit in his life. But as I think you already mentioned you can't help but seeing something so revolting had to play a part in the guy losing his shit.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #232 on: November 10, 2011, 02:35:08 PM »
Guys, I didn't read the entire thread so I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here that Sandusky also had adopted children (8, maybe?) and was the caregiver for foster children in the past.  This stuff at Penn State may just be the tip of the iceberg.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #233 on: November 10, 2011, 03:14:21 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 10, 2011, 02:35:08 PM
Guys, I didn't read the entire thread so I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here that Sandusky also had adopted children (8, maybe?) and was the caregiver for foster children in the past.  This stuff at Penn State may just be the tip of the iceberg.

just the tip
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #234 on: November 10, 2011, 03:44:34 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 10, 2011, 02:35:08 PM
Guys, I didn't read the entire thread so I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here that Sandusky also had adopted children (8, maybe?) and was the caregiver for foster children in the past.  This stuff at Penn State may just be the tip of the iceberg.

I saw that and also saw, while reading the Grand Jury Report, that when shit was getting real that one of the victims was being phoned by among others, Sandusky himself as well as Sandusky's wife, which got me to wondering where does she fit into all this?  If she's calling on behalf of her repressed, child-boogering husband to stifle testimony, not only might that be considered tampering but might also imply that she knew what her husband was up to, which makes my mind bleed with near-explosive ruptures.  I suppose it's possible that Mrs. Sandusky's head was so far up her own ass that she felt her husband was being unfairly railroaded but--and while I won't try to underestimate the power of denial-- considering that this behavior very likely went on for decades, I'm really wondering how she didn't have an idea as to what was going on.  And if she did, fuck her too.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #235 on: November 10, 2011, 03:55:39 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 10, 2011, 12:54:48 PM
Here's why, for the idiots that think Paterno "did what he needed to do", I find him to be as contemptible, if not moreso, than anyone not named Sandusky. He wielded (past tense) tremendous influence on the entire campus. He was arguably bigger than anything that Penn State had. Imagine a world where McQueary does the same exact thing. He sees this rape. Calls his dad. They have the meeting with Joe Paterno. Here's where the story diverges from real life: Paterno listens to the claims and says thank you to McQueary for bringing this to attention. He calls the police. Not his boss, not the guy who's in charge of the police, he calls the actual police like any citizen would who witnessed something horrible and against the law. He tells them that he believes Jerry Sandusky was raping a boy on campus and should be arrested.

Everyone is saved the trouble of having to pretend like nothing ever happened. Paterno is a hero. Sandusky is not allowed to rape anyone else going forward.

That's why I blame Paterno for this. No, he didn't commit a crime but no one had the influence that he did. He could have stopped all of this and proven that he was as great as everyone used to think he was. Instead he's just another piece of shit who tried to cover his own ass and save his football legacy. What a disgrace of a human being he is.

I think it's sadly another example of how often the stupid "leadership" card thrown out in football and sports is completely pointless. I don't question JoePa's legacy as a great coach or a guy who had profound influence on many of his players. I think he's probably still in general not a bad human being. But here's a guy that's been billed as a "leader" for forty years and yet, when an actual event that required someone to be a real leader, not a fucking football coach, he buckled and hid behind his legacy. It's sad.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #236 on: November 10, 2011, 04:11:01 PM »
Quote from: SKO on November 10, 2011, 03:55:39 PM
Quote from: Slaky on November 10, 2011, 12:54:48 PM

I think it's sadly another example of how often the stupid "leadership" card thrown out in football and sports is completely pointless. I don't question JoePa's legacy as a great coach or a guy who had profound influence on many of his players. I think he's probably still in general not a bad human being. But here's a guy that's been billed as a "leader" for forty years and yet, when an actual event that required someone to be a real leader, not a fucking football coach, he buckled and hid behind his legacy. It's sad.

SKO is Alec Baldwin?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #237 on: November 10, 2011, 04:49:14 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 10, 2011, 03:44:34 PM
her repressed, child-boogering husband

Now that would have probably crossed the line. Keep your nose fruit to yourself, Sandusky.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #238 on: November 10, 2011, 04:54:13 PM »

Imagine how much different the tenor of this thread would of been if this were Tony LaRussa instead of Joe Paterno.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #239 on: November 10, 2011, 04:56:05 PM »