News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011 NCAA/BigTen Football Thread  ( 70,010 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2011 NCAA/BigTen Football Thread
« Reply #450 on: June 23, 2012, 10:11:46 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 23, 2012, 09:45:15 AM
Quote from: PANK! on June 22, 2012, 10:48:26 PM
Faith in humanity: restored...for now.

Not happily after after--lots of lives irreversibly and unnecessarily damaged here--but I'm at least glad the cult of PENN STATE FOOTBAW didn't win the day.  My only allowance for Sandusky would be if he, himself, was often diddled as a child but, lacking that, burn in hades, fucko.

Since PENN STATE FOOTBAW made grown men abdicate their responsibilities to protect innocent children, PENN STATE FOOTBAW should be taken away and, maybe, someday rebuilt as an institution that doesn't root for child rape, just for the novelty of it. Death penalty for three years, five scholarships in Year 4, adding more each year on a probationary basis. Death penalty becomes permanent if anything that could fit under a broad definition of "Paterno praise" is uttered by anyone at the program. Who's with me?

Or maybe just napalm the entire state. Nothing is off the table.

Well, it's not over until the Paterno Family weighs in:

QuoteAlthough we understand the task of healing is just beginning, today's verdict is an important milestone. The community owes a measure of gratitude to the jurors for their diligent service. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with the victims and their families.

Yeah, if there's one thing that had me really concerned, it was how the Penn State community would be able heal itself after all those years of actively sheltering or simply looking the other way while Jerry Sandusky raped kids.  Now, he's going to jail and everything can just go back the way it was.  Well, except that those bastards in the media killed JOEPA.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #451 on: June 23, 2012, 10:23:26 AM »
Quote from: CT III on June 23, 2012, 10:11:46 AM

Not happily after after--lots of lives irreversibly and unnecessarily damaged here--but I'm at least glad the cult of PENN STATE FOOTBAW didn't win the day.  My only allowance for Sandusky would be if he, himself, was often diddled as a child but, lacking that, burn in hades, fucko.

Since PENN STATE FOOTBAW made grown men abdicate their responsibilities to protect innocent children, PENN STATE FOOTBAW should be taken away and, maybe, someday rebuilt as an institution that doesn't root for child rape, just for the novelty of it. Death penalty for three years, five scholarships in Year 4, adding more each year on a probationary basis. Death penalty becomes permanent if anything that could fit under a broad definition of "Paterno praise" is uttered by anyone at the program. Who's with me?

QuoteAlthough we understand the task of healing is just beginning, today's verdict is an important milestone. The community owes a measure of gratitude to the jurors for their diligent service. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with the victims and their families.

Yeah, if there's one thing that had me really concerned, it was how the Penn State community would be able heal itself after all those years of actively sheltering or simply looking the other way while Jerry Sandusky raped kids.  Now, he's going to jail and everything can just go back the way it was.  Well, except that those bastards in the media killed JOEPA.

Those are some special people who feel that way.

And I think napalming the state is extreme.  A little credit to the jurors who in making the right verdict proved their state's not entirely retarded.

Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #452 on: June 23, 2012, 10:52:46 AM »

On. The. Table. But I do agree, there may be hope for Pedovania yet.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #453 on: June 23, 2012, 12:44:16 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 23, 2012, 08:54:25 AM

I will root against the Heat with the fire of a thousand suns from now on. Should be some fun rational butthurt to carry out.
Jerry Sandusky coached for the Heat too?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #454 on: June 24, 2012, 10:30:25 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on June 23, 2012, 12:44:16 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 23, 2012, 08:54:25 AM

I will root against the Heat with the fire of a thousand suns from now on. Should be some fun rational butthurt to carry out.
Jerry Sandusky coached for the Heat too?

I have no fucking clue what I was doing there. I didn't sleep alot last week and went a little more batshit than usual. Happens.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #455 on: June 27, 2012, 10:08:48 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 23, 2012, 10:23:26 AM

Not happily after after--lots of lives irreversibly and unnecessarily damaged here--but I'm at least glad the cult of PENN STATE FOOTBAW didn't win the day.  My only allowance for Sandusky would be if he, himself, was often diddled as a child but, lacking that, burn in hades, fucko.

Yeah, if there's one thing that had me really concerned, it was how the Penn State community would be able heal itself after all those years of actively sheltering or simply looking the other way while Jerry Sandusky raped kids.  Now, he's going to jail and everything can just go back the way it was.  Well, except that those bastards in the media killed JOEPA.

And I think napalming the state is extreme.  A little credit to the jurors who in making the right verdict proved their state's not entirely retarded.

I'm still not sure why anyone (BH) thought the jury would let Sandusky off.

I mean, yeah... If that organ bag Paterno were going to trial with Schultz and Curley instead of salting the earth of Spring Creek Presbyterian Cemetery right now, I'd probably lay pretty big odds on a "not guilty" verdict for that addled old coot. But Sandusky?

Did people really think that Penn Staters loved Paterno so much that they'd be willing to acquit a child rapist just because Paterno went to his grave still not understanding what the big deal was about said child rapist's child raping?

I mean has there been anyone out there defending Jerry Sandusky besides Dottie Sandusky?

Even his shitty lawyers seem to figure that, yeah, Jerry probably raped those kids.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #456 on: June 27, 2012, 10:23:00 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 27, 2012, 10:08:48 AM
Quote from: PANK! on June 23, 2012, 10:23:26 AM

Not happily after after--lots of lives irreversibly and unnecessarily damaged here--but I'm at least glad the cult of PENN STATE FOOTBAW didn't win the day.  My only allowance for Sandusky would be if he, himself, was often diddled as a child but, lacking that, burn in hades, fucko.

Yeah, if there's one thing that had me really concerned, it was how the Penn State community would be able heal itself after all those years of actively sheltering or simply looking the other way while Jerry Sandusky raped kids.  Now, he's going to jail and everything can just go back the way it was.  Well, except that those bastards in the media killed JOEPA.

And I think napalming the state is extreme.  A little credit to the jurors who in making the right verdict proved their state's not entirely retarded.

I'm still not sure why anyone (BH) thought the jury would let Sandusky off.

I mean, yeah... If that organ bag Paterno were going to trial with Schultz and Curley instead of salting the earth of Spring Creek Presbyterian Cemetery right now, I'd probably lay pretty big odds on a "not guilty" verdict for that addled old coot. But Sandusky?

Did people really think that Penn Staters loved Paterno so much that they'd be willing to acquit a child rapist just because Paterno went to his grave still not understanding what the big deal was about said child rapist's child raping?

I mean has there been anyone out there defending Jerry Sandusky besides Dottie Sandusky?

Even his shitty lawyers seem to figure that, yeah, Jerry probably raped those kids.

I don't know that anybody confidently said the jury would let Sandusky go, just that it was a possibility.  What's wrong with that?

The ramifications from this verdict--which will slowly come to fruition-- will likely (and rightly) und-do Paterno's entire legacy, and I don't think you'd ignore that there is a relatively sizeable cult-like following around Paterno with warped values that would consider that the most important thing.  Yes, even more important than hundreds of innocent lives shattered thanks to Sandusky's rapeyness.  I don't think it's outside the realm of conceivability that there could have been one or more of these people who found themselves on the jury.  Clearly, that's not how it played out, but after having watched the behavior of many of these people between the arrest and the trial, I'd say that to just assume that they'd do the right thing is as naive as it is cynical to assume that they wouldn't.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #457 on: June 27, 2012, 10:36:40 AM »
Let's talk about fun stuff, like the new playoff coming.  BONER

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #458 on: June 27, 2012, 10:42:56 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 27, 2012, 10:23:00 AM
I don't know that anybody confidently said the jury would let Sandusky go, just that it was a possibility.

Quote from: BH on February 08, 2012, 11:47:41 AM
I'm thoroughly convinced Sandusky will walk, when this is all said and done. People in Penn don't seem to care about the victims, and Sandusky's innocence would mean Paterno was right all along.

Quote from: BH on June 13, 2012, 03:17:45 PM
I'm still convinced one dumbass penn juror will say Jerry wasn't guilty of anything.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #459 on: June 27, 2012, 10:53:20 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 27, 2012, 10:42:56 AM
I don't know that anybody confidently said the jury would let Sandusky go, just that it was a possibility.

I'm thoroughly convinced Sandusky will walk, when this is all said and done. People in Penn don't seem to care about the victims, and Sandusky's innocence would mean Paterno was right all along.

I'm still convinced one dumbass penn juror will say Jerry wasn't guilty of anything.

I'm still shocked they found the tickle monster guilty.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #460 on: June 27, 2012, 11:06:37 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 27, 2012, 10:53:20 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 27, 2012, 10:42:56 AM

I'm still shocked they found the tickle monster guilty.

"Tickle Monster" makes me laugh.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #461 on: June 27, 2012, 01:08:56 PM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on June 27, 2012, 10:36:40 AM

Or the first 3-loss team being crowned National Champion. BONER
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #462 on: June 27, 2012, 01:23:39 PM »
Quote from: Fork on June 27, 2012, 01:08:56 PM

There hasn't been a 3 loss team in the top 4 of the BCS in the last 14 years.... So what was the point again?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #463 on: June 27, 2012, 01:27:22 PM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on June 27, 2012, 01:23:39 PM

There hasn't been a 3 loss team in the top 4 of the BCS in the last 14 years.... So what was the point again?

How long do you actually expect it to be 4 teams?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #464 on: June 27, 2012, 01:33:42 PM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on June 27, 2012, 01:23:39 PM

Fork is lamenting the day when they inevitably expand to 8, then 12, then 16, then 24, and probably eventually 32 teams, which would inevitably force the playoff to start around Thanksgiving weekend giving you a slate of 16 games from Wednesday night through the Saturday after Thanksgiving. You'll then have a few decent games every weekend culminating with a Final Four on New Year's Day and a championship game the week after. And when that 3-loss team wins, they'll have three somewhat fluky losses against top tier opponents and then they'll have won five playoff games.

To me, that would be glorious. Had Gordon Hayward made that half-court shot against Duke in 2010, would moan "Oh this sucks, a Horizon League team that lost to a couple shitty teams along the way won the national championship?" Or would they note that the current college football season is a pile of shit because the national championship is decided less on what happens on the field than on what happens off of it.