News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: NBA Hoop Thread (Non-Fro Dog Edition)  ( 91,507 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: NBA Hoop Thread (Non-Fro Dog Edition)
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2012, 10:20:03 AM »
My good friend KELLY DWYER with your post-mortem.

Just. Read. THI

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/chicago-bulls-gone-till-november-081951330.html

QuoteThe sticking point with these Chicago Bulls is that they appear to be a team created for the regular season, and nothing else. That the group, when mixed together, has an obsession formed by drive and probably intra-squad peer pressure to treat games in February and December as they would during the spring and possibly summer months, but that this spirit either wears on a team, or renders them easily matched in the playoffs. There is a legitimacy to this claim, after a second straight season of huge amounts of regular season wins followed up by either a struggle of a postseason run (as Chicago slogged through last year), or a too-early exit like we witnessed on Thursday night.

This is where Chicago, perhaps, reverses all that. They may have no choice but to.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2012, 10:24:26 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on May 11, 2012, 10:14:07 AM
Quote from: PANK! on May 11, 2012, 09:59:49 AM
Quote from: Slaky on May 11, 2012, 09:41:35 AM
I found it really hard to work up anger after Rose went down. Did I watch the final minutes with my butthole clenched? Yes. Was the last minute meltdown sad? Sure.

But I'm not going to start tweezing my sack hairs over this. It sucked the second Rose hobbled off the court.

Hopefully next year they find a nice groove with their role players while Rose gets healthy for the playoffs.

This is pretty much everything right here.  Without Rose they had no chance anyway, so the gnashing of teeth over the game and series is a little melodramatic.  It would have been a nice story to come back down from 3-1 and deliver some asshurt to that weirdo Doug Collins but that likely would have been the high point once DR went down.

Thought you didnt watch the Bulls?

Nope. 

Was I not allowed to follow them, either?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2012, 10:25:15 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 11, 2012, 09:48:20 AM
While people are being dumb about needing to blow up the entire team, next year doesn't look very promising. There's no cap room to add anyone of significance in the offseason, they're not going to amnesty Boozer (and if they did, his replacement would probably be worse so it's not worth it) and they don't have the right assets to make a trade. So most likely, the same team is coming back next year with the caveat that Rose is unlikely to be completely 100% by the playoffs. He might be close, but that's probably not enough. And if Deng has surgery and also misses half the season it's not unreasonable the team limps to a 5 or 6 seed, making it even tougher in the playoffs.

It's depressing to already think of next year being a lost year, but I can't see it going any other way.

* 2014 should be fine though

I was looking at Basketball Reference the other day for guys who can create offense, aren't old as balls, and will be a free agent. The one dude I noticed was Louis Williams. But now you've reminded me they have no cap room and crushed my modest dreams.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2012, 10:25:28 AM »
I found it really hard to work up anger after Rose went down. Did I watch the final minutes with my butthole clenched? Yes. Was the last minute meltdown sad? Sure.

But I'm not going to start tweezing my sack hairs over this. It sucked the second Rose hobbled off the court.

Hopefully next year they find a nice groove with their role players while Rose gets healthy for the playoffs.

This is pretty much everything right here.  Without Rose they had no chance anyway, so the gnashing of teeth over the game and series is a little melodramatic.  It would have been a nice story to come back down from 3-1 and deliver some asshurt to that weirdo Doug Collins but that likely would have been the high point once DR went down.

Last night, Huard described Collins as "womanly" during a postgame text exchange (||). It's hard to describe how hard I lol'd.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2012, 10:27:55 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 11, 2012, 10:04:42 AM
Quote from: BH on May 11, 2012, 09:59:33 AM
Then you're right. This team will be an overachieving, try hard, decent team like they were this year.
Unless they get creative in trades, which hasn't been something garpax has been too interested in before.

My biggest worry with next year is that Rose gets rushed back too early in an attempt to be competitive and does long-term damage to himself. The Bulls organization obviously has a pretty sketchy history with injured guys, even before these last few weeks.

This is a very legitimate concern. These guys are almost a lock to screw that up.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2012, 10:30:17 AM »
Quote from: BH on May 11, 2012, 10:15:22 AM
Then you're right. This team will be an overachieving, try hard, decent team like they were this year.
Unless they get creative in trades, which hasn't been something garpax has been too interested in before.

My biggest worry with next year is that Rose gets rushed back too early in an attempt to be competitive and does long-term damage to himself. The Bulls organization obviously has a pretty sketchy history with injured guys, even before these last few weeks.

Hopefully the bulls listen to rose's complaints about the training staff and get decent doctors on board.

His surgeon is about as good as it gets.
Dr. Brian Cole.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2012, 10:35:01 AM »
Quote from: flannj on May 11, 2012, 10:30:17 AM
Quote from: BH on May 11, 2012, 10:15:22 AM

Hopefully the bulls listen to rose's complaints about the training staff and get decent doctors on board.

His surgeon is about as good as it gets.
Dr. Brian Cole.

By the time he gets to the surgeon it's TOO LATE!!!!1!!!!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2012, 10:40:33 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 11, 2012, 10:27:55 AM

This is a very legitimate concern. These guys are almost a lock to screw that up.

Why are you here? I know you've only liked the Heat for about 5 minutes so maybe you haven't found a place on the Internet to talk about them, but go Google it or something.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: May 11, 2012, 10:47:46 AM »
And for all the "experts" that think Rose won't be able to come back %100 from this injury.

Adrian Petersen this past Wednesday 4 months after ACL and MCL surgery.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: May 11, 2012, 11:08:48 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 11, 2012, 10:40:33 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 11, 2012, 10:27:55 AM

Why are you here? I know you've only liked the Heat for about 5 minutes so maybe you haven't found a place on the Internet to talk about them, but go Google it or something.

What?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: May 11, 2012, 11:32:46 AM »
Quote from: flannj on May 11, 2012, 10:47:46 AM
And for all the "experts" that think Rose won't be able to come back %100 from this injury.

Adrian Petersen this past Wednesday 4 months after ACL and MCL surgery.

I always thought basketball players jumped a lot more than football players, but I'm probably wrong.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2012, 11:35:26 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 11, 2012, 10:24:26 AM

Nope. 

No.

But attesting to your casual fandom in one breath only to turn around and say you couldn't get excited for this playoff series in another comes off kind of like Chuck tweeting about the Hawks back in February.

(Stress on "kind of like". Not "exactly like". You're no Internet Chuck.)
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: May 11, 2012, 11:41:41 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 11, 2012, 11:35:26 AM
Quote from: PANK! on May 11, 2012, 10:24:26 AM

Nope. 

No.

But attesting to your casual fandom in one breath only to turn around and say you couldn't get excited for this playoff series in another comes off kind of like Chuck tweeting about the Hawks back in February.

I never said I wasn't excited for the playoff series, did I?  I was looking forward to it, in fact, until Rose got hurt.  And I don't think it makes my opinion--as stated above--any less valid in any event.

Whatevs.  I made you side with TDubbs so I'm calling this a moral victory.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2012, 11:47:30 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 11, 2012, 11:41:41 AM
I never said I wasn't excited for the playoff series, did I?  I was looking forward to it, in fact, until Rose got hurt.  And I don't think it makes my opinion--as stated above--any less valid in any event.

You're telling people who are getting worked up over the outcome of the series that they're being too "melodramatic". WHO THE HELL ARE YOU, PAL?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2012, 11:48:55 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 11, 2012, 11:35:26 AM

Nice to have goals.