News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: NBA Hoop Thread (Non-Fro Dog Edition)  ( 91,562 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: NBA Hoop Thread (Non-Fro Dog Edition)
« Reply #180 on: June 06, 2012, 12:14:16 PM »
Quote from: Fork on June 06, 2012, 11:18:53 AM
Quote from: thehawk on June 06, 2012, 10:02:51 AM
Quote from: R-V on June 06, 2012, 09:23:07 AM
Can both things be true - that LeBron is the best basketball player alive (and possibly ever) AND he kinda sorta soils his skivvies at the end of games?

I do not think it can be. Not to sound Simmonsesq, but I think to be the classed as a 'greatest of an era/ GOAT' in basketball, winning championships and coming through at the end of big games is a requirement.  LeBron could well be the most talented basketball player alive and possibly ever, but not the best (which is one of the things that makes him so interesting to watch)

There have been plenty of incredibly talented guys who never won titles. When the most talented player also is the one who works the hardest & puts his stamp in big games (particularly in the late going), they get statues outside arenas.

Like Patrick Ewing?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #181 on: June 06, 2012, 12:16:58 PM »
Quote from: R-V on June 06, 2012, 12:14:16 PM
Can both things be true - that LeBron is the best basketball player alive (and possibly ever) AND he kinda sorta soils his skivvies at the end of games?

I do not think it can be. Not to sound Simmonsesq, but I think to be the classed as a 'greatest of an era/ GOAT' in basketball, winning championships and coming through at the end of big games is a requirement.  LeBron could well be the most talented basketball player alive and possibly ever, but not the best (which is one of the things that makes him so interesting to watch)

There have been plenty of incredibly talented guys who never won titles. When the most talented player also is the one who works the hardest & puts his stamp in big games (particularly in the late going), they get statues outside arenas.

Like Patrick Ewing?

If I had the inclination to find it, I would link to a previous Fork post that said Ewing "never took a breath in his life as the best Center in the NBA."
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #182 on: June 06, 2012, 12:19:07 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on June 06, 2012, 12:16:58 PM

Like Patrick Ewing?

If I had the inclination to find it, I would link to a previous Fork post that said Ewing "never took a breath in his life as the best Center in the NBA."

I was just stickpoking Apex.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #183 on: June 06, 2012, 12:27:55 PM »

Like Patrick Ewing?

Intrepid Readers: Hakeem Olajuwon & Shaquille O'Neal

Hi.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #184 on: June 06, 2012, 12:29:20 PM »

Like Patrick Ewing?

So, he couldn't have been incredibly talented because he wasn't quite as good as Hakeem and Shaq?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #185 on: June 06, 2012, 12:31:26 PM »

I've read this 4 times and still have no idea what it means. Are you saying lebron doesn't work hard? or that if you don't win a title, but do work hard, that you get a statue outside arenas?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #186 on: June 06, 2012, 12:31:44 PM »
Quote from: CT III on June 06, 2012, 12:29:20 PM

Like Patrick Ewing?

So, he couldn't have been incredibly talented because he wasn't quite as good as Hakeem and Shaq?

Not incredibly talented in the context of where this conversation started as in Lebron being "the most talented player."
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #187 on: June 06, 2012, 12:34:16 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on June 06, 2012, 12:31:44 PM

Like Patrick Ewing?

Not incredibly talented in the context of where this conversation started as in Lebron being "the most talented player."

This whole conversation is so bad I wish Apex or TDubbs would show up and post.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #188 on: June 06, 2012, 01:14:07 PM »
Quote from: CT III on June 06, 2012, 12:34:16 PM

Like Patrick Ewing?

You can't possibly mean that.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #189 on: June 06, 2012, 01:23:08 PM »
Quote from: Bort on June 06, 2012, 01:14:07 PM
Quote from: CT III on June 06, 2012, 12:34:16 PM

Like Patrick Ewing?

You can't possibly mean that.

Post what?  A rap video?
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #190 on: June 06, 2012, 02:15:51 PM »

Like Patrick Ewing?

He could have been, just not the best.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #191 on: June 07, 2012, 02:12:05 AM »
What a fucking pointless discussion.  And yes, I am new here.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #192 on: June 07, 2012, 09:48:43 AM »
Guess I was finally wrong about the Spurs. And a bunch of other stuff.

*sips lukewarm Dr. Pepper*

*gets son*
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #193 on: June 07, 2012, 12:30:30 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 07, 2012, 09:48:43 AM
Guess I was finally wrong about the Spurs. And a bunch of other stuff.

*sips lukewarm Dr. Pepper*

*gets son*

I admit it...I just re-read this thread beginning to end. 

It was mostly enjoyable. 

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #194 on: June 08, 2012, 07:49:11 AM »
Sounds like a monster game from King James last night.  Perhaps the Facebook LULZ were possibly premature?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs