News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: NBA Hoop Thread (Non-Fro Dog Edition)  ( 91,551 )

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: NBA Hoop Thread (Non-Fro Dog Edition)
« Reply #255 on: June 19, 2013, 09:45:27 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 19, 2013, 09:27:36 AM
Quote from: Eli on June 19, 2013, 07:59:34 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 19, 2013, 01:01:12 AM
And wonder why your team isn't in one of these funny videos.

Because we didn't hop on a team's bandwagon once it was clear they would be awesome.

Apex is actually, without question, the best Miami Heat fan alive. Every other Heat fan is actual fucking garbage.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/19/4443978/heat-spurs-fans-leave-early-nba-finals-2013

Wow. I was listening on the radio and Tirico said something about people leaving. I got home in time for overtime and the stands still looked full, so I figured he was exaggerating or wrong. Anyone who left should never be allowed into another sporting event.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: June 19, 2013, 09:59:34 AM »
Quote from: Tony on June 19, 2013, 09:45:27 AM

Because we didn't hop on a team's bandwagon once it was clear they would be awesome.

Apex is actually, without question, the best Miami Heat fan alive. Every other Heat fan is actual fucking garbage.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/19/4443978/heat-spurs-fans-leave-early-nba-finals-2013

Wow. I was listening on the radio and Tirico said something about people leaving. I got home in time for overtime and the stands still looked full, so I figured he was exaggerating or wrong. Anyone who left should never be allowed into another sporting event.

According to ESPN, teams that lead by 5 points with 20-30 seconds remaining win 98.6 percent of the time. If somebody wanted to start walking out rather than watch an opponent celebrate a title on their team's home floor, I'm not going to call them a shitty fan. That's fucking illiterate.

I hear all the time about awful Miami Heat fans but I follow dozens of them on Twitter that are just like everybody else. So there are some real doucherockets with season tickets in the lower bowl of American Airlines Arena. The upper reaches are always filled with fans who come early to watch LeBron put on his dunk display in warmups and stay late just like fans of every other NBA team besides the Pacers, who despite having arguably the third best team in the league, ranked 27th in attendance this year. That's lower than the Bobcats.

And a word about the officiating. At the end of an NBA Finals Game 6, don't go begging for calls. LeBron shouldn't either but he did and that's the one thing about him that really pisses me off. He's got to stop doing that shit.

And then this. After Ray Allen's three, the officials stopped the game to review the shot and ensure that it was in fact a three-pointer. Clearly it was. When they stopped the game, San Antonio had no timeouts and Tim Duncan wasn't on the floor. You might have noticed that when Bosh was snagging the offensive rebound and finding Ray in the corner. Well, after the review, Duncan entered the game. That's an illegal substitution. It should have been a technical foul, Ray should have gotten a free throw and the ball and the game should never have gone to overtime.

Bad is bad. Cry me a fucking river.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: June 19, 2013, 10:06:55 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 19, 2013, 09:59:34 AM

According to ESPN, teams that lead by 5 points with 20-30 seconds remaining win 98.6 percent of the time. If somebody wanted to start walking out rather than watch an opponent celebrate a title on their team's home floor, I'm not going to call them a shitty fan. That's fucking illiterate.

I hear all the time about awful Miami Heat fans but I follow dozens of them on Twitter that are just like everybody else. So there are some real doucherockets with season tickets in the lower bowl of American Airlines Arena. The upper reaches are always filled with fans who come early to watch LeBron put on his dunk display in warmups and stay late just like fans of every other NBA team besides the Pacers, who despite having arguably the third best team in the league, ranked 27th in attendance this year. That's lower than the Bobcats.

And a word about the officiating. At the end of an NBA Finals Game 6, don't go begging for calls. LeBron shouldn't either but he did and that's the one thing about him that really pisses me off. He's got to stop doing that shit.

And then this. After Ray Allen's three, the officials stopped the game to review the shot and ensure that it was in fact a three-pointer. Clearly it was. When they stopped the game, San Antonio had no timeouts and Tim Duncan wasn't on the floor. You might have noticed that when Bosh was snagging the offensive rebound and finding Ray in the corner. Well, after the review, Duncan entered the game. That's an illegal substitution. It should have been a technical foul, Ray should have gotten a free throw and the ball and the game should never have gone to overtime.

People that live in Miami are human refuse.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: June 19, 2013, 10:12:02 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 19, 2013, 10:06:55 AM

Mostly. What people don't really get though is that Miami is Latin America's team. They have an enormous Latino following inside and outside of the U.S. These people aren't represented in the lower bowl of AAA or on Twitter, but they cram the bars and outdoor party areas all over the city on game days. And then there is me. Alone. In my apartment. Screaming.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: June 19, 2013, 10:16:03 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 19, 2013, 10:12:02 AM

Mostly. What people don't really get though is that Miami is Latin America's team. They have an enormous Latino following inside and outside of the U.S. These people aren't represented in the lower bowl of AAA or on Twitter, but they cram the bars and outdoor party areas all over the city on game days. And then there is me. Alone. In my apartment. Screaming.

They seemed to be fairly well represented in the video embedded at the bottom of that post.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: June 19, 2013, 10:22:48 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 19, 2013, 10:16:03 AM

They seemed to be fairly well represented in the video embedded at the bottom of that post.

Meh...I don't think you'd find a city in the league where you wouldn't have some fans leaving with the team down 5 with 28 seconds to go or whatever it was.

I'm not justifying their actions, I just don't think this is in any way unique to Miami.

Plenty of actual reasons to dislike the the team without manufacturing ones.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: June 19, 2013, 10:24:19 AM »

"According to ESPN, teams that lead by 5 points with 20-30 seconds remaining win 98.6 percent of the time. If somebody wanted to start walking out rather than watch an opponent celebrate a title on their team's home floor, I'm not going to call them a shitty fan. That's fucking illiterate."

This is horseshit. I don't care about the %'s. If you don't want to see the celebration, leave at the buzzer. Leaving a five point fucking NBA game in a championship series is being a bad fan. You can stop defending these people you are mildly associatd with because of a choice you all made three years ago. And using Pacers fans as a rebutal is hardly a winning argument with this crowd.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: June 19, 2013, 10:25:10 AM »
And Pen's absolutely right that there are probably elements of every fanbase that would do this, but I'd say none of those people deserve to be defended.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: June 19, 2013, 10:32:51 AM »

They're too poor.. and colored. That's pretty clear

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: June 19, 2013, 10:35:30 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 19, 2013, 10:24:19 AM

"According to ESPN, teams that lead by 5 points with 20-30 seconds remaining win 98.6 percent of the time. If somebody wanted to start walking out rather than watch an opponent celebrate a title on their team's home floor, I'm not going to call them a shitty fan. That's fucking illiterate."

This is horseshit. I don't care about the %'s. If you don't want to see the celebration, leave at the buzzer. Leaving a five point fucking NBA game in a championship series is being a bad fan. You can stop defending these people you are mildly associatd with because of a choice you all made three years ago. And using Pacers fans as a rebutal is hardly a winning argument with this crowd.

About 95% of teams winning a baseball game going into the 9th inning win, so I guess it will be OK when Cubs fans leave Wrigley when the Rays have a 2 run lead going into the 9th inning of game 6 of the 2016 World Series.

And it is understandable that nobody goes to Pacers games. There is just too much other stuff to do in Indianoplace.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: June 19, 2013, 10:37:08 AM »
I just don't get how a guy who has only rooted for the Heat since the big three arrived can somehow deny the obvious reality that a large chunk of their fanbase consists of latecomers and frontrunners. I get that you don't include yourself amongst the shitheads, Pex, because you've stuck with them through good times and slightly less awesome but still good times, and you're overall a knowledgeable basketball fan, but why you feel the compulsion to defend that garbage as though it's an affront to you when you belong to a group of people who spend most of their time denigrating shitty Chicago sports fans, I don't know.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: June 19, 2013, 10:44:31 AM »
Quote from: Tony on June 19, 2013, 10:35:30 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 19, 2013, 10:24:19 AM

About 95% of teams winning a baseball game going into the 9th inning win, so I guess it will be OK when Cubs fans leave Wrigley when the Rays have a 2 run lead going into the 9th inning of game 6 of the 2016 World Series.

And it is understandable that nobody goes to Pacers games. There is just too much other stuff to do in Indianoplace.

So, the AL won the All Star game that year? *places bet*

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: June 19, 2013, 10:47:40 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 19, 2013, 10:37:08 AM
I just don't get how a guy who has only rooted for the Heat since the big three arrived can somehow deny the obvious reality that a large chunk of their fanbase consists of latecomers and frontrunners. I get that you don't include yourself amongst the shitheads, Pex, because you've stuck with them through good times and slightly less awesome but still good times, and you're overall a knowledgeable basketball fan, but why you feel the compulsion to defend that garbage as though it's an affront to you when you belong to a group of people who spend most of their time denigrating shitty Chicago sports fans, I don't know.

I've gotten to know some pretty funny and knowledgeable Heat fans the same way I've met some of the same types here at Desipio. I don't lump you guys in with the BCB crowd, even though we all know they're out there and we hate them more than our opponents' fans ever will. I guess I'm not at that level of butthurt over the lousy Heat fans because I don't live next to them.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: June 19, 2013, 11:00:33 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 19, 2013, 10:47:40 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 19, 2013, 10:37:08 AM

I've gotten to know some pretty funny and knowledgeable Heat fans the same way I've met some of the same types here at Desipio. I don't lump you guys in with the BCB crowd, even though we all know they're out there and we hate them more than our opponents' fans ever will. I guess I'm not at that level of butthurt over the lousy Heat fans because I don't live next to them.

I know a number of respectable, intelligent, and even likeable Cardinals fans. I have a professor from Vancouver who roots for the Canucks and isn't a fuck stick. But damned if that's stopping me from jumping into the fray and throwing both of those fanbases down the shitter. The day we stop saying it's alright to lump entire groups of people together and judge them by the lowest common denominator is the day we're all no better than the dirty Jews.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: June 19, 2013, 11:10:49 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 19, 2013, 11:00:33 AM
The day we stop saying it's alright to lump entire groups of people together and judge them by the lowest common denominator is the day we're all no better than the dirty Jews.

Your final solution to this problem is to send them to take showers, no doubt.