News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.  ( 60,712 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.
« Reply #210 on: October 02, 2012, 04:51:14 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 02, 2012, 04:40:29 PM
Quote from: R-V on October 02, 2012, 02:52:59 PM
Quote from: morpheus on October 02, 2012, 02:08:58 PM
Quote from: Eli on October 02, 2012, 12:05:26 PM
Quote from: Slaky on October 02, 2012, 11:25:42 AM
Where's the thread where idiots bitch about the cover 2 because the Bears gave up yards and a few points to an NFL offense?

Scenario: the Cowboys appear to be completing passes to their own team intermittently between interceptions and sacks

"HEY!" said the moron at home watching tee vee. "This cover 2 sucks! We always (ALWAYS) give up points here. This is why I hate the cover 2. I wish we'd get rid of it."

60 points allowed in 4 games with the shitty cover 2. Perennially one of the best, most stingiest defenses in the league under Lovie Smith. Takeaways like crazy.

And people have the gall to bitch about giving up yards in a pro football game to a professional offense who is scheming and plotting for a week straight to do exactly that.

What the fuck is wrong with people?

If the Bears gave up 100 yards a game and zero points people would still find a way to lose their shit about the manner in which those 100 yards were gained.

As I see it, the problem with the Cover-2 is that, by my count, the offense has 11 guys. That leaves 9 men open on every play. I don't pretend to have all the answers but this is just bad scheme-math.

11-on-11 is the way to go.  Just pick a guy and cover him.

Eli: meatball font :: RV : Frodog quotes

Also:

Eli: meatball font :: Eli : Frodog quotes

I used a FroDog quote for the Peanut thread title and felt like shit about it. It won't happen again.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #211 on: October 02, 2012, 05:51:03 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 02, 2012, 04:51:14 PM
Quote from: Eli on October 02, 2012, 04:40:29 PM
Quote from: R-V on October 02, 2012, 02:52:59 PM
Quote from: morpheus on October 02, 2012, 02:08:58 PM
Quote from: Eli on October 02, 2012, 12:05:26 PM
Quote from: Slaky on October 02, 2012, 11:25:42 AM
Where's the thread where idiots bitch about the cover 2 because the Bears gave up yards and a few points to an NFL offense?

Scenario: the Cowboys appear to be completing passes to their own team intermittently between interceptions and sacks

"HEY!" said the moron at home watching tee vee. "This cover 2 sucks! We always (ALWAYS) give up points here. This is why I hate the cover 2. I wish we'd get rid of it."

60 points allowed in 4 games with the shitty cover 2. Perennially one of the best, most stingiest defenses in the league under Lovie Smith. Takeaways like crazy.

And people have the gall to bitch about giving up yards in a pro football game to a professional offense who is scheming and plotting for a week straight to do exactly that.

What the fuck is wrong with people?

If the Bears gave up 100 yards a game and zero points people would still find a way to lose their shit about the manner in which those 100 yards were gained.

As I see it, the problem with the Cover-2 is that, by my count, the offense has 11 guys. That leaves 9 men open on every play. I don't pretend to have all the answers but this is just bad scheme-math.

11-on-11 is the way to go.  Just pick a guy and cover him.

Eli: meatball font :: RV : Frodog quotes

Also:

Eli: meatball font :: Eli : Frodog quotes

I used a FroDog quote for the Peanut thread title and felt like shit about it. It won't happen again.

Eli may have used a FroDog quote as the foundation for a post about the Cover 2 above. And I laughed at it.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #212 on: October 02, 2012, 06:31:05 PM »
So when Tillman runs back a touchdown (which he does like all the time) do Fro Dog and BC get angry?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #213 on: October 02, 2012, 07:15:47 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 02, 2012, 06:31:05 PM
So when Tillman runs back a touchdown (which he does like all the time) do Fro Dog and BC get angry?

Yes, because I come to their houses and piss in their sock drawers every time that happens.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #214 on: October 02, 2012, 07:15:48 PM »

BC goes full Milquetoast Color Analyst:

Quote from: BCTony Romo with a great touchdown pass to the wide open Peanut Tillman. #beardown

LOL!

FroDog just goes with a casual 'told you so':

Quote from: FroDogCovering receivers really does wonders.

Maybe someone finally tore up Lovie's stupid pills scrip.

(You know... since you asked.)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #215 on: October 02, 2012, 07:48:04 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 02, 2012, 07:15:48 PM

BC goes full Milquetoast Color Analyst:

Quote from: BCTony Romo with a great touchdown pass to the wide open Peanut Tillman. #beardown

LOL!

FroDog just goes with a casual 'told you so':

Quote from: FroDogCovering receivers really does wonders.

Maybe someone finally tore up Lovie's stupid pills scrip.

(You know... since you asked.)

The Fro Dog quote kills me. As though the Bears/Tillman and Jennings have done literally anything different this year except have better safety help behind them and a better pass rush up front.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #216 on: October 02, 2012, 09:02:32 PM »
Also, posting this one for the "UTLER HAS HORRIBLE MECKANECKS  N TROWS OFF HIS BACK FOOT TOO MUCH" crowd:

Not that he doesn't throw picks off his back foot, but he also completes several passes a game off of it, too, because if you're a strong-armed QB with an often porous line such things are necessary
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #217 on: October 02, 2012, 09:03:01 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 02, 2012, 07:48:04 PM
As though the Bears/Tillman and Jennings have done literally anything different this year except have better safety help behind them and a better pass rush up front.

As if!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #218 on: October 02, 2012, 09:22:27 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 02, 2012, 09:02:32 PM
Also, posting this one for the "UTLER HAS HORRIBLE MECKANECKS  N TROWS OFF HIS BACK FOOT TOO MUCH" crowd:

Not that he doesn't throw picks off his back foot, but he also completes several passes a game off of it, too, because if you're a strong-armed QB with an often porous line such things are necessary

Someone should order Apex a gross of Windex.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #219 on: October 03, 2012, 09:33:36 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 02, 2012, 09:22:27 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 02, 2012, 09:02:32 PM

Someone should order Apex a gross of Windex.

I'm inventing a new term for what I did while watching that. Jazzterbating. I'm beating off while jazz-handing. It is that good.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #221 on: October 07, 2012, 04:53:38 PM »
The Big 10's bottomless chum bucket has claimed Gabe Carimi!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #222 on: October 07, 2012, 04:58:41 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 07, 2012, 04:53:38 PM
The Big 10's bottomless chum bucket has claimed Gabe Carimi!

The Corey Wootton Comeback Tour rolls on with another sack.  The Big Ten rules!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #223 on: October 07, 2012, 07:35:25 PM »
The Bears might be good. Maybe. I don't have the data in front of me.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #224 on: October 07, 2012, 09:45:57 PM »
I'm not really sure where the idea that I hated Tillman came from. A couple years ago I gave the assessment that he relatively struggles against smaller, faster receivers while doing a great job against bigger receivers. I also said that Tillman might eventually have to move to safety if he lost some speed.

I still think both assessments are correct, but that doesn't get in the way of my thinking that Tillman has been and is a very good cornerback overall.

Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.