News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: This is 40  ( 1,742 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
This is 40
« on: December 25, 2012, 09:39:38 PM »
Bunch of materialistic, whiney, entitled people who wish they had it better.  If you have any prejudices about Los Angeles, this movie will reinforce them.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: This is 40
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 07:54:54 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 25, 2012, 09:39:38 PM
Bunch of materialistic, whiney, entitled people who wish they had it better.  If you have any prejudices about Los Angeles, this movie will reinforce them.

It's a shame that this is what new music by Graham Parker was wasted on.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 08:51:05 AM »
Quote from: Fork on December 26, 2012, 07:54:54 AM

To be fair, until they make This Is 80, neither of you are the target demographic.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 08:59:18 AM »

So, it's Facebook The Movie?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 09:05:37 AM »
Quote from: Bort on December 26, 2012, 08:51:05 AM

To be fair, until they make This Is 80, neither of you are the target demographic.

2 Cocoon movies have us covered there.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 12:07:55 PM »

By the way, Graham Parker comes accross as a really down to Earth, pleasant person.  He is the only character
in the movie with whom you would want to spend any time.  Well, maybe Megan Fox.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 12:03:23 PM »
This is it for me. Death to Apatow.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 08:35:10 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 27, 2012, 12:03:23 PM
This is it for me. Death to Apatow.

Better take Apted while you're at it.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 09:22:06 AM »
A movie that I think I hate, but I find myself talking about a week after I have seen it has obviously said something to me.  What this movie said is "These are people whom you know.  You may not like them, but you have more in common with them than you would like to admit."  Albert Brooks plays Paul Rudd's father.  He has outlived his usefulness and relies on his son to lend him money.  Does this change his lifestyle?  Hell no.  John Lithgow plays Leslie Mann's Waspy, wealthy, surgeon father,  He has a  second family and has no involvement in his daughter's life.  Is he happy?  He is miserable because he has failed with two families and uses withdrawal as his defense.  Paul Rudd is a failing business man who started a business because he lost his job and can't get another one.  Leslie Mann plays an attractive woman who has set 40 as the date when she goes over the cliff and is no longer youthful, whether she is or not.    Boobs?  Yes.  Leslie Mann has a nice set, but the first time you see her right boob it is while she is getting a  mammogram.  After that it is not exciting when she later tries to use them to interest her husband in sex.  You know what?  All of this is funny.  If you can stomach it.  Melissa McCarthy steals the two scenes in which she appears.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 09:53:46 AM »

I just think Judd Apatow has such a huge fucking mancrush on Paul Rudd that he lets Rudd keep banging his wife in movies.
TIME TO POST!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 10:30:10 AM »
Quote from: Fork on January 02, 2013, 09:53:46 AM

I just think Judd Apatow has such a huge fucking mancrush on Paul Rudd that he lets Rudd keep banging his wife in movies.

He'd have to wait in line behind IAN