News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: White House Down (But Not Out)  ( 772 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
White House Down (But Not Out)
« on: August 04, 2013, 12:53:38 PM »
This is a silly movie that "borrows" liberally from Die Hard and  Air Force One.  We were in the mood for a movie that blows a lot of things up, and this one certainly fills that need.  (by about an hour too much.)  Channing Tatum  (did his parents really name him that?) plays Bruce Willis, barefoot, undershirt and all.  And Jamie Foxx plays Harrison Ford/Barack Obama.  Foxx, as the president of the United States whose White House has been taken over by terrorists, steals the "get off my plane line"  as he kicks a terrorist into oblivion, but refers instead to touching his Air Jordans.  (They went to a great deal of trouble to set up that line.)  The references to Die Hard are even more numerous, such as the outing by the media of the hostage connection to the hero who is foiling the plans of the terrorists.  Mrs. Cubbieblue said that there were about 5 places where she was certain that the movie was about to end, but no, it goes on and on.  Shakespreare this is not, but it is funny and as filling as a two and a quarter hour Thanksgiving dinner.  Don't plan on visiting the White House anytime soon.  They will have to rebuild it from the ground up.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)