News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Systems of Football: The All-Purpose Bears Game Thread  ( 44,282 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Systems of Football: The All-Purpose Bears Game Thread
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2013, 02:28:20 PM »
Quote from: flannj on November 17, 2013, 01:28:45 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 17, 2013, 01:03:18 PM
Quote from: flannj on November 17, 2013, 12:47:32 PM
Ed Curran just informed me that tornadoes are dangerous.

The've delayed a football game. If that doesn't illustrate how dangerous tornadoes are, I don't know what would.

He said that if you are in the path of a tornado you should get in a tub and put on a bike helmet to protect your head.
I'm picturing Huey yelling at his family to go find their own tub.

He also said "If you are in a mobile home you CANNOT be in a mobile home, go somewhere else"

I assume bootstraps would be the fastest way to achieve that.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2013, 03:40:20 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 17, 2013, 02:28:20 PM
Quote from: flannj on November 17, 2013, 01:28:45 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 17, 2013, 01:03:18 PM
Quote from: flannj on November 17, 2013, 12:47:32 PM
Ed Curran just informed me that tornadoes are dangerous.

The've delayed a football game. If that doesn't illustrate how dangerous tornadoes are, I don't know what would.

He said that if you are in the path of a tornado you should get in a tub and put on a bike helmet to protect your head.
I'm picturing Huey yelling at his family to go find their own tub.

He also said "If you are in a mobile home you CANNOT be in a mobile home, go somewhere else"

I assume bootstraps would be the fastest way to achieve that.

And now he just said that the cold air mass came in and 'settled everything down.'

As opposed to causing the storm in the first place.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2013, 05:07:03 PM »
Worst unnecessary horse collar tackle ever.  And away we go to an unnecessary OT.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2013, 06:03:08 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on November 17, 2013, 05:07:03 PM
Worst unnecessary horse collar tackle ever.  And away we go to an unnecessary OT.

...nonetheless I appreciate the link to place where I could buy horsecollars if I were so inclined.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2013, 06:58:58 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 17, 2013, 06:03:08 PM

...nonetheless I appreciate the link to place where I could buy horsecollars if I were so inclined.

You might have a computer virus, Stew.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2013, 11:22:17 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 17, 2013, 06:58:58 PM

Yes.  There's no link, Stew.  Something else is adding that.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2013, 06:05:18 PM »
This Rotoworld blurb (just links to a tweet that doesn't say this specifically, so unsure of the source or origin) doesn't sound all that promising.

Speaking for the first time since Week 10, Jay Cutler implied his ankle injury is worse than has been reported and there are "worrisome ligament issues."

"The ankle is the problem. The groin is going to be fine," Cutler said. "If I just had a normal high-ankle sprain, I wouldn't be in a cast. I'm searching for any doctor in the country that will say, 'Hey, you can play on this,' but we haven't found him yet. There's a couple ligaments that we're a little bit worried about that's different than a normal high-ankle sprain." Cutler initially targeted a Week 13 return against the Vikings, "but now I really don't know."

All the Bears have said is that Cutler is "week-to-week." It sounds like Josh McCown could be in the saddle for at least a couple more starts.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2013, 07:15:22 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 18, 2013, 06:05:18 PM
This Rotoworld blurb (just links to a tweet that doesn't say this specifically, so unsure of the source or origin) doesn't sound all that promising.

Speaking for the first time since Week 10, Jay Cutler implied his ankle injury is worse than has been reported and there are "worrisome ligament issues."

"The ankle is the problem. The groin is going to be fine," Cutler said. "If I just had a normal high-ankle sprain, I wouldn't be in a cast. I'm searching for any doctor in the country that will say, 'Hey, you can play on this,' but we haven't found him yet. There's a couple ligaments that we're a little bit worried about that's different than a normal high-ankle sprain." Cutler initially targeted a Week 13 return against the Vikings, "but now I really don't know."

All the Bears have said is that Cutler is "week-to-week." It sounds like Josh McCown could be in the saddle for at least a couple more starts.

It's nice to have a back-up QB that's capable of getting the job done, if you can tune out the meatballs that want him to be the starter.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2013, 07:58:01 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 18, 2013, 11:22:17 AM

But before I opened that message I didn't have a clue as to where I could purchase a halfway decent horsecollar.  Now, when I need one in a hurry I will know where to go.  "Urgent Horsecollars, Inc."
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2013, 08:02:49 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 18, 2013, 07:58:01 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 18, 2013, 11:22:17 AM

But before I opened that message I didn't have a clue as to where I could purchase a halfway decent horsecollar.  Now, when I need one in a hurry I will know where to go.  "Urgent Horsecollars, Inc."

Seems legit.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2013, 12:19:13 PM »
Is it so hard to just be happy about a back-up QB playing well? Why do all the meatballs have to take it too far?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2013, 12:21:28 PM »
Quote from: Tony on November 19, 2013, 12:19:13 PM
Is it so hard to just be happy about a back-up QB playing well? Why do all the meatballs have to take it too far?

Taking it too far is what good meatballs do.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2013, 12:28:47 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 19, 2013, 12:21:28 PM

Taking it too far is what good meatballs do.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2013, 12:33:13 PM »

Probably because they haven't had a chance to see the backup QB fail. I think it's closely related to overrating prospects in baseball (who we haven't seen suck yet), which is odd because backup-QB-loving meatballs fans are usually entirely separate from the kind of fans who are informed about prospects.

Maybe we're all stupid.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2013, 12:36:29 PM »
I am reminded of a quarterback named Colin Kaepernick, who tore up opposing teams coming in as a backup in 2012.  Now the 49er fans are screaming for his backup to take over.