News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: National Tonkoon's Vacation  ( 51,278 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: National Tonkoon's Vacation
« Reply #315 on: July 18, 2015, 03:04:01 PM »
Going to be a little late: probably more like five o'clock. See you there.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #316 on: July 18, 2015, 03:31:14 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 18, 2015, 03:04:01 PM

That's probably fine, because it's pouring. And the whole point of choosing Parsons is to enjoy the patio. There isn't much inside seating. So... anyone have any suggestions? Apex... TDubbs... are you even seeing this, or are you on your way there?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #317 on: July 19, 2015, 12:15:54 PM »
Quote from: Tony on July 18, 2015, 03:31:14 PM
Quote from: Tonker on July 18, 2015, 03:04:01 PM

That's probably fine, because it's pouring. And the whole point of choosing Parsons is to enjoy the patio. There isn't much inside seating. So... anyone have any suggestions? Apex... TDubbs... are you even seeing this, or are you on your way there?

I was there with you. I had belches last night that were better than fried chicken I've eaten in the last 12 months. That place is the fucking truth. Not cheap. You can get twice as much bird of this quality for the same price down in Buttpuddle. But if I'm going to pay $62 for chicken and beer it better not suck. This stuff was choice.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #318 on: July 19, 2015, 05:17:39 PM »
So now its is time for Tonkoon Vacation part 2, electric boogaloo....

While showing Chinatown off to the lovely Thomas family, we figured out that both of us have tickets to the Friday August 7th 3:05 game with the Giants (PLAYOFF IMPLICATIONS).  Thinking a post game event at my house would be fun.  I am within walking distance of the park and we can have some food and drink and generally hang out.  Let me know if anyone would be interested....
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #319 on: July 20, 2015, 08:18:33 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on July 19, 2015, 05:17:39 PM

While showing Chinatown off to the lovely Thomas family, we figured out that both of us have tickets to the Friday August 7th 3:05 game with the Giants (PLAYOFF IMPLICATIONS).  Thinking a post game event at my house would be fun.  I am within walking distance of the park and we can have some food and drink and generally hang out.  Let me know if anyone would be interested....

We'd be interested, but we're driving up the weekend after so I don't know if we'll want to go up 2 weekends in a row.

As an aside, Tonk, what are the plans for the 14th-16th?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #320 on: July 22, 2015, 10:49:29 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on July 20, 2015, 08:18:33 AM

We'd be interested, but we're driving up the weekend after so I don't know if we'll want to go up 2 weekends in a row.

Nothing at the moment, dude.  Are you thinking of coming up?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #321 on: July 22, 2015, 11:08:33 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on July 20, 2015, 08:18:33 AM

Cookout at Morph's!
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #322 on: July 27, 2015, 08:26:46 PM »
I'm not necessarily blaming him, but prior to Tonker bringing his brood to the US, the Cubs had gone roughly 7,910 without getting no-hit. Since their arrival, they've been no-hit in 10% of their games.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #323 on: July 27, 2015, 10:54:44 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on July 27, 2015, 08:26:46 PM
I'm not necessarily blaming him, but prior to Tonker bringing his brood to the US, the Cubs had gone roughly 7,910 without getting no-hit. Since their arrival, they've been no-hit in 10% of their games.

Sorry, everybody.

In more cheerful news, I today became the first Desipiot to meet Eli and JEli, who are both, I can report, way, WAY fucking nicer than the rest of youse cunts.  We had a very, very pleasant evening with proper barbecue and some delicious Kansas beer, and I sweated an embarrassing amount and they didn't say anything.  Top hole.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #324 on: July 27, 2015, 11:12:55 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 27, 2015, 10:54:44 PM

Sorry, everybody.

In more cheerful news, I today became the first Desipiot to meet Eli and JEli, who are both, I can report, way, WAY fucking nicer than the rest of youse cunts.  We had a very, very pleasant evening with proper barbecue and some delicious Kansas beer, and I sweated an embarrassing amount and they didn't say anything.  Top hole.

I was getting ready to say again that the Cubs really didn't seem to like you being stateside, but then Kris Bryant hit that amazing walkoff homer and thankfully rendered it all moot. So, even better -- a great night all around.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #325 on: July 28, 2015, 09:53:07 AM »

Sorry, everybody.

Fuck off, I was nice as hell to you last time you were here, considering how much I hate Australians.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #326 on: July 28, 2015, 10:40:01 AM »

Sorry, everybody.

I had to wash my clothes three times just to get your Australian stink off them.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #327 on: July 28, 2015, 10:42:20 AM »
Quote from: Bort on July 28, 2015, 09:53:07 AM

Sorry, everybody.

Fuck off, I was nice as hell to you last time you were here, considering how much I hate Australians. everyone

be honest'd

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #328 on: July 28, 2015, 11:18:43 AM »

Sorry, everybody.

Geez, I was gonna offer to smoke a brisket when you came back through Chicago, but you can always go back to Tornado Alley.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #329 on: July 28, 2015, 11:29:38 AM »
He's not saying you guys aren't nice, just that I'm particularly awesome.